Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Three Valleys 2015/2016: Méribel, Courchevel, Val Thorens, Les Menuires, La Tania

Poster: A snowHead
It's overcast here in Reberty Les Menuires at the moment but no snowflakes!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bit of rain in Grenoble I believe. Maybe a little band of precipitation moving through!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Light snow currently falling in Courchevel 1650
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
J9 wrote:
Light snow currently falling in Courchevel 1650

BOOM!!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yep clouds are rolling in☃☃☃☃
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Let it snow!

I hope to be back out for the last week of January, consitions allowing Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just started in VT too. Looks like we might get a whole centimetre if it keeps up. Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Light snow falling on the higher slopes in the 3V right now!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
What is YR?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
it's a Norwegian weather app. Pretty accurate I find...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Wuld be good, but according to Weather.com, which reports snow falling now in VT

'Expect occasional snow to end at 7:15pm'. Sad
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
CourchGal wrote:
'Expect occasional snow to end at 7:15pm'. Sad

Not to worry! Today's snow was always going to be a little bonus. More snow for the soul than season changing super dumps!
Think of it as a little practice run for the bigger spikes over the coming weeks Smile
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
chriswg wrote:
Just started in VT too. Looks like we might get a whole centimetre if it keeps up. Very Happy

Where in VT? been on snow watch from my balcony and haven't seen a solitary flake - despite my offerings to Ullr all week Sad

Hoping that there will be a bit overnight.

Forecasts seem to concur that there will be snow on Thursday, with epic amounts starting at the weekend/ early next week, just after we leave Sad
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Today was spent in Val Tho. Ok ish... Orelle was the find of the day. The fresh powder yesterday was at the top of the Tepes drag. Elsewhere Getting a bit thin... Thanks for the info re Couchevel.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
matricks wrote:
despite my offerings to Ullr all week Sad

Virgins and first borns... anything less is just frowned upon. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
My sacrifice seems to have paid off for next week, although slightly worried the links will be shut due to vent fort now as it looks like this storm will bring a bit of wind (not just from the sprouts I ate the other day)
snow report
Little Martin wrote:
My sacrifice seems to have paid off for next week, although slightly worried the links will be shut due to vent fort now as it looks like this storm will bring a bit of wind (not just from the sprouts I ate the other day)

Wind is the silent killer... I lost 2 and a half days skiing to wind in Sauze last year. Sitting in Sportinia looking at stationary lifts was soul destroying. The only open slope below Sportinia was terrifyingly icy in places, so not a lot of fun.
Drank a lot of wine and ate a lot of pizza...
ski holidays
Weather.com now predicting 100% chance of snow in VT on Sat, 12-20cm...
latest report
Overnight dusting - about 1cm in resort at VT. Nice looking grey clouds hanging around - more to follow I hope.

First run will be right off the top of Portet - found some packed and fresh(ish) powder there yesterday...
ski holidays
Looks like real yellow lens weather on the webcams today as the clouds roll in. Can't wait to see some snow falling Smile snowHead
snow report
I am loving the snow forecast for the next week! Leaving UK on the 8th snowHead snowHead
snow report
A light dusting today: 1-2cms...
Val T pick of the bunch currently - the black off the Glacier chair was in great condition - smooth and grippy. Off piste where it has been skied out was nice and chalky with a soft surface layer. Courchevel has definitely suffered this week. Hopefully the next few days should change all of that though!
snow report
We had a nice day-ventured up from St M over to Les Menuires and actually found some quiet runs first thing. Allemands was good, as was Mont de la Chambre. Not too crowded later in the morning and we barely queued anywhere. Popped over to VT...and hit some good stuff (Goitschel) and some dodgy pistes. Frankly I am really impressed by the quality of the pistes all things considered. I am a lucky b**ger though and get to stay here for the weekend and then go to Val D'Isere on Sunday. Can't wait for the snow!
snow report
I have just woken up in Courchevel 1650 to a winter wonderland. Steady snowfall and the trees and ground are white again. Unfortunately I go home tomorrow but i still managed to get some good skiing in - thanks to the 3V team for all their efforts. Have fun whoever is out this way next week.
snow conditions
Snowing down to about 1100m when we drove up to La Tania. Sticky snow.
ski holidays
Still snowing snowHead
snow report
About 20cms up top by the end of play today... Everything looking a bit whiter at least!
ski holidays
http://www.snoweye.com/grabs/0088/75.jpg

Well that's a sight for sore eyes!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Had an excellent day. Skied from St M over to La Tania for a coffee at about 11, then on to 1650 for lunch. We had to go around the houses from the top of the Loze chair as the reds and black down were closed. I got the impression that the pistes had suffered more than on the Les Menuires side. However once we were on Arolles everything got better. Folyeres was great at about 10.30, though a bit sticky at the bottom.
Then off to 1650 via Creux. A bit crowded and chopped up up top but a delight on the bottom half. Skiing into 1650 involved a sneaky ski down Indiens which was shut but had about 4 inches of fresh snow on it at about noon. Snowfall varied from small flakes to big fluffy jobs. We set off back over to St M at about 1.30 and made good progress. The runs down to Meribel were well skied and legs were starting to burn a bit. Then over the top and the pistes were much quieter. We sneaked down the blue to the bottom at St M-on about 5-6 inches of fresh snow. Down in the village things are now white. the snow line on the way back to our friends' house down the valley was probably at about 1200m.
snow conditions
Had an excellent day. Skied from St M over to La Tania for a coffee at about 11, then on to 1650 for lunch. We had to go around the houses from the top of the Loze chair as the reds and black down were closed. I got the impression that the pistes had suffered more than on the Les Menuires side. However once we were on Arolles everything got better. Folyeres was great at about 10.30, though a bit sticky at the bottom.
Then off to 1650 via Creux. A bit crowded and chopped up up top but a delight on the bottom half. Skiing into 1650 involved a sneaky ski down Indiens which was shut but had about 4 inches of fresh snow on it at about noon. Snowfall varied from small flakes to big fluffy jobs. We set off back over to St M at about 1.30 and made good progress. The runs down to Meribel were well skied and legs were starting to burn a bit. Then over the top and the pistes were much quieter. We sneaked down the blue to the bottom at St M-on about 5-6 inches of fresh snow. Down in the village things are now white. the snow line on the way back to our friends' house down the valley was probably at about 1200m.
snow report
Then off to 1650 via Creux. A bit crowded and chopped up up top but a delight on the bottom half. Skiing into 1650 involved a sneaky ski down Indiens which was shut but had about 4 inches of fresh snow on it at about noon. Snowfall varied from small flakes to big fluffy flurries. We set off back over to St M at about 1.30 and made good progress. The runs down to Meribel were well skied and legs were starting to burn a bit. Then over the top and the pistes were much quieter. We sneaked down the blue to the bottom at St M-on about 5-6 inches of fresh snow. Down in the village things are now white. The snow line on the way back to our friends' house down the valley was probably at about 1200m. It's 7pm now and it's still raining down here at 1000m, so more snow must be falling up top.
Legs tired! Mr P's GPS says we have done about 45 miles today, including lifts apart from the start of the day and the lift out of Courchevel 1650.
snow report
@Perty, was it Groundhog Day today?? snowHead
ski holidays
Snowing again in la tania
snow conditions
Off and on here in st Jean. Ventured up to Les menuires earlier and things look great for tomorrow, still snowing up there.

Looking forward to our first ski tomorrow (hope my knee holds up!)
ski holidays
@luigi, hmmm....not sure what happened there... Very Happy . Sorry folks!
snow conditions
Looks like the sun might make an appearance... truely awful conditions to ski in Wink
latest report
Little Martin wrote:
Looks like the sun might make an appearance... truely awful conditions to ski in Wink

You'll just have to suck it up and take one for the team. I feel for you, I really do Laughing
latest report
Absolutely awful conditions in c1850, snow grippy, plenty of powder on the runs not pisted. Sun making an appearance. Still the odd small rock around on piste. Very Happy
snow conditions
@Little Martin, how terrible was the rest of the day??
ski holidays
Horrible.

Started snowing again
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy