Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Three Valleys 2015/2016: Méribel, Courchevel, Val Thorens, Les Menuires, La Tania

Poster: A snowHead
I wish I was out there just to watch the weather develop its always good to see. My season doesn't start until 18 December so I will have to rely on the Web cams for now. From what I remember it does look more promising than early last year. .....so far!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looking the web cams, it looks like light snow in VT resort and heavier snow on the higher slopes.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Saulire 2700m looking a bit whiter, col de la loze 2300m still nothing, but temp is now 1.5 degree, down from 2.6 earlier, so won't be long Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Will they fire the snow cannons (when the temp is low enough) to maximise the cover? Not sure what the norm is when expecting a large dump!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes. They have already had them on a little bit. They usually switch them on around 5 days before opening and let the snow pile up in piles, so it doesn't melt or sublimate away. Then just before opening day they cover the pistes with the accumulation. That's what they've done in the past even if there is a fair covering already.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Looking whiter on the Web cams. Snow in la Tania
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Snow snow snow!!!!! All white in VT! snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
What a difference 12 hours makes! Much nicer view at Val Thorens!

latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@letsgetpiste, keep the snaps coming please, good to see the white stuff arriving!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
gdizzle wrote:
@letsgetpiste, keep the snaps coming please, good to see the white stuff arriving!

Unfortunately, I cannot claim responsibility for these photos! I am just snapshotting webcams. snowHead
http://www.valthorens.com/en/live/livecams--webcams/resort-livecam.550.html
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Courchevel looking very pretty today and nice to see after the rain there yesterday during the day.

http://www.courchevel.com/winter/en/webcams-lc72.html

Oh, and the snow making is in operation too so must be nice and cold.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Another year of crap base though if we dont get some freeze thaw sequences. Forecast is thaw thaw
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Maersk wrote:
Another year of crap base though if we dont get some freeze thaw sequences. Forecast is thaw thaw

surely its freeze freeze! (there might be a little thaw occasionally) The temps are stuck well below zero for the next 7 days.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
hope you are right.......................
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Maersk wrote:
hope you are right.......................

So do I!
snow report
First snow has fallen in Méribel. Only 2 - 3 inches so far, but more is forecast for next week.

snow report
looks like it's staying cold, not sure if it can be too cold for cannons, but hopefully they can get the cannons on to help build the base.

More snow during the week will help things along, freezing level staying nice and low.
ski holidays
Just got to keep it below -6 degrees!!
snow report
Snowing on and off all day down to the valley floor. Temperatures set to plummet from Monday but already falling. More snow forecast this week. Snow cannons will all be working hard.
snow report
The plummeting temperatures will be our friend here. I know the snow hasn't hit in the volumes people were praying for but at this early stage of the season, it's about turning the first 50cms into a solid frozen base to get us through the hard times!!
snow conditions
Looks like VT has done well out of the dump - some great photos on the resort website. And potentially another metre of snow forecast for the next 10 days...

ski holidays
Plenty of fresh snow over night, down to the valley floor. Much colder today.
snow report
Blue The ski trip booking finger is starting to twitch!
snow report
t40ora wrote:
Blue The ski trip booking finger is starting to twitch!
Get it done Smile))
snow conditions
Do it - 2 trips booked and already thinking about a third!
ski holidays
snowHead
snow conditions
Handy Turnip wrote:
Do it - 2 trips booked and already thinking about a third!

So jealous. Sad
ski holidays
I saved up loads of holiday this year to do as much skiing as possible! Any trips planned, @letsgetpiste?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
cannons on in 1850 and la tania this morning
snow report
Handy Turnip wrote:
I saved up loads of holiday this year to do as much skiing as possible! Any trips planned, @letsgetpiste?

Just the one to VT on the 30.01.2015. I've recently welcomed the arrival of my first child, so I am pretty chuffed that the missus is letting me leave her and a six month old at home!!
I'm working on maybe a long weekend somewhere as well, so I'm going to keep my eye on the other topics asking for additional travellers and try and tag along.

Where are you heading this year @Handy Turnip??
ski holidays
These pics encouraged me to book val thorens for new year. Usually go there at Easter. Last time I went in December it was unbelievably cold. Excuse for some new ski clobber.
latest report
@Handy Turnip, where are those pics on the site, cant find em
snow report
@BAJJ, the photo's are actually from the official facebook page (link below). I just assumed that the official website would have them too, strange that they don't. They posted some more photos today, so worth taking a look

https://www.facebook.com/valthorens.resort

@letsgetpiste, I'm off to Morzine in Feb, and then off Val Thorens in March. All these photo's have got me thinking whether I can squeeze in a long weekend somewhere in Jan.
snow report
Courchevel 1850 has Jardin Alpin / Bellecote area open for free on Wednesday
ski holidays
Looking to book somewhere in VT for the Christmas week (20th to 27th December ). Found some good deals for Chalet Le Sommet - and some mixed reviews.

Anyone on here know it first hand? My primary concerns are about access to and from the post. Some comments are that it is only ski in/outable if you are REALLY good off pisters (we're not!), and the photos showing the slope down to the bridge seemed pretty damned steep, and likely to be treacherous if icy.
latest report
@Handy Turnip, Thanks for that, never thought of feckbook
snow conditions
@t40ora, If it's where I think it is then getting back to it means a detour back from plein sud piste. Not on the piste but I wouldn't think hugely difficult. Getting onto a piste is probably a bit more difficult as, going from vague memory here, the new club med building may make joining the link piste to the 'bridge' a bit harder.
snow report
@emwmarine, OK, thanks. We're looking at a couple of other places too, now.
ski holidays
For anyone in the vicinity, particularly with little ones, Courchevel are doing a very limited opening tomorrow from 10 until 4.30pm. Only Jardin Alpin, magic carpet and one button lift though. Lift pass is free.
latest report
a bit of snow to fall too tomorrow.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy