Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New New Canadian Government Registration eTA Process

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have just found that there is a new process for those flying to Canada.

eTA is a new entry requirement for visa-exempt foreign nationals traveling to Canada by air.

The new process will allow the Canadian government to screen all travelers before they enter the country. The authorization is electronically linked to your passport and is valid for five years or until your passport expires, whichever comes first.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/eta-start.asp?_$ja=tsid:75477

I'm not sure if this has been posted before, apologies if it has.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 26-08-15 20:54; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sounds like a Canadian version of the US ESTA. Still at least it's cheaper at only $7 Canadian and lasts for 5 years rather than the US ESTA's 2 years. Smile
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cost $7 per person needed for travel after 15th match 2016.
It all new only found out today.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yip - just had an e mail from Canadian affair - another tourist tax!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
chocksaway wrote:
Yip - just had an e mail from Canadian affair - another tourist tax!

I'm not sure 70p a year will have a significant impact when compared to the various airline taxes. The last time I flew the various taxes were around 40% of the flight cost.

At least they are making some attempt to control their borders.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I bet it won't get me through passport control any faster.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
chocksaway wrote:
... another tourist tax!

Not really. It's not specifically for tourists and it's not a "tax" in the sense most people would use the word. You are paying many taxes, but tourists aren't singled out.

It's still way more common for "tourists" to fly long distance to ski that it used to be, probably because it's comparatively cheap for them.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It has to be better than filling those daft cards in on the plane even if it does cost a small amount of cash. Good job $CAD has gone down so much 2 to the £. Time to buy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jake43 wrote:
It has to be better than filling those daft cards in on the plane even if it does cost a small amount of cash. Good job $CAD has gone down so much 2 to the £. Time to buy

You'll still have to do that, its a customs form
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Call it what you like but its a government taking more money off me.......
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stuarth wrote:
Jake43 wrote:

You'll still have to do that, its a customs form

Oh darn that is a pain then
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy