Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Chevalier- France 2015-2016

Poster: A snowHead
There's a long time until the end of January. wink
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
L2A looks to have good snow Very Happy
Serre Che should open this weekend, but only the upper slopes at Chantemerle as it's been a bit too warm for serious snow-making the last week or so.... I'll be up if it is and report back!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@leggyblonde you're being silly!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Minion1980, beat me to it, or maybe I'm more polite Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks guys Cool
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Is there a bus that goes from Serre Chev to Montgenevre?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kind of, from Briancon only so I think you'd need to go along the valley first depending on where you stay?? It definitely picks up on the road outside the gondola lift near the new centre and also on the main road as it goes up past the old town.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You'll need to pay or pretend to be a lift worker (nearly everyone who gets on the early bus). Friendly group, was teaching one of them some English Smile.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We will be in Villeneuve. So on the main road, I think
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I received an email from the Serre Chevalier lift office saying that despite the relief road being completed, the season pass in L2A can be cancelled and a refund of €93 will be made at the end of the season....
However this is optional, I guess you need to notify them asap, or maybe if you don't use it, the refund is made automatically, I'll try and find out on Saturday when I go up, the upper half of Chantemerle is opening this weekend!
Probably not make a lot of difference to me, will maybe go 2 or 3 times over the season so costs about the same!

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Thu 3-12-15 18:58; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@leggyblonde, You did ask for it Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just getting ready to go up for the first ski of the season, gloves, goggles, lift pass.............
Rained here last night so there may a dusting of new snow up top!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@KenX, enjoy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just got down after les premieres visages of the season, great Very Happy
Only 4 lifts open, Ratier, Oree du Bois, Foret and Prorel, but still good for December 5th!
The pistes, though artificial were in fantastic condition, I'd have been happy in February if they were that good....
Going up again Tuesday on the teles, will hope to have an answer on the lift pass refund then.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Another sunny day in Serre Che Very Happy
Took my new(-ish) tele skis up today, my 2 season old Salomon Q105, they performed really well on the firm artificial pistes, first time I've tele'd with rocker skis!
Conditions are still really good, but there's nobody skiing it yet, the official opening weekend this Saturday will tell a different story, we need some real snow please!!!

Re the L2A pass refund, I've just been in the office and they just looked at me blankly, then said "the new road is open so there will be no refund"
I said "ah, but you sent me this email (handed phone over) which says we have the option of a refund"
They tried to ring the head honcho but he was at lunch, so back in again Saturday for an answer.............
snow conditions
@KenX, I haven't had the email.
snow conditions
Have you had the mail about the pre-season opening, it's at the bottom of that?

Pass Saison SerreCheAddict
Dés cet été, nous informions tous les détenteurs de Pass saison SerreCheAddict que si la liaison routière entre le Briançonnais et l’Oisans n’était pas rétablie au 4 janvier 2016, nous nous engagions à les dédommager.
Une route de secours est désormais ouverte à la circulation et propose une solution alternative aux usagers.
Si toutefois, vous ne souhaitiez-pas profitez de la réciprocité avec le domaine skiable des 2 Alpes incluse dans votre Pass saison SerreCheAddict, nous maintenons notre engagement à vous dédommager avec un remboursement dans les deux mois suivant la fin de saison :
– Enfant : 74.40 € de remboursés
– Adulte : 93.00 € de remboursés
ski holidays
@KenX, I have an email dated the 30th November about the pre-overture, but there is nothing on there about the refund.
snow conditions
This is what I see.
ski holidays
Mine was Dec 3rd at 16:32, someone else here has the same email as me.....
I didn't get the 30/11 one...... Weird, I'll see how it pans out, not a big deal, just ski a couple of days in L2A and it costs around the same anyway, go and visit ClaudeB
Very Happy
latest report
@KenX, @Hells Bells, I know Kim (SnowAngel) as she was working in the Villeneuve lift office for a few years and for the past couple in Chantermerle where in the summer we discussed all this when I did my passes with her and bump into her every now and again, last time as she's driving down the Granon and I'm cycling up it!

So I'll double check with her next week, but would imagine it could still all be an ever changing picture as one serious snowfall / incident could impact on the road, but for sure at the moment I doubt they will offer the reimbursement.

Friends who run the Edelweiss in LG were singing the praises of the new road and how things are almost back to normal (no buses etc).

Forecast looking interesting for next week just as we are due to come out, though days and amounts are changing every run of the forecast model it seems - http://www.meteociel.fr/tendances/1900/la_salle_les_alpes.htm

Plan is tunnel Tues AM, stop off at my brothers in the Chautreusse in the evening and then on to Serre Wed AM.

And I'm bringing so much stuff out with me for all the people coming out to stay at various times over the holiday period, wish I never offered!
snow conditions
Look forward to seeing you! It's in black and white in my email that they'll reimburse it though......And it was in Chantemerle I asked, going in Saturday again so we'll see then, I'm keeping mine anyway!
ski holidays
@KenX, I definitely only got the email from 30th November, none after that. I wonder if it was pre-written and sent in error to some people before realising their mistake and stopped the remainder?
I would actually have rather they had reinstated the days at Montgenevre and Via Lattea.
snow report
Mine came after yours! Out of interest what address do you have on file with them?
snow report
@KenX, both, but my billing address would be my home one. Interestingly I've just done another search, and I do have a copy of an email dated the 3rd which was forwarded by the president of our resident's committee. It is dated 3/12 at 4.40pm, and has no mention of the refund.
latest report
Hmm, someone I skied with this week had the email but didn't spot the bit about the refund at first! It was there when he looked though.. I was wondering for a minute if they were favouring residents with the refund as opposed to folk with a foreign address, surely not Cool
ski holidays
The president of our committee is a French resident.
latest report
Forecast model changed again, now only one possible day next week, so watch that change, hopefully for the positive....

Great session on the water today, but it's getting colder now especially after major wipe outs resulting in total immersions and a bit of a swim after kit, but hey ho it is December and now time to go back to the mountains, so that could well be it for the year, but some sweet turns on the waves, hopefully this time next week getting some turns in on the white stuff Cool
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just checked in my bin and I have that email from Dec 3rd which clearly states that road is open but if you are not happy with that situation and do not wish to ski in LDA that they will honour their commitment made earlier and will compensate.

Best to move back into my inbox me thinks @Hells Bells, do you want me to forward it on to you in case you've trashed it like me?
latest report
@Weathercam, @KenX already has.
ski holidays
I'm going to ask for you again tomorrow Very Happy
latest report
@KenX, Very Happy
snow report
Up today for the first "proper" day of the season, still no more runs open, although the Casse du Boeuf chair was running, pistes very hard in the afternoon compared to the other 2 mornings I've skied, maybe that's because there's a few more people now, or just that it's warm over lunchtime and then cold in the afternoon.....

Re L2A liftpass, finally got an answer as promised at Chantemerle lift pass office. You need to write a short note with name, address, email and account number saying you don't want to take advantage of the reciprocal L2A season pass and hand it in, maybe Hell's Bells should send an email now and a covering letter in the post as you're not coming out right away?
ski holidays
Bollox, see the 10 day forecast has changed for the worst.

Just as well I'm bringing the bike out !

I'm now officially concerned as daughters are coming out on the 19th, and this is not looking good.
latest report
@Weathercam, as it is a 10 day forecast, it might just swing back the other way before then, keep the faith.
@KenX, good suggestion.
ski holidays
Worst thing is that I wouldn't mind too much, but have twins out on the 19th, another couple of friends arrive on the 20th and you sort of feel responsible for the conditions???!!!

Already one daughter who is quite clued up having done three / four seasons is moaning.

Then the following week have four groups of friends coming out!

HeyHo but a damn good session on the water this afternoon Smile
latest report
Weathercam wrote:
you sort of feel responsible for the conditions???!!!

Maybe you are? I mean last year was a bit poor when you were in SC. The summer before was wet when you came out to cycle. This autumn wasn't exactly spectacular when you were here. Perhaps we French based snowheads can pay for you to do a season in N.A. next year?

It is just a a thought but there is a guy I know who used to aim to spend 3 weeks in Grenoble several times a year and I knew when he was around without him even calling because either the weather was bad or there was no snow or if it was summer it was raining. He always used to return home early and at that moment it would either dump snow or the sun would come out.

Well at least you've broken your injury jinx.
snow report
Very Happy
ski holidays
Very Happy
latest report
@davidof, Laughing Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy