Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tell me about hip replacements

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@ Mrs NBT - I had a resurfacing late 2011 at age 43.

I am lucky enough to have private health cover and had a great surgeon - like me, he is a skier and cyclist so understood what I wanted to be able to achieve.

He basically told me that skiing in general was entirely fine - he said he 'allowed' all patients one week a year, but as has been mentioned earlier in the thread - your body will tell you whats ok and whats not.

What he did recommend was staying off moguls and off piste - I think in both cases to limit the possibility of a collision and hence dislocation.

As I had my op in late December, I missed my annual trip to Tignes in feb 2012 - but if it had been a couple of months later, would have gone - its all about working hard in the rehab.

My left hip is now giving me a bit of gyp and I suspect that I need that one done soon - but it aint happening until I have been to Tignes in January 2016 Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A quick update.
I'm four weeks into the 6 week recovery period from my full hip replacement op.
After some research I opted for Mr Mcminn in Birmingham.
The initial week was a bit hairy as I was quite poorly after surgery, however recovery otherwise is going well. I'm already managing to walk over a mile and tomorrow will go down to 1 crutch.
They really push you at the McMinn centre and its paying off.
Another 2 weeks and I've got the go ahead to cycle on my turbo trainer and swim.
Hoping to be skiing again in 2017. Must not wish my life away though Very Happy .
Must say a massive thanks to nbt. He's managed to work full time, help with a bit of house work and look after me. I feel so lucky.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mrs NBT wrote:
A quick update.
I'm four weeks into the 6 week recovery period from my full hip replacement op.
After some research I opted for Mr Mcminn in Birmingham.
The initial week was a bit hairy as I was quite poorly after surgery, however recovery otherwise is going well. I'm already managing to walk over a mile and tomorrow will go down to 1 crutch.
They really push you at the McMinn centre and its paying off.
Another 2 weeks and I've got the go ahead to cycle on my turbo trainer and swim.
Hoping to be skiing again in 2017. Must not wish my life away though Very Happy .
Must say a massive thanks to nbt. He's managed to work full time, help with a bit of house work and look after me. I feel so lucky.

Nelly - so glad you got to go skiing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mrs NBT - good luck with the rehab, as you know there are some tough days - but its worth it (especially the stretching, its vital for getting back to long term fitness).

Hope you get back on the skis in 2017 as planned (probably when I will be back off them again for the other hip Laughing Laughing )
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy