Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Vintage wooden skis? How much?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've been offered two pairs of vintage wooden skis, they've been kept in a barn for years, dirty, dusty but lovely old things, don't want to insult them with a naff offer but then I dont 'need' them I just like them! Any ideas on a fair offer?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well you can buy firewood for about a fiver a bundle.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
See ebay. If they are actually wooden, not 1970s jobbies, and nothing seriously desirable I'd offer them £100 for both. I'm kind of possibly on the lookout for some, and that's what I'd offer.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Friend paid £50 for a nice pair.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you are more than 100miles from the Alps - about £20 each. Close to the Alps £100 each. Still looking for a truckful to take to the Street Sales in Tignes!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
£100 for the pair sounds about right to me.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think if the skis have intact bindings (probably Kandahar cable type bindings?) they'll be worth more than if the skis have missing/broken bindings.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bought some for antique shop in edinburgh for 40.
1930 kastle from arlberg.
Wood with screw on metal edges.
One slightly broken cable binding.
Think that was a bargain, 50-100 seems fair
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

£100 for the pair sounds about right to me

Not clear, sorry. I meant £100 for the pair of pairs. wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks everyone, pretty unanimous then £100 for both Very Happy I will try and post some pics later.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.

ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
the ones with Christiania on are certainly old - the city was re-named Oslo in 1925! The ones with the lines not going straight down look a bit strange - I saw lots of old skis in several museums in Norway recently and they all had straight longitudinal grooves! But maybe they are a special edition. Very interesting. Are they very long? some were 3m.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@pam w, interesting thanks, not sure if they're grooves or just the grain of the wood, not sure how long they are! Think we will have them, they are lovely Very Happy the plan is when we win the lottery rolling eyes to buy a chalet and have them on display wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I paid about £100 for a lovely old pair in Herefordshire of all places and some 1920's snow shoes for £70.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@feefee, the old skis in the Norwegian museum all had some kind of grooves down their length IIRC.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy