Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lech accomodation questions?

Poster: A snowHead
My wife and I are planning a trip to Lech. We will probably do half board but are not locked into that option. Kind of trying to do mid-level. In Oberlech we have mostly looked at Hotel Bergkristall and Sport Hotel Cresta as more moderately priced options. We've been told the hotel Omesberg is very good but looking at the map it seems the location might be a bit inconvenient to get to lifts and the central part of Lech. Hotel Garni Sursilva (I know, breakfast only) seems to get very good reviews and is considerably less expensive and the location looks like it would be convenient to lifts and Lech central. Hotel Alpin Vital looks also looks to be centrally located. Probably leaning toward one of the Oberlech options and we're not locked into only these properties. Would very much appreciate any reviews of the lodging and dining experiences at these hotels or any other recomendations. Thanks very much.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@RISkier, I stayed in Lech on a work trip last December, staying in Chalet-Hotel Elisabeth, but also visited other similar properties in the village. If this style of accommodation might be interesting, drop me a PM. Alternatively, we did have dinner in the Tannenberg hotel one evening - the food was excellent, as was the service, and the hotel (the areas we saw) was lovely. Very good location too, right in the centre of Lech between two lifts.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Despite my name I normally stay at the Sporthotel Lorünser in Zürs as it is simply superb.
If I had to stay in Lech I would prefer to be in Oberlech as it is on a nice plateau & sun trap.
Virtually all the Hotels are very good. For location try Hotel Sonnenburg or Hotel & Chalet Montana, they will only cost about $2500 pp half board for an off peak week & you will dine well.
..or... Burg Hotel or Vital, Burg Hotel, Hotel Goldener Berg, Hotel Bergkristall etc. You probably need to book directly with them.
Have a great trip, I will probably be propping up the bar at Hotel Petersboden at lunch times, come & join me. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:
they will only cost about $2500 pp half board for an off peak week
Off peak? Gulp Shocked Shocked Shocked. Must be nice Lechbob - how the other half live Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@mountainaddict, you do get quality. It cost me a similar figure in Miami last week for mediocre hotel. @RISkier, did ask for a mid-level hotel .Someone from Rhode Island will be used such prices.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I like pfefferkorns.net hotel (4 star) but haven't price checked against the other hotels named.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@RISkier, Cresta is awesome, never stayed there but we always stop there for lunch if passing. Also wellness looks fantastic.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Golly, $5K for one week, for a couple! I can run my French apartment for a year for less than that. And for $1500 I just spent 8 days, full board (with excellent food, wine with the evening meal and endless cups of teas, fruit and snacks) on a luxury yacht (Oyster 55) in the Lofoten Islands.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I like the Hotel Angela in Lech which is ski in/out, also the Madlockblick just below the Angela.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Don't think we want self catering. We'll not have a car and as I recall (it's been quite a long time) the market is pretty limited. Seems like an abundance of good choices. @Markymark29, Cresta looks pretty attractive to me and I like the idea of staying in Oberlech. @Lechbob, we have not real interest in staying in Zuers; hotels look great but there just doesn't seem to be anything outside the hotels. My wife and I certainly are not late night party folks, but we do like to stroll around. I'll take a look at the other hotels recommended. So many choices. Really looking forward to going back to Lech. Thanks much.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
My wife and I are very fond of the Hotel Fernsicht - comfortable rooms, great food and excellent staff/service. Only Marion (the owner) really speaks English but she's very helpful. In the morning you come out of the ski room, pit you skis on and ski down to the (slow) chair that takes you up to the top of Oberlech. Or it's a 5minute walk along to the cable car for the White ring to Zurs.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@RISkier, Cresta is where I'd be staying if I had the money to stay in Oberlech!.....forgot to mention, it is perfect ski in/ ski out.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We stayed at the Auenhof this year and the whole experience was faultless. It's 4 star and I can't think what you would have to do to make it 5 star
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@RISkier, Each to his own.
@Markymark29's, suggestion is a good one & the Cresta does a good package deal with accommodation meals & lift pass. They will need to use the cable car for their evening foray in Lech, no problem it runs till after midnight in winter.
@dsoutar, I think the star rating system is a box ticking of criteria with 270 elements, some of the things may not be important to you. I have stayed at 5 star hotels which were impersonal with surly staff. I think most of the hotels in Lech will look after you very well.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@dsoutar, the main reason they don't have 5* is because you have to have a 24 hour reception/night porter & room service for that and they rightly know that it is not really worth it. They have a 4-Star Superior grading in Austria which means they have ticked all the other boxes but don't care to have that one ticked! Toofy Grin
latest report
If you like a stroll, staying in Lech might be better than Oberlech.
Omesberg indeed is a bit far from the lifts.
Check the Hotel-Garni Schranz. Ski-in/out, a bit above the village. Breakfast only, with two local-style dinner nights. Brand new lounge, terrace, suites and wellness.
If you're lucky....95% steady guests NehNeh
snow conditions
@RISkier, As a matter of interest I recall that you previously had a thread where you were asking for information about a possible visit to the Zillertal in 2014. Did you eventually go there, and if so did you like it?
latest report
@mountainaddict, @pam w,

We regularly spend between £8K-£9k for a weeks skiing...............................................................between 12 of us NehNeh
latest report
@Alastair Pink, We didn't make it. An in law had significant health problems and we decided we couldn't plan a trip. Thanks for asking. We were in Lech about 12 years ago and loved it. Have wanted to return.
snow conditions
In Oberlech, the Montana is ski in/ out and is connected by the underground tunnel. The food is great and the hospitality. My personal favourite (and cheaper) is the Hotel Salome. Excellent food and lovely, lovely family. It is, however, set above Oberlech and not connected by the tunnel. It is ski in / ski out. You can take a postbus down to the village. It is also excellent value by Lech standards. In Lech itself I can recommend the Arlberg and Gasthof Post. I have heard rave reviews about The Hotel Alpin. BTW we are two middle aged duffers that sometimes travel with our son and daughter-in-law. We'd like it quiet in the evening!
ski holidays
Slight thread hijack, anyone care to recommend some reasonably priced self catering apartments in Lech?

Sorry OP, didn't want to start a 2nd Lach ACC thread
snow report
@Piemonster, no recommendations but the tourist office site offers http://www.lechamarlberg.com/?ac=Category_ec3c8e0c-961c-4cfd-900e-1f2875acce63 - might be worth a look Very Happy
snow conditions
@Montana

Ta for that. Mute point in the end, off to Les Arcs instead.

From what I'm seeing of the Arlberg area, me still being a relative ski newby I think it'll sit better once I'm off the groomers.
ski holidays
@Piemonster, only just came across this thread ... about 10 years ago we stayed in Hotel Bergheim apartments which were very nice but a little way out at the bottom of the ski route from Zurs. Apparently still there and good value.
snow report
No one seems to have mentioned the Romantic Krone Hotel? Right in the centre, across the river from the main access lifts, best apres ski in town. Live music Monday & Thursday night. Excellent wellness centre, own ski equipment shop.
snow conditions
We're using Haus Bichel this winter for my first visit to Lech. Its on the main road, but affordable. Hope the traffic isn't too bad.... :-$
Anybody else have any views on the location?!
ski holidays
Haus Bichel is right beside the Sghlegelkopf lift. Old and slow but it does mean the Haus is virtually ski in- ski out. Traffic is not a huge problem in Lech though it is a working village not just a ski resort. The haus is literally no more than 3-4 minutes walk to the very centre.
snow conditions
It is Bickel, not Bichel.
And it is not beside the Schlegelkopfbahn (that's the central quad-chairlift).
Haus Bickel is next to the old 2-pers Schlosskopfbahn, where piste nr. 62 and the routes from Rüfikopf end.
Traffic should indeed not be a big problem. Some skibusses to/from Stubenbach and Oberlech. Throughroad to Warth is closed in winter.
Daytourists heading for the parking near the Schlosskopfbahn do not pass by Haus Bickel.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy