Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2015/2016 ( May 4th 20cm Snow overnight)

Poster: A snowHead
@stanton, I'm sure you are correct, but I didn't see anything on the SkiArlberg site about extending to a season pass, only up to 21 days.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Had a nice ski in Montafon last week. Snow good higher up but poor or closed to the valleys at 650-1000m. The area has 85%+ of slopes above about 1500m so is actually a good bet for warmer weather if you accept the lower resort bases may get rain.

First day ever in St Anton today. Again good snow higher up and ok lower down as a little higher bases 1200m+. Not a lot closed, a black into St Anton and maybe a few other small bits. Weather was nice until about 2.30-3.00pm when it was flat light so difficult to pick up the bumps. Not too busy either only significant wait was for the cable-car. Got my skis hit hard twice once while moving towards the lift gates and then on the final run back to Stuben, no apology from either person! Also had an Austrian lady who got swept up early as we started on a chair lift and then refused to take off her leg from the bar so couldn't get off. Lifty let us off as the chair turned to go back down. Didn't consider run grading necessarily harder than some other resorts. Ski routes also no harder than those in Montafon (those I skied).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nice powder on ski route 16 (v badly skied by me) but good fun joining 33 after the long traverse. Ski route 15 pisted into an easy red run.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
This week we will have Clouds & Snow Dust nothing significant Freeze level between 700-1100M so we will be OK Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SKI HIRE AND FOOD IN LECH? Hello, Almighty Gods of the Arlberg. I'm going back to Lech after 3 years this Saturday (can't wait... best landscapes I've ever seen and some amazing skiing) and I'm wondering where we may hire skis at reasonable prices. The last time I was there, I was able to find cheap options for just about everything, but ski hire seemed tricky... Any tips?

Also, is there any place on the slopes where we may eat authentic and reasonably priced food instead of €30 entrecots and the like? Wink This was another weak spot the last time...

Thanks a lot, counting the days!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@nobrainbcn,

Hotel Salome in Oberlech has the best (good priced ) self service food in the whole of the Arlberg. They do not sell french fries just traditional good quality wholesome food.

http://www.hotel-salome.at/en/hotel-salome/restaurant-self-service-restaurant.aspx
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks a lot! I'm reposting in the Resort Review forum, sorry for the partial OT Smile

stanton wrote:
@nobrainbcn,

Hotel Salome in Oberlech has the best (good priced ) self service food in the whole of the Arlberg. They do not sell french fries just traditional good quality wholesome food.

http://www.hotel-salome.at/en/hotel-salome/restaurant-self-service-restaurant.aspx
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

sorry for the partial OT

pff, it's kind of what the thread is all about, I wouldn't worry about it Smile

You can spend far too much in Lech, we got really stung at a BBQ at the Rud Alpe once (nice place just below Oberlech). The Rud Alpe isn't particularly cheap but it's not extortionate, except for their BBQ special when we managed to spend vast amounts on admittedly very nice burgers.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@sah, Love the Rud Alpe, their venison spaetzle is still talked about in hushed tones round my way. I like their egalitarian approach, we had a good lunch & decent bottle for €30 ph, but next table was a bunch of german industrialists giving it the foie gras & champers treatment.

Compared to the rubbish served up to us at the Sennhütte in January it was a positive bargain.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dr John wrote:
@sah, Love the Rud Alpe, their venison spaetzle is still talked about in hushed tones round my way. I like their egalitarian approach, we had a good lunch & decent bottle for €30 ph, but next table was a bunch of german industrialists giving it the foie gras & champers treatment.

Compared to the rubbish served up to us at the Sennhütte in January it was a positive bargain.

Yes, for traditional food I've found it to be very good and fairly priced. I forget what we paid for the BBQ, but it was over €100 for 4 burgers + 1 round of drinks (not even beers!). Must have been some special beef!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The main Lech cash-cow is fondue.
Cheese fondue starts at approx 35 euro p.p. Meat at 45 euro going up to 65 euro p.p.

We love Lech, but that's simply outrageous for such a simple, extremely easy to prepare dish. But apparently enough who are very willing to pay, it's everywhere.

4 Burgers + drinks at 100 euro sounds very normal for Lech. And not that bad in general either, assuming it was not just a burger without frites & salad. Comes to 20 euro per meal...sounds fair to me.
But we are finding the Rud-alpe too massive.
Much more pleasant are e.g. Cresta and Formarin
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Langerzug wrote:
The main Lech cash-cow is fondue.
Cheese fondue starts at approx 35 euro p.p. Meat at 45 euro going up to 65 euro p.p.

We love Lech, but that's simply outrageous for such a simple, extremely easy to prepare dish. But apparently enough who are very willing to pay, it's everywhere.

I wouldn't eat a cheese fondue if it was free. Confused

While we're on the topic, are there any good lunch spots over in Zuers?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Langerzug wrote:

4 Burgers + drinks at 100 euro sounds very normal for Lech. And not that bad in general either, assuming it was not just a burger without frites & salad. Comes to 20 euro per meal...sounds fair to me.
But we are finding the Rud-alpe too massive.
Much more pleasant are e.g. Cresta and Formarin

No, it was just a burger, no fries, no salads. Drinks were cokes etc, so about €3.50 each, and the bill was over €100, so I think we paid about €25 just for a burger. Sounds pretty far from fair to me when you compare it the the normal menu there. More fool us for not checking, but since we'd eaten there before we thought it would be more like 10 - 15 for a simple burger (should be less, but it is Lech...).
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@sah, Laughing Laughing Its always megabucks in Lech, Cresta is just about do-able but that's a treat not the norm for us.... never found anywhere else I'd stop at in Lech and Zuers and get my leg lifted!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Markymark29, when I was an actual ski bum instead of an internet trolling online ski bum I would not have dreamed of eating in Lech or Zuers (unless someone else was paying Happy ). Actually the same was true in St Anton, eating in mountain restaurants was for the punters and people who didn't have duct tape where their ski gloves used to be. These days I do like a nice lunch though Happy

Not sure if I've tried the Cresta, will certainly look out for it if the need arises. Is it in Oberlech?

You back out there soon? I'm pondering a weekend raid just before Easter...
latest report
@sah, one of the best things about ski instructing in St Anton was half price emails at the Mooserwirt even when not working (free if you bought a group). Something like €4 for a huge bowl of goulash and a coke.
latest report
@sah, Yep Cresta is in Oberlech, last hotel on right as your drop through....Warth 20-27.2.16, St A 27.2-6.3.16, and St A Thurs-Mon Easter weekend. Be good to see you if those dates work?
snow report
Markymark29 wrote:
@sah, Yep Cresta is in Oberlech, last hotel on right as your drop through....Warth 20-27.2.16, St A 27.2-6.3.16, and St A Thurs-Mon Easter weekend. Be good to see you if those dates work?

Ha ha, as ever, just missing you Smile Possibly there w/e before Easter.
snow conditions
sah wrote:
@Markymark29, when I was an actual ski bum instead of an internet trolling online ski bum I would not have dreamed of eating in Lech or Zuers

You obviously did not learn enough tricks of the trade if you had you ould be eating in Lech& Zurs 6 days a week wink
snow conditions
clarky999 wrote:
@sah, one of the best things about ski instructing in St Anton was half price emails at the Mooserwirt even when not working (free if you bought a group). Something like €4 for a huge bowl of goulash and a coke.

Eveb if your not a Ski Instructor you can order 1/2 Portions at reduced prices, they do not advertise that for obvious reasons but entirely possible Happy As a Skibum for Free helps to know the staff Happy
ski holidays
Quote:

You obviously did not learn enough tricks of the trade

Well, the first German phrase I learned was "Ich bin ein Reiseleiter mit meinen Klienten...".

So yes, I did eat out when with the guests, but it's not something I could ever afford to do when off duty Smile
snow report
snow report
Here is the rough outline of where the Duplex Gondola Complex will be at Alpe Rauz

ski holidays
Sitter wrote:
@Windskisurf, "only pay the difference" makes it sound like it's not that much! Where you working?
working in the powder, do you have a job for me? 377 for 10 days then if extend to season another 420, yes it's NOT not that much but what choice do you have.
ski holidays
First day Sunday first got schindler chair and traversed across left side under schindler chair to the face, it was ok but had been skied out, then over to stuben and albona, some groups were hiking to the cross.

And some over front face from the albona restaurant

I opted to go down the piste a bit then cut across left to the face from albona to stuben and found some nice freshy stuff above the pylons, was going to cut right back to piste but met up with couple of others and we made the route down to stuben just left of middle pylon.

So the last couple of days three of us have found some great routes.

Monday skied Lech-Zurs found some great pow on backside route from Zurs down to Zug ending in tree route to Zug.

Then Tuesday skied Rendl all day, morning was really great we found sun between the clouds

and found some fresh pow under riffel 2 chair,

Our tracks were soon followed, little bit rocky in other places

Had to wait and be patient at times for the swirling clouds to catch a break of clear visibility to enjoy the pow. From midday visibility got really poor so lunch then end of day more good stuff far left route of Rendl past avi barriers and into trees back to route to Rendl base.
latest report
Couple of guys I met are planning to do the Malfontal tour tomorrow morning - this one http://www.outdooractive.com/mobile/de/ski-freeride/st-anton-am-arlberg/st-anton-rendlspitze-malfon/3033769/

Does anyone local have any knowledge of what current conditions are like for it?
I saw a lone skier go off back of Riffel 2 top chair at about 4pm today and traverse across...

This morning was some good snow on schindler face side of the mountain when cloud cleared mid morning.
latest report
@Windskisurf

You need to vheck the Tirol Avi bulletin & thr Local Bulletin tomorrow at 07:00

This is todays.
https://lawine.tirol.gv.at/en/home/bulletin/

Avalanches can happen anytime and do
In the Malfontal.

Unless those people are going with a guide or
Are at least very experienced & equipped i would not go/join them.

Not sure what run out is like right now in Pettneu maybe a bit of a walk.
snow report
Thanks everyone for the eating tips! Can't wait to try that 35€ fondue... Not ;>
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
nobrainbcn wrote:
Thanks everyone for the eating tips! Can't wait to try that 35€ fondue... Not ;>

Let us know what you find, always good to get new ideas / tips etc Happy
snow conditions
Flexenbahn

Start of Massive Lift Project This Summer

Run of Fame

snow conditions
All The Info

http://www.flexenbahn.ski/
snow conditions
Architect Impressions of all Gondola Stations

https://www.facebook.com/seilbahn.net/photos/pcb.967292423351049/967291996684425/?type=3&theater

Animations for download on here

http://www.flexenbahn.ski/partnertool.html
ski holidays
Good news, now let's hope Kappl link gets stopped in its tracks.....
ski holidays
Any idea how much more we'll have to pay for our lift tickets next season to pay for all this?
snow report
sah wrote:
Any idea how much more we'll have to pay for our lift tickets next season to pay for all this?

Guarantee prices will go up but they do every season!

A Few Bus drivers will lose their jobs or transfrered. Quite a few more lifties will have to be hired.

I believe there will be a new Cafe/Restaurant/ski Shop at Alpe Rauz.
ski holidays
Markymark29 wrote:
Good news, now let's hope Kappl link gets stopped in its tracks.....

Me to but unfortunatley that is going ahead as well Sad

I really hope they bring back cheaper area lift passes that are only valid for St Anton, if you want to go to Lech or whatever you just pay extra.
latest report

http://youtube.com/v/_etfRW03D8o

http://youtube.com/v/RyQou4MJfDA
snow report
Quote:

I really hope they bring back cheaper area lift passes that are only valid for St Anton, if you want to go to Lech or whatever you just pay extra.

Yes! At least for a day pass, but ideally for longer too.
snow report

http://youtube.com/v/UppGFQv3EUw
snow conditions
Jeebus! Shocked How long before they interconnect all of Austria?!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy