Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2015/2016 ( May 4th 20cm Snow overnight)

Poster: A snowHead
@Sitter,

Last season it was Green tto KK Tapps right upto Xmas. Only way to get thwre was hike rom KaminStube
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Sitter, No panic mate, its on its way! wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
New Ubungshangbahn

snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@stanton, looks groovy. Does it go any higher than the old 2 chair?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Dr John, Same trajectory as old lift. This is a Major Upgrade in readyness for the Trittkopf -Rauz Gondola Transit link.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 8-12-15 13:17; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
https://vimeo.com/55784456
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Weather. Direct from Official Site

Early winter weather conditions will slowly settle in throughout this week. Slightly decreasing temperatures and temporary weak snowfalls are forecast for the upcoming days. On Wednesday, the snow line will slowly sink beneath a level of 1500 meters, at the weekend it will even reach regions beneath a level of 1000 meters. Significantly colder air masses will temporarily reach us. Despite these signals of early winter weather conditions, a real onset of winter accompanied by larger amounts of new snow is not expected in the near future. The high-pressure area, currently located over our regions, will continue on and result in repeated sunny spells.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@stanton, It'll be there by 23rd when we arrive, no panic.......judging by the amount of FB activity going on currently by the locals, there's plenty of nice stuff about above Gampen and Galzig level.

New lift above looks great, will speed entry from the carpark/ bus drop-off and up to Zursersee. That old lift, whilst quaint was a bit of a bottleneck, waiting for the glitterati to get their Bogner gear adjusted prior to going up for the first run when we've already been up via Schindler/ hammered it down to Rauz and caught to ski bus over to Zurs.... Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@stanton, cheers. Good website this - http://www.skiresort.info/ski-resort/st-anton-am-arlberg-st-christoph-stuben/ski-lifts/
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Update on the weather.

Speaking to the Farmers they say its to warm & their not expecting any major snow in at least the next 10 days...they are nearly always 100% correct.

There will be accumulations up high on & off.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@stanton, .....they also say there'll be a big dump just before Christmas, snow forecast looking decent for mid/ end next week with a decent snowfall forecast. Keep smiling wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Folks. Its currently raining from Gampen down to town.

Just about Snowing up on Galzig so should vegood for a few cms this afternoon/evening.

KK should reopen tomorrow for the weekend. Not sure if there doing next week for opening hours.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@stanton, Thanks for updates. Also snowing heavy and big heavy flakes in Warth, just heard from a friend over there, so presumably same up in Zurs and Lech too.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
+1°C and raining in St Anton around 10am today, snow from about halfway up to St Christoph (where it was -1) and down to Stuben (-2), and just about still snowing rather than rain in Langen.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Snow in Lech & Zurs

St Anton UlmerHutte

Temperature Prognosis

snow report
Lech am Arlberg

Want to build a €20Million (300K Cubic Metres) Snowmaking Reservoir on Mohnenfluh.

Financing is still a problem. Also Enviromentalists objecting.

http://vorarlberg.orf.at/news/stories/2746429/
snow conditions
Markymark29 wrote:
@stanton, .....they also say there'll be a big dump just before Christmas, snow forecast looking decent for mid/ end next week...

Mentioning snow-forecast in the same breath as the Sages who are the Arlberg Farmers is bordering on blasphemy Evil or Very Mad
latest report
red 27 wrote:
Markymark29 wrote:
@stanton, .....they also say there'll be a big dump just before Christmas, snow forecast looking decent for mid/ end next week...

Mentioning snow-forecast in the same breath as the Sages who are the Arlberg Farmers is bordering on blasphemy Evil or Very Mad

The Arlberg Farmers who have ZAMG on their iPhones? wink
latest report
Week Weather ahead (In German) & events

http://youtube.com/v/qj_fNeeF9jQ
ski holidays
Hi,
Just wondering is it possible to ski down to Nasserein at the moment. Due out next Thursday, our accommodation in Pettneu lets you leave skis in Alber sport. Just wondering whether to go for the one near the Galzig or not?
Also does anyone know whether there is parking near the train station? My wife is flying in on saturday and transferring by train so plan to drive in to St Anton that day and park with her skis/ boots etc.

thanks
ski holidays
Yes you can ski down to Nasserein. Marked as black 25 on the run, but in reality it isn't the black 25 shown on the piste map. Going from the top of the nassereinbahn, you ski as if you would going down blue 24 to the top station of Fangbahn, where you then follow red 24a down to the top of the Nasserein nursery slope and down to Alber.
snow report
Hi - I'm heading to St. Anton on Saturday. It's looking a bit grim from looking at the maps showing what's open/not. I haven't skied in Austria before, and wondering if people had thoughts on whether they're likely to get much more open before then (i.e. with snow cannons) and which bits I might want to concentrate on to get some decent skiing in (can ski anything on piste, mostly looking for the challenging stuff). I'm presuming off-piste is not going to happen...

Thanks!
snow conditions
@oc, The snow cannons are working and the pistes will be in decent condition, i'm out there 10 days after you and am pretty sure it'll be fine. The one thing I've sussed out over the years is not to get too down looking at forecasts, they are frequently wrong, and once it starts snowing proper it can all change in 24 hours. There's plenty to go at, I've got friends who are locals out there and they aren't too unhappy, slopes are empty and its better than last year at this time.

I'd be concentrating on the stuff up around Kapall and Galzig/Ulmerhutte/ Rauz/ Stuben.

Good luck, let us know how it goes.
ski holidays
@oc, I agree with @Markymark29, it can come good very quickly and I doubt it is as grim as you fear. If it does snow you need to be careful where you go off piste as there will be rocks - the area on the skier's right of the Rauz piste looks particularly tempting and easy to access but is a mine field. I've killed skis there skiing in December. If there is a dump I'd look at skiing Bachseit to start with as it is mainly grass and vegetation underneath. Even so, there are some rocks so take it easy. Bachseit is the area below the Tanzboden lift heading towards the Steissbachtal piste. It's north facing so will hold what ever snow it has very well.

If the pistes are limited don't forget you can ski Lech and Zuers too. Lech has good snow making, and the higher shady slopes in Zuers will be OK. I'd avoid the run down to Zug though, I doubt it's open and if it is it will be horrible until more snow arrives.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Thu 10-12-15 14:33; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Folks . for those who have not been following here through the summer. You can check the new Build of the Arlberg Taja (St Christoph) .

http://www.hwbau.at/aktuelle-baustellen/
snow report
@sah @Markymark29 thanks both - that's all really helpful. I will annotate my piste map! I'll definitely head over to Lech and Zurs to to get some more run in. Although I only just figured out from the piste map that you can't actually ski it on-piste (and the internet tells me I'll fall off a cliff and die if I attempt it alone off-piste...)

I hadn't considered it being quiet, so hopefully a chance to work on the high-speed carving on some blues without scaring families and children.
latest report
@sitter thanks will stick with Alber sport Nasserein
ski holidays
@oc, the easiest way to Lech/Zuers is to ski to Alpe Rauz and get the free bus (every 20 min or so I think). The bus can get very busy, but not at this time of year. They are building links (if you look for some of @stanton's posts he's posted a lot of info). There'll be a lift from Rauz up and over to the Zuers piste system but not until next season.

The off piste run from the Valuga to Lech won't be skiable yet, and you can't do it without a guide (they won't let you on the lift!).

If you're in to off piste there's an excellent guide book by Andy Thurner, you can get it in most of the ski shops in St Anton. Also, take a look at Franz Trimmel's website, lots of good info and maps there: http://alloffpiste.com.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well it is a Perfect Blue Sky Day to ChillAx Very Happy on the Terrace of the New Gampen Restaurant/Bar.

For anyone here. It is ""Happy Hour"" allday since 10:00 in Tapps
ski holidays
@sah thanks, bus it is then.

Just taken a look at Trimmel's website and his video has me salivating for powder now (not that I'm even any good in it). That man certainly knows how to sell himself. As you say, anything can happen with the weather I suppose...
snow report
Markymark29 wrote:
@oc, The snow cannons are working and the pistes will be in decent condition, i'm out there 10 days after you and am pretty sure it'll be fine. The one thing I've sussed out over the years is not to get too down looking at forecasts, they are frequently wrong, and once it starts snowing proper it can all change in 24 hours. There's plenty to go at, I've got friends who are locals out there and they aren't too unhappy, slopes are empty and its better than last year at this time.

I'd be concentrating on the stuff up around Kapall and Galzig/Ulmerhutte/ Rauz/ Stuben.

Good luck, let us know how it goes.

Kapall's closed, as is a lot of Stuben (only Albona I open) at the moment. Snow cannons are going full whack so hopefully get more open soon.

Skiing is much better round in Lech/Zürs, you have to bus from Zürs to Lech, but the blue run down from Rufikopf towards Zürs is open, although marked as a ski route. Some nice bits of easy off piste around the Seekopf side of Zürs, saw quite a few people getting some powder turns in.
ski holidays
@sah, you can't even get on Valluga I yet, never mind attempt Valluga II and off the back. Happy Valley is also "closed", although plenty of people going down it rather than facing the traverse to Tanzboden/Kandahar. Very icy tho.
snow conditions
Sitter wrote:
@sah, you can't even get on Valluga I yet, never mind attempt Valluga II and off the back. Happy Valley is also "closed", although plenty of people going down it rather than facing the traverse to Tanzboden/Kandahar. Very icy tho.

Is bachseit skiable?
snow conditions
sah wrote:
Sitter wrote:

Is bachseit skiable?

It was, you just had to choose your line carefully. Probably pretty much tracked out by now I'd imagine (not been down it, drove to Lech/Zürs today as had various other things to do).
snow report
sah wrote:

The off piste run from the Valuga to Lech won't be skiable yet, and you can't do it without a guide (they won't let you on the lift!).

You can ski it without a guide, you just have a long and steep boot pack up to the top! I think BobinCH did it a season or 2 ago...
latest report
@kitenski, whether it would be wise to do so this early in the season is another question... (BobinCH did it much later).
snow report
@nozawaonsen, indeed!
latest report
Quote:

You can ski it without a guide, you just have a long and steep boot pack up to the top! I think BobinCH did it a season or 2 ago...

True but not yet, too many sharks about on the top section for current conditions I'd suggest. You don't want to fall on the north face, I'd never do it without a guide, having done it 2-3 years ago I think it'd be foolish unless someone had done it previously and knew the lines. Not only very exposed and above huge cliffs but also major Avalanche risk, many killed on here, including experienced locals.
snow conditions
@Sitter, Kapall will very likely be opening at the weekend so that's why I suggested it, same Albona 2.....usually best early snow up on Kapall and bearing in mind it's grassy usually best option for early off piste. BUT keep right above the hut @oc, don't be tempted and go down Schoengraben, go back to the bottom of the Tbar
latest report
Markymark29 wrote:
@Sitter, Kapall will very likely be opening at the weekend so that's why I suggested it, same Albona 2.....usually best early snow up on Kapall and bearing in mind it's grassy usually best option for early off piste. BUT keep right above the hut @oc, don't be tempted and go down Schoengraben, go back to the bottom of the Tbar

Unless yesterday's snow has left a lot up on Kapall, I suspect it'll be piste only, looking up from Gampen the other day, you could see more grass than snow...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy