Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2015/2016 ( May 4th 20cm Snow overnight)

Poster: A snowHead
@sah, THANKS. I will check those sources out.

@Markymark29, I look at those cams every day on Bergfex. Very Happy The roofs are a nice indicator, especially Hotel Goldener Berg.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Markymark29, Kim Wilde is often in S t Anton as far back the 80's. She has even had a sing a long with the musicians in the UG
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@stanton, yep I've seen and spoken to her back late 90's when she was in the old UG bar, nice person.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@stanton, @Markymark29, never met her but I remember her signed photo hanging on the wall in bar stanton Smile

Any ideas yet which lifts will open when? I assume Rendl won't open until Xmas as usual.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Folks

Love it of Hate it...

Monday Nov 30th 2015

The Greenlight has been given (after many years of enviromental objection) for the go ahead for the lift connection from Rendl to Kappl.

http://tirol.orf.at/news/stories/2745233/

http://wirtschaftszeit.at/gastronomie-tourismus-detail/article/liftverbindung-st-anton-kappl-genehmigt.html
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Worlds Greatest Ski Area a Reality ?

Samnaun in Switzerland Ischgl, Kappl, St. Anton to Lech, Zürs and Warth.

latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Design for Rauz,Stuben base Gondola Lift Complex

http://www.riemelmoser.at/talstation-rauz-stuben-am-arlberg.html
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stanton wrote:

OOF!

As you say, love it or hate it... But that WILL make the best ski area on the planet, without a shadow of a doubt!

I guess at some stage they'd probably find a way to link Sonnenkopf (and from there it's not far to Montafon's Silbertal lifts)in too...
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
How long before the whole of Austrian Skidom is interconnected? That's a whole heck of a lot of lifts and oodles of KM's of pistes!!!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@stanton, there was no ski/lift link between Kappl and Ischgl last time I was there - have they built one yet?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@clarky999, when I've idly day dreamed about this "eine Verbindung zwischen Kappl und Ischgl" has always seemed like the tricky engineering part.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@nozawaonsen, yeah definitely if you're looking for a 'lift linked' area, but a bus would do the job just fine really - the big deal for me would be having all that terrain on one lift pass!

And @red 27, no there isn't wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
1.connection Kappl-Ischgl is sheer nonsense.
2.Kappl-Rendl: no groomed pistes are planned, only ski-routes.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
red 27 wrote:
@stanton, there was no ski/lift link between Kappl and Ischgl last time I was there - have they built one yet?

No more new lifts are allowed to be built in Tirol unless plans were previously submitted before the ban & kept renewed . Only renewel of old lifts or new lifts in old lines.

I believe there are secret applications. Some systems can be just transport systems like village links via a light railway rapid , metro or Gondola.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@nozawaonsen, there was once talk about buildind a railway station in Ischgl & boring a tunnel from St Anton .
snow conditions
Kappl/ St Anton link is a sad decision......the wilderness that is Malfontal would ideally stay that way for me.@Langerzug, Those ski routes will become just like the Zurs/ Zug run, piste in all but name.

More concerning is the lift access it'll give to the powder rather than hiking it'll be so readily accessible. Also great to see the wildlife over there when in Malfontal, that will become less visible. A great place in summer also for hiking and mountain-biking. I had hoped this wouldn't get approval.
snow report
A new signal has been given for the combination/connection of ski areas in the Tirol if it benefits survival, industry, local employment, tourism.

http://www.meinbezirk.at/landeck/politik/gruenes-licht-fuer-skiverbindung-stanton-kappl-d1567555.html
latest report
stanton wrote:
A new signal has been given for the combination/connection of ski areas in the Tirol if it benefits survival, industry, local employment, tourism.

http://www.meinbezirk.at/landeck/politik/gruenes-licht-fuer-skiverbindung-stanton-kappl-d1567555.html

Looking forward to when IBK skiers have to bitch slap the Axamer Lizum lift company idea again when they inevitably bring back the idea of building a lift over the Kalkkögel rolling eyes
snow conditions
It was a 258 page report but already on Page 2 the desicsion says "Bewilligung erteilt" (Authorisation Granted)

There is a possibility of a further appeal at the Federal Courts in Vienna which the activists have 4 weeks to submit , I doubt this will happen now as it could cost them a fortune.

http://www.tt.com/wirtschaft/standorttirol/10834097-91/beschwerden-zu-liftehe-erwartet.csp
latest report
stanton wrote:
@nozawaonsen, there was once talk about buildind a railway station in Ischgl & boring a tunnel from St Anton .

Hunting Toldi's bloody gold in the caves of Schann and Pettneu...
snow conditions
Very Mild next week

Ok Folks here we go again.

We are going to see unseasonably mild temps through next week raeching +10C at 2400M. Hardly getting below freezing at night at 3000M.

Those temps we will see some meltdown.

Still much better than last season

Very Happy

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Thu 3-12-15 17:15; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Some of the pistes look like they will be a lot narrower than normal tomorrow lower down. Spotted the piste markers out down from Fangbahn towards Nasserein, at a guess about 5m wide or so as you head down by the Nasserein tellerlift.
snow report
AKTUELLE INFOS AUS DEM SKIGEBIET (Actual Ski Region Information)

Die SkiSaison 2015/16

startet morgen, Freitag,04. Dezember 2015

voraussichtlich mit folgenden Bahnen und Liften: (Following Lifts open)

St. Anton/St. Christoph/Stuben:

Galzigbahn, Osthangbahn, St. Christophbahn, Tanzbödenbahn,
Schindlergratbahn, Übungslift St. Christoph, Zammermoosbahn, Mattunbahn,
Gampenbahn, Gampenlifte, Nassereinbahn (als Zubringer), Albonabahn I, Angerlift, Rauzlift,
Valfagehrbahn;

Rendl is NOT Open. Kappalbahn NOT Open.

Lech/Oberlech/Zürs:

Schlegelkopfbahn, Bergbahn Oberlech (als Zubringer), Schlosskopfbahn (9:00 h –13:00 h
als Zubringer), Kriegerhornbahn, Zugerbergbahn (9:00 –13:00 h als Zubringer),
Petersbodenbahn, Übungslift Oberlech, Hasensprungbahn, Rotschrofenbahn,
Weibermahdbahn, Auenfeldjet, Flühenlift, Rüfikopfbahn, Trittalpbahn, Hexenbodenbahn,
Übungshangbahn, Babylift Zürs, Zürserseebahn, Seekopfbahn;

Warth/Schröcken:

Alle Bahnen und Lifte. (All Open)

Sonnenkopf:

Kein Betrieb. (Closed)
ski holidays
Sitter wrote:
Some of the pistes look like they will be a lot narrower than normal tomorrow lower down. Spotted the piste markers out down from Fangbahn towards Nasserein, at a guess about 5m wide or so as you head down by the Nasserein tellerlift.

That is 5m wider than last season Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report

http://youtube.com/v/k85kJ3j3RJI
ski holidays
Folks here is a visual of the connections.

Verbinding Ski Arlberg - Kappl - Silvretta Arena from wintersport.nl
https://vimeo.com/147732741
snow conditions
Opening Day & its Blue Skyday!

Inverse temperature. Below freezing in the valley & the snowcannons are on below 2000m.

Around O-+1c up on Gampen..
ski holidays
Snow cannons weren't on in the valley for long (didn't notice). Still finishing work going on at the new Gampen restaurant, but it was open. Didn't go in but looks nice from the outside.

May not have been much open, and piste widths much reduced from normal, but it was nice up there. Longest queue was for the lift pass!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
does anyone know a pension/hotel/apartment in St.Anton that 3 of us can stay in 3rd week of Jan for 4 days? We are struggling to find any short stay accomodation at the moment. We've been to the tourist office but their suggestions are saying they are full at the moment
snow report
@Sitter, Don't be using it all up - looking good back end of next week big dump forecast, I believe. wink
snow conditions
35 cm base never looked so deep! Nothing like ski resorts on pasture land! Very Happy
snow conditions
@nickhill, I think you'll find it rather difficult to get a room for less then a full week. you can always try in a village further afield or pay for a full week
snow conditions
@nickhill, try hotel Kristall
snow conditions
@nickhill, T/I website is www.arlberg.com, search accom and you'll see options from there. Fire off a few emails direct to the hotels/ pensions (in German) and you'll quickly get answers, in English you'll not get such favourable response in my experience. It's a quiet week so you may well get lucky but normally they hold off until week before and look to fill Sat/ Sat or Sun/Sun, and then if vacancies exist you may well get lucky at the last minute. You'd get a room in resort if you just turn up, either that or stay just outside and you'd definitely get one then, town tends to be busier than outlying villages but all are connected by free ski bus so it doesn't make much difference.
latest report
Or look to stay in Stuben or Warth???
snow conditions
@kitenski, Sssshh! Warth definitely 7 day only!! wink Shocked
snow report
Agree with Markymark29, if you get no response then don't worry just turn up at the tourist office when you arrive and they'll find something, don't worry if it's a little out of town as the ski buses are excellent however going back late at night would be a taxi albeit the ski buses run late but infrequent. We have been doing a similar thing there for years but unless you are arriving Saturday/Sunday and staying for 7 days the smaller/cheaper hoteliers tend not to commit to short lets too early as it's lost revenue for them.
snow conditions
Perfect BlueSky Sunscreen Day.

Warm +2C on Galzig 09.00.
snow report
@stanton, what's the word locally when winter is due and the big dump?
ski holidays
It's like spring skiing up there today with some hard packed/icy spots in the shade. Now opening weekend is out the way, the pistes are a lot quieter Very Happy Still working on the Gampen restaurant, the workers driving up via the rodelbahn. Snow is on the horizon going by weather forcasts, and it is needed, along with lower temperatures, to get more open. Amusing looking up "Red 21" from down by Mooserwirt, green as far down as the road to Taps/KK, then a pistebasher width of snow sticking up from the grass down to the blue home...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy