Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A story of good service. Les Houches ski Hire.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I had a friend staying and he hired some skis from the 333 shop near the Belle Vue cable car. Got fixed up by a pleasant youngish man I assumed to be the owner. I suggested he take the additional 2 euro a day insurance but the shop keeper suggested it was probably not needed if my friend had his own insurance.

First day out and in the afternoon, following a fall, one of the skis virtually snapped in two only being held together by the base. After a long slow ski down in a snowplough we returned to the shop.

After reading stories on here of people being charged extortionate amounts for lost and broken skis, and a less than positive conversation with his insurance, "send the bill and we will consider it". I feared the worst. The skis had a list price of nearly £600, although there seemed to a few around in the sales.

Well after a quick call to Rossignol the skis were swapped no charge.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@jbob, how it should be really, non?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@under a new name, agreed but seems to be the exception. Coincidently, I also had good service this week from Vieux Campier. Having bought some skis from them they very annoyingly mounted the bindings 5cm forward of the mid sole line. I took them back and again having read people on SH having similar problems and having some issues sorting it out was expecting the worst. What I did get was an apology and an instant replacement with a new set of skis.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@jbob, you ae on your lucky week Happy - wx excepted!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jbob wrote:
Well after a quick call to Rossignol the skis were swapped no charge.

jbob, more out of interest than anything, can you remember which model they were?

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Fri 27-03-15 9:12; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jbob, Always good to hear about the positive experiences, thanks. We should ski together while you're on this lucky streak wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@twodogs, Rosignol Experence 84. I wouldn't like to say that the ski was faulty, I did have a good look at it to prepare for an argument but couldn't see any obvious defects.

@Zero_G, that would be nice, I've got a visitor at the moment who is a low intermediate but should be able to get away for a day or two.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jbob, mini powder day Monday, perhaps? Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jbob, thanks for the confirmation. I rented a pair earlier this year in a 178, which were brand new. I thoroughly enjoyed them and was tempted to buy at the end of the week but held back because I fancied trying the longer 186 and also a few other options. I'm a hefty unit and they didn't feel flimsy at all. So, hopefully an isolated incident and, most importantly, your pal was unscathed.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Only ever had one ski snap in half in 27 years - and that was also a Rossignol (Bandit). It happened as a French shop was running the base over the grinder during a service (!).

Rossi replaced only the one ski as they said that's all they had left of that model.. Confused
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Zero_G, my visitor is having a lesson at Le Tour Monday morning. I have to drop him off at 9!! So I will be there in the blizzard. Tuesday should be a big day too Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy