Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easter in Morillon 1100

Poster: A snowHead
Heading to Morillon on the 2nd of april, I have never skiid this late in the season so am a bit apprehensive about conditions. Will be driving from Calais and am looking forward to the road trip but just hope its not a wasted journey. Any Snowheads out there wanna reassure me please Confused
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@dozey69, welcome to SnowHeads snowHead - I expect someone with current info will be along but, should things not be too good in Morillon, there's always Flaine which is showing good snow at the moment (and you'll have a car). You could even drive over to Morzine for Avoriaz, if necessary. Point I'm making is, if you're happy to move about a bit, should it be the case that Morillon is suffering, it won't be a wasted journey. Have a great time Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tried to find accommodation in flaine but hard to find at a reasonable price so that's why I chose Morillon. I guess the higher you go the more expensive it gets. Thanks for advice, I'm sure above the village will be fine, we're just looking for nice easy cruisers for a week. This is an 18th birthday prezzie for my son n don't wanna disappoint Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@dozey69, I think you'll be fine. Even if things are a bit thin in Morillon, they will be fine in Flaine, so you'll just need to nip over. Morillon to Flaine by car is a longish way, but on skis it is much easier via Lanche lift.

There is PLENTY of snow in Flaine at the moment for easy cruisers, and more forecast for this week. Depending on how the weather emerges, there may be more snow at Morillon, but even if there isn't I'm sure it won't disappoint.

Happy Birthday to your son. Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I was skiing morillon this morning and there's still plenty of snow. It really could do with the temperature falling as its getting quite soft lower down by mid afternoon and the red run home from 1100 to the village is starting to get a little bare/narrow in places but there will be plenty of snow when you get there next week. My advice would be have a large breakfast then ski until 2 or 3 and have a late lunch because the best skiing is to be had between 11am-2pm.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanx sj & sma, always good to get someone else's ideas especially if they're on the ground so to speak. Large brekkie sounds good to me although skiing with 2 teenagers prob means a bowl of cheerios " other cereals are available" and out for the first lift. Leaving on the 7.a.m chunnel n hope to be there by 5pm ish in time to collect all our gear. Lift passes have already arrived in blighty so 1 less thing to worry about. Car serviced n will be a bit cramped as no roof box but I'm all right in the cockpit, even bought one of those toll booth transponder thingies so no queueing or stretching over the sleeping missus n losing coins down her cleavage Shocked Counting down the days now Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
lol..dozey69..........i wouldn t have bothered with the toll booth doofer!!!!! hahahah
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Good point stefoy4me, with the exchange rate being so strong I can afford to lose a centime or 2. I'll remove toll booth thingumajig from my windscreen forthwith Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@dozey69, make sure you take the toll booth thingumajig with you, though, as if the roads are busy you are effectively buying the right to queue jump by going down the '30' lane that never has a queue.

Reckon your 5pm arrival time is pretty much spot on, provided there isn't too much traffic, it doesn't rain (which reduces the speed limit) and you don't do luuuunch French-style!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@sj1608, Yeh I've seen those queues whilst heading to the south of france in the summer and wished I was one of those lucky few who looked across at us smugly as they waft by without stopping. Not planning on stopping at all if I had my way, it would be a sarnie on the hoof but may stop if my passengers are really desperate for the loo. Should of got the missus one of those "She Pee" funnel things Very Happy Got another question I hope someone can answer, is there any free safe parking at Morillon 1100 ? We are staying at the Eden Appartments.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If you haven't used one of the toll booth things before, unless it's one of the drive through at 30 (KPH not MPH!) lanes then it's worth noting that you do need to pull really close to the barrier before it beeps and lets you through.

BTW I'm back in GM on Thursday for a couple of days before heading off to St Anton for Easter so I'll try and post an update on conditions for you.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If you haven't used one of the toll booth things before, unless it's one of the drive through at 30 (KPH not MPH!) lanes then it's worth noting that you do need to pull really close to the barrier before it beeps and lets you through.

BTW I'm back in GM on Thursday for a couple of days before heading off to St Anton for Easter so I'll try and post an update on conditions for you.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

the '30' lane that never has a queue

not really true - when the queues are bad the whole autoroute can be at a standstill for quite some distance.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@897sma, Have'nt used one before and when I found it on a website I thought I'd give it a try. Not expecting huge queues like the summer. Using this trip as a test bed for future ski trips. Always flown in the past and always wanted to drive to the alps so figured as easter is early then go for it. If successful then will try to get 2 or even 3 long weekends a season before the knees say NO MORE Crying or Very sad
Sounds as if you are living the dream! Info on conditions would be great when you're there, Thanx.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@pam w, you're right that all the lanes may be blocked further back, but our recent experience on a busy day was that it made a significant difference, as everyone pulled over to avoid the 30 lane. At a minimum it made us feel better!!
ski holidays
@sj1608, I've noticed recently that the 30 lanes are becoming very popular. coming back from Geneva towards Chamonix last week I got through quicker by going through the empty télépéage lane next to it.
snow conditions
@pam w, that was the first time we've ever travelled on a busy day, so may not have been typical.

Our real reason for getting one was that we take the cat with us in the car and I'm paranoid about a potential escape route, despite the fact that she has her seat belt on!
latest report
@sj1608, a cat making a bid for freedom at a péage gate could cause a spectacular amount of chaos!
snow report
@pam w, yup, it causes enough chaos when she wants to go for a walk in the Eurotunnel and people suddenly realise it's a cat not a dog!
snow report
@dozey69, we stayed at the Eden apartments a couple of weeks ago and there didn't appear to be any free parking near the apartments (we booked a space in the underground car park, which was fine if you don't have a tall car with a roof box). There is a general car park less than five minutes from the apartment, but I think that there was a charge for parking.

The apartment was clean and fresh (we had one for 10 on the top floor) but no storage or hanging space and very poor kitchen equipment (no working tin opener!) Fantastic location, though - only a couple of minutes to the Sairon chair.
snow conditions
@rachelharrisonsmith, Thanks for that, will prob pre book apartment parking then, trouble is its hard to get owner/managers to communicate.
snow conditions
@dozey69, might be worth a trip to Poundland or similar to buy a couple of those over door hook racks. Last time we were in apartment with no hooks or storage space the place just seemed untidy all the time and it was hard to get things to dry.
ski holidays
@rachelharrisonsmith, Sorry to bother you but how did you find the communication with the managers of the Eden apts ? Trying E-mails and phone calls regarding pick up of keys etc all to no avail. Still have 6 days to sort but a bit apprehensive now. Sad
snow report
@dozey69, bad.... At one point, I wondered whether I had been scammed! Like you, I emailed repeatedly with no success, so I submitted my query through the homeaway website (property 862068) which got their attention, presumably because they thought it was a new booking enquiry!!

I am used to paying the holiday balance weeks before, but I couldn't even get them to give me details about how to pay it (which mattered to me because I didn't want to pay in cash).

I did get details about arrival a few days beforehand - I still have them so can send them to you if you PM me.

Like you, I was very apprehensive, but it did work out OK!

Enjoy your time there - we will also be out there, though just for the weekend. We are confident that there will some great skiing.
snow conditions
@rachelharrisonsmith, Thankyou for replying Very Happy I feel a little bit better now knowing that its not just me who,s experienced problems with booking these appartments.

I have emailed again and if I still get kno reply I will contact you again for the info,

Big thanks again Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
Lots of snow in flaine , boarded over there yesterday . Samoens nursery slopes still ok .. There's snow forecast for tomorrow 15 to 19 inches allegedly ! We ll see ..
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy