Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whistler

Poster: A snowHead
thanks @Arno, appreciate the feedback. Will look into Extremely canadian a bit more I think. Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Reading all the responses and seeing the two closed resorts has ruined what was an already wee wee poor Monday! Cannot believe this! No signs of a dump on the Horizon at all???
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
lol, seeing that my p1ss poor monday has been changed to wee wee poor Monday has put a Smile back on my face at least.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@shoogly, doing a couple of days backcountry groups with extremely canadian , good value and looks like a great way to find the best conditions
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Meanwhile, on Vancouver Island

http://www.mountwashington.ca/static/alpine-snow-report.html

Quote:
It is with regret that we announce that we are unable to continue with our current winter operations. The warm, wet weather that hit the whole West Coast of North America, and every other coastal resort during the week of February 7 has finally got the best of us. Effective as of Monday February 9 at 3:30 pm we will put our Winter 14/15 operations on hold until further notice.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
http://www.mountseymour.com/news/mt-seymour-pass-holders-skiboard-free-mount-washington

Sounds like a great deal, thanks guys!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I ski here every day and today the top of Whistler was still OK especially over in Symphony, although there was a bit of ice around in the busier areas closer to the gondola. Lower slopes have snow on the main runs all the way back to the village (e.g. Olympic) but off the side of the runs is looking very patchy. So basically stick to the upper slopes where most things are covered and there's still lots of decent skiing to be had.

EC is good for finding the best of what's available especially the more gnarly slopes and it's also quite social since you have the apres with your group after skiing. They also do the backcountry guiding. You could also check out "Whistler Alpine Guides" for other backcountry options.

The Camp is the old "Ski Esprit" and "Dave Murray Camp" combined. On that you ski with the same group for 3 or 4 days and that includes Video Analysis, race practice and they also have apres evenings together with your group. They alternate between Whistler and Blackcomb each day.

Max 4 group lessons level 6 will also go to the more challenging terrain but those are daily lessons rather that a camp and there is no apres with those. They do have a buy 2 days get one free though.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
B1g_browner wrote:
Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Reading all the responses and seeing the two closed resorts has ruined what was an already wee wee poor Monday! Cannot believe this! No signs of a dump on the Horizon at all???

Sorry, been sick, haven't been able to get my bike out yet! wink It is very nice weather for a bike ride Cool
Ironically it was the crappy snow in 2004/5 that contributed to us being here now since we got to see how nice BC was without snow!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Today, Monday 16th, conditions were a fair bit colder with -3 deg cel up top.

Nice and sunny with some intermittent cloud.

Groomed pistes were great and not too icy from 7th Heaven through to top of Glacier Express.

Blackcomb Glacier was pretty decent and not too tracked out.

End of day ski out to base was decent.

Tuesday 17th, WB time, is meant to be a fair bit warmer with 5 deg cel forcast! Hopefully they are wrong and still a little colder!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@stuarth, I appreciate that the area as a whole is probably very beautiful, but I have booked a ski holiday. So as soon as your good and ready, get on your bike son! lol.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quite interesting looking at the snowfall history chart here

http://www.whistler.com/weather/history/

February can be seen as being a generally leaner month compared with March.... hopefully the trend remains this season!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
HI SNOWHEADS!! This is my first post.

Having had a so so trip to Meribel in 1st week Jan when the snow was o.k but lots of ice and the worst we have seen in the last 4 years of going to 3 vallees, our freinds who got us into this sliding lark suggested joining them for a trip to Whistler. We accepted their kind offer and are off in March... Oh dear... I sincerely hope that the pattern of snow shown over the last few years continues and March gets its bigger snow fall otherwise its going to be the end of a pretty disappointing season for us with regards nice snow. Sad
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Adamkski69, so it's your fault!!!!!!!!

wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@shoogly, I never looked at that way.... Shocked Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi @Adamkski69 and welcome! Mixed bag here at the mo' - have skied 2 days @ Whistler / Blackcomb with 6 left and have seen everything already: snow, ice, slush, man made icing sugar and everything in between but even so it's very well worth a visit, HUUUGE epic place.......Hopefully may be more snow by time u turn up Madeye-Smiley

Will return one day during a non-catastrophic season all being well and will then realise the potential of it all.......
latest report
@Bisonator, Thanks dude. I suppose it will be what it will be and we will make the most of what it has to offer. Hope the rest of your trip is epic! snowHead
snow conditions
A little snow for today and into tomorrow?

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Whistler-Blackcomb/6day/mid
ski holidays
There was only a very light trace of snow this afternoon so it didn't really change anything.

On the WB website they have been posting videos each day including one today showing lots of happy skiers, so it's still decent up top regardless of all the doom and gloom people are talking about Smile

Check it out....
http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/media/videos/winter/201415/feb-testimonials.aspx?spMailingID=22167984&spUserID=ODE2MDg0NDgzODYS1&spJobID=502131651&spReportId=NTAyMTMxNjUxS0
snow report
Thanks for the updates @born2ski

on the plus side... it's going to snow right through March!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

https://w.metcheck.com/CA/180days.asp?day=3&MonthOf=3&zipcode=Whistler&locationID=4890&lat=50.1&lon=-123&findtype=

Laughing

*yes... i know.
ski holidays
Nice weather site. I like the way they try to predict the weather for the next 6 months Laughing
snow conditions
bisonator

keep up the snow reports , i get there on wednesday Smile
ski holidays
Quote:

On the WB website they have been posting videos each day including one today showing lots of happy skiers

Well.

I refer you to Mandy Rice Davies.
ski holidays
Still not even got round to skiing there this season! Although we did go snow tubing last weekend there, which is just about the most terrifying thing I've done on snow. By the time I got to the bottom my nerves were more jangled than Jimmy Savile's bracelets during an episode of Minipops.
ski holidays
Hi - sunshine here now (and no snow forecast for a while I'm afraid) BUT there is great stuff - i.e. proper snow - to be had near the top of both Whistler and Blackcomb - this place is great for "bowls" - especially Blackcomb glacier. ALL the locals are saying its the worst year ever, we usually ski til May, I have skied in August blah blah blah Smile

It's just a nightmare season for snow compared with usual levels apparently - but there is still fun to be had here.......just need to be aware of the "variable conditions". by the way the Peak To Peak gondy is a great thing to behold. And the bars are cool........ Laughing
ski holidays
B1g_browner wrote:
@stuarth, I appreciate that the area as a whole is probably very beautiful, but I have booked a ski holiday. So as soon as your good and ready, get on your bike son! lol.

Ok, did some mountain biking today.
Despite the fact that I clearly let everyone know I was planning to do this, the temperature didn't drop dramatically and I didn't spot any winter storm clouds forming - in fact it was yet another very nice day! Ho-hum! Cool

That said I was in Whistler yesterday (yes I know, it sucks to live here having to ski one day and go biking the next!), and if you ignore the bottom bit of the mountain and stay high up, it wasn't bad skiing - a bit busy due to the US holiday week, but groomers in pretty decent shape and you could even venture a bit off-piste despite not a lot in the way of new snow recently.
snow report
Been sunny again today BUT cool enough for snow cannons, so that's good. We started @ Blackcomb - especially Seventh Heaven area and then glacier - both really nice except for odd icy patch. Finished over Whistler side and came down Dave Murray Olympic run to then finish with beer outside Dusty's @ Creekside so it was "a grand day out, Grommit!"

Cloud has built up a bit but afraid they don't look very snow-laden Crying or Very sad

Still maintain that you can have a cool time here - just stay higher up.......
snow conditions
Quote:

Ok, did some mountain biking today.
Despite the fact that I clearly let everyone know I was planning to do this, the temperature didn't drop dramatically and I didn't spot any winter storm clouds forming - in fact it was yet another very nice day! Ho-hum!

That said I was in Whistler yesterday (yes I know, it sucks to live here having to ski one day and go biking the next!), and if you ignore the bottom bit of the mountain and stay high up, it wasn't bad skiing - a bit busy due to the US holiday week, but groomers in pretty decent shape and you could even venture a bit off-piste despite not a lot in the way of new snow recently.

Stuarth, I appreciate the efforts that you went to. I must be a real strain to have to go out on the bike one day and then ski the next! lol. If your efforts on the bike haven't worked, we might just have to suck it up and take this one one the chin. Sad
snow report
@stuarth, what you may not realise is that it was actually us that brought the snow in March 05. wink I seem to remember it snowing a day or so after we got there. I've got a photo of geetee jr, who was not quite a year and a half, standing in snow up to her knees looking bemused. It was her first proper experience of snow.

PS we arrive on 21st March so you should be able to fit in a few more weeks of biking.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@geetee,

Any chance of coming over and bringing the snow a bit sooner? wink
latest report
Hi - had another good day in the high up stuff on both mountains but cannot tell a lie - any cloud has legged it and it's been really warm today and it's pretty slushy / soft in some areas that have not been too bad earlier on the trip..........
rolling eyes
But on the basis this time next week I'll be back at work I'm not gonna complain about a bluebird day. Smile
snow conditions
@stuarth, Believe me, I would if I could!!! Laughing
latest report
stuarth I just had to check.... We arrived on the 18th March, bikes were being lined up outside the shops etc. This photo was taken on the morning of the 19th March. snowHead

Fingers crossed for the 22nd March and a powder camp starting on the 23rd!
snow report
@geetee, aw, what a beauty! Very Happy
ski holidays
@Pedantica, thanks! Blush I don't think I did a great job at putting on those mitts but I used to love that hat. Very Happy
ski holidays
@geetee,

I think I'll claim some of the credit for the snow in 05: I also arrived on the 18th that year.

I get there on 19th this year, so I'll try and lay some down for your arrival! - Certainly looking at a camp on 23rd.
latest report
@Acacia, excellent! I'll put in my order for 50cm of pow now. snowHead and I'll look out for you on the 23rd Very Happy
snow conditions
@Acacia, that would be the same time as I got there I expect.
snow report
Hiya - cooler than yesterday and cloudy start but still ended up sunny and no sign of snow, very sorry to say. That said, another really cool day and managing to find some decent white stuff - this time Whistler side; particularly Harmony / Symphony / Rhapsody areas. Last day tomoz - then back to "reality" Crying or Very sad
latest report
Any chance I could put in a next day delivery order for some fresh stuff. Off to get married on Friday, hopefully there will be something magical happen with the snow gods if I pray to them before we arrive Tuesday!
snow report
Hi - hopefully some good news on me last day here - IT'S SNOWING!!!!!! Before we get too carried away; not sure how long it will last and it is only light/ moderate so unsure what difference it will make but certainly been cooler today and a step in the right direction for all you guys and gals turning up soon.

Start back to UK Thurs but have had a great time here and wish everyone all the best for their future time here this season...... And B1g Browner congrats on the wedding. TTFN The Bisonator Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy