Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Norrona Lofoten GTX PRO

Poster: A snowHead
What's the verdict on these shell jackets & trousers?

Anyone know the cheapest deal to purchase, Ellis Brigham have them at £500 each.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tiso might have some Norrona on sale just now. I wore the ski gloves all week and they were really comfy. Not super warm but it was extremely cold on the mountain.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
have the trousers. high quality overall. fairly loose fit. mine are medium (my waist is 34) and fit well. braces good. some people have issues with the brand and skiers who wear it. but you could say that about a few other brands.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have the jacket. Very good piece of kit, noticeably better made than my previous shell, a North Face Spineology. Very waterproof, breathes very well, packs down tiny. Surprisingly warm.

Recommended.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have the pants in that series, and I wear them 3 times a week.

They are - by far, the best pants in the market. I'm sure they will last at least 5-10 years. The boss (wife), has the jacket, and even she is impressed by it. I managed to get both at 50% at their outlet store here in Oslo. The reason they were 50% off? They were last seasons colours and the zip was a slightly different colour. Norrona changes their colour schemes each year so if you are lucky you can find the lasts seasons ones at a steal.

Highly reccommended....
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I switched from Arcteryx to Norrona last season, as I wanted something brighter, and the colours imported for Arcteryx were a little limited.

The trousers in particular are very well made, being a heavier grade material than the jacket, as they take much more abuse. The trousers are also one of the very few left with boot gaiters and lowers legs that can be opened.

You should easily be able to beat EB prices from the web once you know your size. I'm a slim 6ft, and the medium fits perfectly, with room for layers.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@snowfit, take a look at the Sweet Protection Supernaut range, just bought myself a goretex pro shell pants and jacket combo from S&R, very nice. Also did a price-match with Bergzeit, even better!

http://www.snowandrock.com/sweet%20protection%20men%27s%20supernaut%20jacket/sweet-protection-jacket/ski-snowboard-outdoor-sports/fcp-product/64052
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Agreed. As a general rule, the only thing I ever pay full price for is boots. The rest is always available somewhere at 50% - 75% off. If you are patient and keep looking, you will find what you are looking for at acceptable prices Happy

Happy hunting.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
sportpursuit have some very good prices on Goretex jackets from Arcteryx and Haglofs currently ( think the Arcteryx one ends this Thursday)

http://www.sportpursuit.com/join/clicky
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've been super happy with my insulated shell and trousers from that line from Norrona for the past couple of years. Apart from oil stains they are pretty much as new despite taking quite a bit of abuse.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Brilliant piece of kit. I have this this seasons trousers and am very pleased. They are my first replacement bit for the beginner outfit I bought for my first trip 5 years ago and they look and feel very well made. Only worn one week so far, but I will be disappointed if they don't last for many years.

I was worried about switching to a shell rather than pants with a liner, but with my usual base layer and an extra mid layer if it is cold, they are much more comfortable than my old stuff. Plus the leg zips make it easy to dump heat if needed.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have the shell jacket and pants. As above, really: superb kit and great fit. I hunted around and managed to get cheaper than retail. LD Mountain centre I think.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Great kit. We use nearly every day of the week (5 months a year). Looks good fits well and will last a long time.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
One further point if you want to colour match, make sure you buy the same seasons kit, as Norrona change colour/shade every season. The best time to buy is probably March, as the sales should have cut in, and you should still be able to find all the sizes, rather than the usual XS and XL sizes from the previous year.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I just bought the Primaloft Lofoten GTX jacket online from the Montaz shop in France. Posted out Wednesday morning, arrived less than 48 hours later Smile

Would have bought one here but they only had the bright green version and it didn`t suit me at all.
ski holidays
Excellent stuff! Probably the best on the market - I am biased because Norrona fits me very well, unlike Arcteryx where they seem go believe that if you need a small size you have to be 5' tall. Very good quality and very technical, well worth its price.
snow conditions
I have the trousers and they are top notch. Got them 50% off at EB end of last season so keeping an eye out for the jacket this year Very Happy
snow report
Worth having a look here: http://www.thebootlab.co.uk/store/index.php?route=product/category&path=88_90

Decent prices, especially with the weak Euro.
ski holidays
Deedee wrote:
I just bought the Primaloft Lofoten GTX jacket online from the Montaz shop in France.

Couple of hours in the rain yesterday and i was perfectly dry under the jacket Very Happy
snow report
You've got to brave or very very rad to wear the jester suit:-

http://www.thebootlab.co.uk/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=88_90&product_id=109
ski holidays
Just finished the very last run on the last day of my season last week, and put a nice big rip across the front of my new jacket Shocked
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy