Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pyrenees snow storm 01/02/2015

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We haven't managed to get up high yet but at village level we have well over a metre of fresh snow in Bareges (Grand Tourmalet resort - French Pyrenees), around 1.5m at 1400m and what must be coming up for 2m at altitude. Avalanche conditions are 5 out of 5 and quite major towns are looking at evacuation... It is still snowing hard with another system due through on Wednesday.

snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Current road closures can be seen on the Dept 65 website: http://inforoute.cg65.fr/
There are more pics and videos on our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mountainbug/168930886500104?ref=hl
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Rob, Happy New Year to you guys Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Same here with the snow amounts, not as much in Luchon itself only about 70cm but about 2m up high over the last couple of days. We will be loosing our exclusivity title for Luchon as some ex-employees of yours are setting up in town also.

Hope you and the family are all well.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's been snowing all day across most of the range, and I hear that most of the roads to ski stations on the French side of the western/central Pyrenees are closed due to avalanche risk.

Very dangerous conditions out there, since prior to the snowfall there was a lot of wind causing a highly irregular base, and there's been wind during the snowfall too. And at least where I am in the central Spanish Pyrenees, the snow didn't cohere well to the old base at first, which is never a good sign. Sadly, a skier was killed yesterday in the western Spanish Pyrenees in a closed area of the small resort Candanchú.

For a large set photos, see http://www.nevasport.com/phorum/read.php?3,3424181,page=4 (which is SnowHeads' Spanish equivalent!)

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sun 1-02-15 23:40; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Amazing depths!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Enormous snow, high wind at altitude and an avalanche risk of 5/5 kept Luchon-Superbagneres and Peyragudes closed. And personally even with my trusty Land Rover I would not have attempted to drive up today.

Still snowing heavily after a brief lull mid afternoon. Probably at least another 10cm in the last couple of hours.

I shall not be rushing onto the mountain tomorrow as I think they are going to be very slow in clearing and opening up.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi Mike,

Happy new year to you too. Its good here our three little ones are keeping us very busy with sledging, nose blowing etc.

The resorts are all closed here tomorrow, avalanches across the roads, Cauterets and Gavarnie are evacuating... Still snowing.

Yes the Free Range chalet, they are a lovely couple and should help throw some more Pyrenees marketing to the UK, I reckon we have space for a few hundred more chalets really, well maybe more than 2 anyway Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Am glad of the more sheltered base of the Pyrenees Orientales foothills....was due to head to the Grandvalira for a night tomorrow but seeing as the Andorran France border is closed due to high Avalanche risk am going to continue to ski locally for the last 2 days of my 4 day break-most of Font Romeu was open today and not too windy. Otherwise I may not get back to Barcelona on Wednesday! Snow depths coming up to 2m though for Les Angles. Does sound quite windy outside at present and I'm only at 500 odd metres...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
in garbure we trust wrote:
Hi Mike,

Happy new year to you too. Its good here our three little ones are keeping us very busy with sledging, nose blowing etc.

The resorts are all closed here tomorrow, avalanches across the roads, Cauterets and Gavarnie are evacuating... Still snowing.

Yes the Free Range chalet, they are a lovely couple and should help throw some more Pyrenees marketing to the UK, I reckon we have space for a few hundred more chalets really, well maybe more than 2 anyway Smile

We have been fortunate to have the place to ourselves for 10 years, and as you say they are a nice couple (we were chatting with them tonight in one of our bars). I still find it crazy that the UK market avoids the Pyrenees when we have such amazing skiing.

A few years back we had journalists from the Good Ski Guide who did an a fantastic spread covering our resorts, which was also backed up in their "Easy Ski" article focusing on easy connections from the UK. But still the numbers are ridiculously small. It is OK for us as we have a strong loyal base of clients - but the opportunity is great.

As they say in the film "build it and they will come" - maybe one day soon people will wake up Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Tourist office of Piau-Engaly, before (saturday morning, upper picture) and after (sunday evening).

Saterday morning, 120 cms of fresh snow.

According to the sources (skipass.com) the cumulative is now 370 cms.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Tourist office of Piau-Engaly, amazing shots
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy