Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hirafu Accommodation options - any ideas??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

Thought I might try on the forum to see if I have any luck with accom options in Niseko

I'm thinking of a last minute(ish) trip to Nesiko, it was going to be this week but I couldn't find ANY reasonable priced place to stay - I emailed all of the Lodges/Hostels I could find but the whole of Hirafu was booked solid. My next window of opportunity is around Feb 17 on wards. In case I missed anywhere does anyone know of any accom options that don't cost the earth?? Lodge/hostel type accom is preferable as I am on my own so it would be good to meet others to ski with.

Cheers
Brent
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You set on Hirafu?

I stayed at BD Lodge and Annupuri Lodge, and would happily stay at both again. Both have bars and stuff going on at night, despite being in quiet areas. Both a short walk from the lifts.
Annupuri is a bit nicer, BD has more character and generally more hardcore skiers.

If/when I go back to Niseko I'll be staying at BD Lodge again.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I stayed at Australian Alpine Club.
Really good and really friendly....no need to be a member,
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@rungsp, Thanks for the info. I have emailed them. Didn't even know that it existed!!!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@clarky999, not 100% set on Hirafu but there are way more eating options there compared to the other towns/villages. Cant remember seeing at lot at Annupuri last year. Are there many places to eat that aren't stupidly expensive? Only prob with BD lodge is that it is really in the middle of no where...Beggars cant be choosers though!

Cheers
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I personally think the BD lodge is pretty overpriced for what it is, it's done a great job on its brand though.

@BMG, try the YHA Karimpani Hostel in Annupuri, I don't know how long you want to stay but it is most likely to have space at a cheap price. They also do dinner and do drop offs/pick ups in morning/afternoon to Annupuri and Niseko Village. And.. what would you define as stupidly expensive? Annupuri doesn't really have much, nor does Niseko Village (where BD lodge is) but you will do very well to get a dorm room in Hirafu at this time of year. It was all booked out by October last year.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Timmaah, Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Timmaah wrote:
I personally think the BD lodge is pretty overpriced for what it is, it's done a great job on its brand though.

@BMG, try the YHA Karimpani Hostel in Annupuri, I don't know how long you want to stay but it is most likely to have space at a cheap price. They also do dinner and do drop offs/pick ups in morning/afternoon to Annupuri and Niseko Village. And.. what would you define as stupidly expensive? Annupuri doesn't really have much, nor does Niseko Village (where BD lodge is) but you will do very well to get a dorm room in Hirafu at this time of year. It was all booked out by October last year.

There are definitely cheaper places that are a bit nicer, but I'm not aware of any that put on free busses to Kiroro/Rusutsu etc when it snows more there than in Niseko wink

Plus no Australians!

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Tue 27-01-15 12:08; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@BMG, yeah there's definitely fewer places to eat in Annupuri, and even fewer Japanese options.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy