Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

In your 40's - 50's?? Mixed group? End of Jan - beginning of Feb?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I'm looking to join a group - ideally a Chalet or Chalet Hotel? Skied most places - intermediate, Reds/Blues/ and the odd black mid week to say I've done it! A group that loves the skiing, après ski, relax at the end of the day - G&T/Beer? Possibly be dragged out 1/2 nights in the week if I can still walk! I can fly from Gatwick/Bristol/Birmingham/Heathrow - live in Swindon. No date set yet and following the snow!! wink [/b]
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=111164 (surely has space)
or
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=108422 (must be imminently full?)

participants are 30's, 40's, 50's and (I think) 60's.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@andy, There is at least one 60+ year old on each of those! Toofy Grin
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm trying to look at this but it's full - have you got to get your own flight too?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
the first one (Kronplatz) I linked is probably not full (it doesn't say it's full, so shouldn't be)
the second (Arabba) is probably down to the last space or two, and rejigging of rooms.

yes, flights you sort yourself.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@YMD, go for one of the bashes and you'll never look back!
Plus the Dolomites looks like it is going to get a good snowfall over the next week or two, which is further good news.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I just booked this myself last night, for the Kronplatz week, 25 jan to 2 Feb. Even though you have to book your own flights, there are transfer options available. It will be my first bash, so can't comment on the usual suspects that frequent the bashes. They have transfers organized for the Sunday from Innsbruck or Venice.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just checked for the first week, 25 Jan on skyscanner, it looks like EasyJet has flights with the right times for for £115 return. The week of the 25th, was around £350 for half board, and the transfers were £35 a piece. Ski pass for the week was around 200 EUR.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
YMD wrote:
Hi, I'm looking to join a group - ideally a Chalet or Chalet Hotel? Skied most places - intermediate, Reds/Blues/ and the odd black mid week to say I've done it! A group that loves the skiing, après ski, relax at the end of the day - G&T/Beer? Possibly be dragged out 1/2 nights in the week if I can still walk! I can fly from Gatwick/Bristol/Birmingham/Heathrow - live in Swindon. No date set yet and following the snow!! wink [/b]

Did you get sorted??
We are 4 - minus one ... bloody boarder just let us down. All 50 plus though, but still quite game
We havent booked yet but planning on going weekrnd 31/1 or 1/2 chalet in La Plagne /Tignes/Val D'Is , ie where theres snow.
Budgeting circa £500 from Gatwick
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
YMD wrote:

Did you get sorted??
We are 4 - minus one ... bloody boarder just let us down. All 50 plus though, but still quite game
We havent booked yet but planning on going weekrnd 31/1 or 1/2 chalet in La Plagne /Tignes/Val D'Is , ie where theres snow.
Budgeting circa £500 from Gatwick
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Thirsty, I'm still looking. 47yo Male in Kent looking to go on 31st/1st for a week, pref La Plagne (fancy a go on the bobsled)...pref catered chalet. Experienced skier and intermediate boarder looking to board and get skills up. Still looking for someone?!
snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Iski, Oi. Only just. wink
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
If you still aren't sorted, maybe try Billy Snow Mates on Facebook, great bunch of people and they always have various trips arranged. Good luck!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi

Sorry for the delay, I am still looking and I have another guy that's on the Neilson site that lives in Swansea - wants to go??

yvette@mccartney-maxwell.com 07771900229
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Thirsty, Hi are you still looking for more to join?? yvette@mccartney-maxwell.com

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Wed 21-01-15 12:32; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
@Richienotsorich, Hi are you still looking, I have another guy wants to go, nothing sorted yet? yvette@mccartney-maxwell.com
ski holidays
@YMD, Never done a solo holiday before - bit wary about sharing with someone I don't know. Phoned a few companies today and some want stupid money as a single supplement. Looks like I'm going to have to wait until next week to book Confused
ski holidays
I have done a few sols, it's ok - but if we leave it until Sat/Sun the prices will drop a bit and they want chalets filled...I have also managed to get a single with no sup, so lets see what happens, I have another guy looking at the moment and we are trying to sort something. I wont book until Sun or next week.
snow report
YMD & Richienotsorich, Apologies for not responding ... we've now decided to postpone till End Feb /1st wk in March .. by then we may be posting for another 'bloody boarder'!!!!!
snow report
YMD wrote:
I have done a few sols, it's ok - but if we leave it until Sat/Sun the prices will drop a bit and they want chalets filled...I have also managed to get a single with no sup, so lets see what happens, I have another guy looking at the moment and we are trying to sort something. I wont book until Sun or next week.

Hi YMD

I am looking to go to la plane 1 February take a look at ice and fire chalet for current prices.
http://www.ice-fire.co.uk/2014-15-prices-and-availability
They have single rooms and I believe no supplement for solos.
Cheers
snow report
I'm still looking for a group or roomshare to manage costs, first week March or possibly second to avoid the French holidays. Experienced skier, 40, South Manchester, preferably high French resort but open to suggestions. Any interest then message me.

Nick
ski holidays
@Thirsty, Hi, I may be that 'bloody boarder' - 47 yo Intermediate boarder but currently unfit as I have been wiped out by flu and have not still shifted it yet; I am going on the BB this Saturday so will see how I get on there...1st week of March could work for me.
Cheers,
J
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy