Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Female solo skier looking for ski buddies early March 2015

Poster: A snowHead
Hi Folks

I am a 34 year old intermediate skier looking for anyone who would be interested in a weeks skiing during the first week in March. Could possibly do the third week in March too. I didn't ski last year (ski injury from year before forced me out!) and none of my mates ski - I am desperate to ski this year! Blush

I haven't booked anything as yet and wanted to test the water to see if anyone is likely to be in the same shoes as me?! Is anyone out there looking to recruit folk to join an existing party? I am happy to be flexible - I just want to ski! Very Happy

Ideally I'd like to ski anyone in French Alps and particularly interested to hear from any female skiers who are in the same ski boots as me. Looking to spend no more than £400-£600 for the week.

Cheers
Becky (based in Derby)
Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Am looking to go mid march. Looking to go on budget as long as snows good then il be happy:). Intermediate border 32
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mid March, 14th to 21st could work for me. Happy to go anywhere apart from Tignes or Val Thorens as i like trying new ski areas. I'm 29 yo, male intermediate skier, non smoker.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
We are a group of 6 going to http://www.sanvigilio.com/en/winter-holiday/ski-resort-plan-de-corones/63-0.html from 14 - 21 March. Self catering. Flying to Munich. Hire car from there to San Vigilio. Aim to ski Hidden Valley / Sella Ronda / Santa Croce / Kronplatz / Marmolada / whatever comes along.
Cost: Lufthansa flights currently around £125 return. Accommodation around £150 or so. Lift pass around £200. Car hire approx £60 plus fuel. Then ski hire / lessons as required. Food. Drink. Insurance.
Group ages from around 5 years to around 60 years. Mostly intermediate piste skiers
If interested send a PM
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hey Becky (and everyone)

We're looking for 1 more girl to join our 6 bed apartment - we're a friendly easy-going group of late 20-somethings - 3 guys and 2 girls based around London - a mix of beginner/intermediate skiiers and boarders. We're going with The Ski Week in Obertauern, Austria (https://www.theskiweek.com) - so hope you enjoy some good Apres Ski, meeting lots of different people and generally having a great ski day and socialable evening. Do as much or as little as you want!

14-21 March 2015
£550, accomm, ski pass, TSW Wristband for apres ski venues incl. [Excl. flights to Salzburg, transfers, food]

PM me if you or anyone you know is interested! Happy to have a chat
Wendy
Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Skigirl2015, Hi Becky

I'm looking to go skiing in the first week of March. But have nobody to go with. Have you found anybody on here to go with? The only problem is that I'm a guy, which wouldn't make room sharing feasible. However, I have been skiing before with Alpine Elements before, and their single room supplements are very cheap.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm looking for a room share the first week of March. 40, male, flying from Manchester. Experienced skier, will be on and off piste. Preferring a high French resort or Italy.

Nick
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi Becky

I'm looking for exactly the same. Not too pricey, first week or march/any week in march, and just some good snow really.

I'm a 23 year old intermediate/advanced skier just looking to have some fun and get on the slopes.

If you need another person or want to talk about arranging something, i'd be more than up for it.

Based just outside north west london.

Ollie
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi Becky/Ollie

This makes three of us.

I have travelled with Alpine Elements before. Check out this link:

http://www.alpineelements.co.uk/booking/search.aspx?searchMode=hotels&seasontab=winter&checkedbrandchannel=&selectedseason=Season-Winter-2014&resort=0&departureDate=01/03/2015&duration=7&occupancy=1,0,0&AccommodationID=0&departureAirport=0&hotelType=

What do you both do? I'm a pharmacist in a hospital. I live in Sheffield, but can fly from any airport.

Regards

Kirtan
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi Kirtan,

I've just had a look at Alpine Elements. I've never used them before but this seems a good price at first glance. Although the lift pass added on top would make it around £700

http://www.alpineelements.co.uk/ski-holidays/la-plagne/chalet-michelle.html?mode=live&DepartureDate=15/03/2015&duration=7&DepartureAirport=0&Occupancy=2,0,0

I'm sure there could be similar and better deals elsewhere too on various other sites for less popular resorts.

Jason
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Legored11

Hi
Thats the week I am looking at going skiing as well
Im 53yr old male dont do off-piste or late nights live in Brum but can do Manx airport
France/Italy fine by me.
send me a msg if you want to and see if we can work something out.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi all

I have booked off the week commencing 2nd March, with a view to going skiing the weekend of 28th Feb. How many of us are there now?

Regards

Kirtan
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi Becky
I'm also an intermediate skier in my 30s, aiming to go skiing in early March. Really keen to get out there, so don't mind too much about the where and aiming for around the same budget as you. Not sure if you've sorted something already, as this post is a few days old now, but you're welcome to message me if you want to look in to arranging something.

Beth Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hello all

It would be great if we can go as a group. An even number of us and an equal number of men and women would make room sharing cheaper and more straightforward.

I've never used Snowheads before. Have any of you? Would Facebook and/or LinkedIn be an appropriate way to communicate and see who we all are? I appreciate if the two ladies (Beth and Becky) want to go alone. Shall we aim for this time next week for us to clarify numbers and whether we want to go as a large group or as smaller groups to different resorts?

My preferences are as follows:

I have booked time off work to go skiing for a week on the weekend of 28th February.
I'm interested in skiing in Austria, Italy or France (would love to do Switzerland but it may be too pricey).
I'm happy with B&B or half board.
I live in Sheffield, but am happy to fly from any airport in England.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Kirtan
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi Guys

Apologies with the very late reply. I have booked to go on a trip 28th March now with Action outdoors in Chamonix. Got a great deal £550 all inclusive, everything all in including full time ski tuition. It's also the week that they've lifted the age restrictions too and there are a few people already booked on in their 30s and 40s. Flights were extra. Is anyone going to be in Chamonix then???

Cheers

Becky
snow report
Hi, 40's male snowboarder, experienced on and off piste. Based near Warwick, so midland, London or Manchester airport not a problem. Looking for a trip end of Feb / March, Northern Alps look more snow certain compared to Italy still. Normally book a late deal chalet with the likes of skiworld, crystal etc so budget around £500. PM me if you are getting a group together or want to share room. First lift last lift type and don't mind skiers wink
ski holidays
Quote:

I have booked to go on a trip 28th March now with Action outdoors in Chamonix. Got a great deal £550 all inclusive, everything all in including full time ski tuition.

good choice, @Skigirl2015, the UCPA Centres are ideal for solo travellers and terrific value.
latest report
Anyone still in need of ski/board buddy. 32 easy going just want more snow:)
snow report
2 people wanted to fill fully catered chalet 7th-14th March in Morzine

We are a group of 4 young couples, 3 of us have young children who are coming along (4 children in total), so you'd have to be child friendly.....but they are all gorgeous and well behaved.

It's chalet belle through treeline chalets and the room were offering is a double/twin (up to you) with ensuite.

The cost would be £435pp which is ridiculously cheap for fully catered......

We are all friendly, a mixture of boarders and skiers....total foodies! We want some relaxed, fun and friendly people to fill our spare room!
👍😀
Thanks!
Sally
snow report
@Boxey join in on march trip thread, 3 so far. 2 skiers 1 boarder.
snow report
Singlesport has a couple of spaces left in Courchevel on 14 march if that works for anyone/
snow report
Hi, looking for two females to join a friend and me to do skiweek (www.theskiweek.com) the week of March 14th - 21st. Looking to book an apartment and need to meet their gender ratio. Please PM me if interested. cheers!
snow report
Hi
I am an intermediate/advanced female skier aged 24 based in Yorkshire looking for ski buddies for the week commencing the 7th march.
Any takers?
Cheers
Emma
snow report
Come to tignes ! @Emma646,
latest report
@Boxey, have you got something sorted for Tignes already?
snow conditions
Yes 8th from Gatwick ..can fly from other airports as well
ski holidays
Hi all, I am looking for two people to join our holiday to Tignes 22-29 March. Mixed group of 6 skiers and 1 boarder of varying abilities, ages 24-40. £745 all in (includes flights from Gatwick, transfers, fully catered chalet AND Espace Killy lift pass). Let me know if you're interested.
latest report
Hi Anyone

I'm wanting to ski this year some time in March, any resort will do. My skiing would be best described as beginner to intermediate. If anyone has a spare chalet room they want filling please message me.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
TonyF, http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=117443&highlight=
latest report
Hi Becky, are you sorted yet ?
I live close to Derby am single/female and looking to ski for a week anywhere from March 14/25th onwards.
Willing to consider anything.
snow report
Hi everyone,

I posted a couple of days ago looking for a potential trip for 2 people during 6-14 March (http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=117496).

However, I can travel SOLO and ski anytime between now and 14 March, so if anybody has any single beds/rooms etc that need filling - preferably in a catered chalet - please let me know!

Thanks
snow report
@Skigirl2015, I am going to Chamonix at the same time! I am 18 year old male looking for ski buddys?
snow report
If anyone fancies St.Anton, rooms in Pettneu are about £40 per night. Welll seriviced by bus, free during the day and 3-5 euros at night and take about 10 minutes. You can fly from Gatwick to Innsbruck or Friederichshafen, then catch the train. I will be there 8th-22nd so happy to hook up for a ski or drink.
snow conditions
Hi @Folie Douchebag,

If you fancy La Plagne we have spaces in our Chalet Bluebell for 8th - 15th or 15th - 22nd March for £399 per person with no single supplement for booking your own room.

Flights and transfers aren't included but we can arrange for you to share a transfer with other guests.

Details are via the link below . . .

Happy planning!
Heather
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy