Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boots Question regarding fitting

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
How much should I be able to move my feet in my boots?

I had fitted boots three-ish years ago, and they have always been super comfortable - important point number one obviously. However I've noticed now as I'm skiing a bit more confidently and I spend more time with my weight forward that my feet slip forwards a little until the toes are pressed up against the front of the boot. Its not to the point of being uncomfortable, but I find myself having to conciously shift my feet backwards so the heel is properly pressed in.

Is it a case of just getting my boots remoulded/refitted? Should I just be happy that they're comfortable?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@macgyver, if your weight is properly forward your feet should be tending backwards...

That aside, your feet shouldn't move at all, apart from maybe a tiny little bit of ankle rise.

Shell check. Search here or google is your friend.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well I feel like I'm getting my weight forwards more but still its just my perception.

Should I be doing my boots up tighter? I'm loathed to change anything because as I say its comfortable - if its inhibiting my skiing though I obviously do need to change things.

Having a search now.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@macgyver, you should feel your weight on your shins and your thighs shouldn't burn if you're doing it properly.

Maybe do up your lower calf buckle?

Found shell checks? many references on here.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I seem to just find threads referring to shells, ie coats.

I do have weight on my shins, and it takes an awful lot of skiing to feel it in my thighs, but I do have strong legs from cycling/running.

I guess next time I could do the buckles a bit tighter and see if the feet stay put/the boots are stil comfortable.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Shell fit advice in this link...

http://www.evo.com/ski-boot-fitting-guide-how-to-try-on-your-new-ski-boots.aspx

The article refers to both the 'two fingers' method as well as the more precise method of measuring shell fit in mm.

A good way to measure shell fit is to use a variety of household objects (marker pen, maglite, screwdriver handle) find the one that fits in the gap then measure the diameter of it.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy