Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

one week to go

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am off to 3V on Saturday, but haven't been to gym in about 3 weeks. What is the best thing i can do to build up fitness before i leave?

Is it too late - with anything i do this week just being a painful waste of time?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Too late for any real fitness improvement and anything to strenuous could result in an injury. Whatever you do take it easy.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Depends on what base you're working from but generally it's not worth it. If you were pretty fit before you had them 3 weeks off you'll be fine.

I'm always surprised how quickly I can loose and regain fitness!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Never too late, every bit helps. Follow this:

http://youtube.com/v/I21XHU-oV7s

Do a bit of yoga and pilates, plenty of YouTube vids around and go for walks/hikes where possible. At home do a few air squats (lose the weight on your squats at this stage), wall sits and then a a good exercise is to get two bits of Kitchen Towel - on a wooden floor, step on a sheet with each foot, spread legs shoulder distance apart and squeeze legs inward until they meet (repeat and go beyond shoulder distance if comfortable). Light non-intense exercises at this stage, it'll take your body too long to recover if you opt for intense exercises now.

Nutrition is key to everything imo, no point in exercising if you don't give your body the right fuel. It'll help you recover quicker and give you plenty of energy for your next workout. Eat clean, never mind calorie counting just eat as much veg as you want, add protein to each of your three main meals. Use fruits and nuts for snacking, occasional square of dark choc to kill the cravings.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
boardiac wrote:
I am off to 3V on Saturday, but haven't been to gym in about 3 weeks. What is the best thing i can do to build up fitness before i leave?

Is it too late - with anything i do this week just being a painful waste of time?

It depends what you were doing up until 3 weeks ago.

If you were fit and doing a ski specific program just drop back into it but reduce the effort/load a touch to avoid injury.

If you were reasonably fit but not from a ski specific point of view then all you can do at this stage is improve your neuromuscular control. By that i mean try to "warm up" the ski muscles and get them firing so that you have better control. So alight strength program of ski specific muscles.There is a limited amount of strength increase but you can get the muscle to work a bit harder with above regimen.

There is nothing to stop you doing a strength program if you were doing one til recently.

There is limited amount you can do for your cardio fitness but if you are reasonably fit and have not done any intervals you could do some.

Jonathan Bell
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy