Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Colorado 2014-15 snow reports

Poster: A snowHead
We were there at Thxgiving. It was good ... report and pics at

https://gortonator.wordpress.com/2014/12/05/thanksgiving-in-colorado/

Should hopefully be a good setup for a fine season.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not much snow after then though. Out in Breck over New Year, keeping my fingers crossed for more snow!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Winter Park. First week in February 2015. There had better be snow or there will be trouble.. Cool
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
gortonator wrote:
We were there at Thxgiving. It was good ... report and pics at

https://gortonator.wordpress.com/2014/12/05/thanksgiving-in-colorado/

Should hopefully be a good setup for a fine season.

Hey there Gortonator! Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving in CO. We are headed there ourselves on Friday. Looks to be a small storm forecast for late weekend. Fingers crossed, along with the toes, that it doesn't split as much as is currently forecast. Either way, we will take what we can get. Will be staying at a condo in Breck. Hoping to hit Vail, or Beaver Creek for a day too. But will keep options open for whichever Summitt resort ends up getting the goods.

Still pretty thin coverage in the PNW too. Storm coming just as we board the plane for Denver...Got a few unused Schweitzer Mtn passes I need to use before 1/13/2015...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Summit County ski resorts received about 30 cm of snow the past two days. Breckenridge is in really good condition. Fresh shin to knee deep pow turns off the T-bar and Imperial lifts. More snow fell Sunday night, and today was a repeat of yesterday but with better visibility. Forecasts are calling for more snow showers in Summit County the rest of this week. Steamboat is also getting good snow approximately 30 to 35 cm fell over the weekend as well. Will try and post pictures later. Off to Vail on Tuesday will report back conditions.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You timed it well Toadman!! CO is shaping up well this year. Hope Crystal gets some snow soon though ...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Skied Vail today. They received about 30 - 35 cm Saturday to Sunday. Was snowing on and off all day all the way down to the village. There was just a light dusting of 5 cm of snow to freshen up the corduroy today. Light and fluffy snow from Mid-Vail up. Plenty of tracked up pow in the back bowls. Did a few runs in Blue Sky Basin. Really good snow back there. They are calling for continued snow showers for the next two days. Tomorrow back to Breck for one last day of skiing. Legs got a work out. Better than I could have hoped with the conditions. Three days of light CO pow does the body good!

Should be able to post some pics soon.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Was in vail Sunday. Real scratchy underneath the pow, but so much better than fri/sat there. Must be incredible now. Plus it was pretty cold when I left. Xmas season definitely saved by the change in weather patttern. Blue sky was the best, seemed pow was lighter, front was super tracked and felt heavy.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Was quite a bit of fresh snow for Monday and Tuesday in Eagle and Summit Counties.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mid Vail on Tuesday Dec. 16th. Snow showers, heavy at times. Put down a few inches on top of the foot or so that fell Saturday/Sunday/Monday.

Whiskey Jack mid morning. Got to love pre holiday weekday skiing! A dusting on top of the corduroy.

Mini TR with pics - http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2632700#2632700
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Darn it. Missed it by a week Crying or Very sad

Although can't afford the fares and hotels this week.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
mcboz wrote:
Not much snow after then though. Out in Breck over New Year, keeping my fingers crossed for more snow!

Looks like you are in for some good snow. Forecast is calling for cold temps, NW flow, and snow coming for next week into Xmas. Would have loved to go back there next week for sure! But I lucked out with really good conditions for mid-December.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Day wound down............ Here at Snowmass (and the region) for the week overall decent skiing for this time of year. No major junk on the slopes or even within some short cuts that I've taken across the mountain since Sunday. All IS good.
Approximately 30 plus inches of base (PP) +/- 6 with periodic light addition chiefly here, north and east. The most topping I've seen hasn't gone over 9 inches. Such conditions are similar throughout the region incorporating a good 200 mile radius which has been adequately cold enough during the day and predominantly cloudy with much higher ambient moisture than usual which has thankfully protected the snow from typical evaporation had direct sunlight and dry air been at hand. Be it here at Snowmass, Aspen or the two other stations, as well other resorts within the state and outlying states resorts, each are still cordoning off (protecting) about 25% of their runs - and several lifts - as they reserve them for Christmas which begins this weekend, thus assuring the surge of skiers snow and good surface. Projections for several back-to-back light but nevertheless adequate fronts bringing an aggregate of up to 30 plus additional inches by the 26th, 27th are expected.
Anyone on their way to the region for Christmas and New Year's will be just fine.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Sun 21-12-14 21:53; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It's about to go off in CO. Projections are for several feet from Sunday into Xmas day. Should be some really nice high quality powder for the lucky tens of thousands of skiers spending Christmas on the slopes!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Nice top up of snow over Christmas Smile going to get very cold next week
snow report
I have a feeling someone who has posted in this thread is going to have a very good New Year...

Wednesday night: Snow could fall heavily over southern Colorado, with the deepest totals likely around Wolf Creek.

Thursday: Should be a powder day in southern Colorado, with perhaps ~6 inches at Durango and Silverton, a bit less at Telluride, and likely (much?) more at Wolf Creek, which always seems to over deliver based on the forecast (which is for 8-14 inches).
snow report
Wink Wink Wink Wink

We just need to get there before the serious dumpage. It's going to be a quiet, driving new years eve!!
ski holidays
@gortonator Safe travels to you and the misses. Have a powder filled New Year!![b]

Going to Crystal on New Years Eve to hit the slopes training for Lech in 2 weeks. Very Happy The Cascades got some really good snow last weekend, about 2'. Very cold and bluebird the next few days, so the snow should be really soft.

snow report
We went to Wolf Creek. It snowed 15 inches Wink. Odd little place but full of great skiing. We stayed at South Fork, which as a local described it, is the 'town that time forgot', so dining/drinking options were limited. To one bar!! I also met more Texans than I think I did in a week in Dallas. When you look at a map, it makes sense Wink

Pics/report at

https://gortonator.wordpress.com/2015/01/06/a-tale-of-two-powder-says-at-wolf-creek/
ski holidays
@gortonator,

Wolf Creek , great place Very Happy
snow report
@gortanator Sounds like one heck of a transfer! But all in the name of fresh pow. And nothing like the CO pow IME!!!
snow report
It wasn't fun. DIA was busy but had no staff on to unload planes. Took 1.5 hours for skis to appear. Then, despite us reserving an AWD vehicle, Thrifty didn't have any, so tehy had to get one cleaned and charged me $400 for the privilege as it was a higher level vehicle. And they had minimal staff on too. That took an hour. We landed at 7pm on time and left DIA at 10.15!!
ski holidays
Sorry to hear that. Sounds like you have a proper complaint against Thrifty for some dodgy customer service. I would think if they don't have the vehicle you reserved on hand, you should get the next closest category for no additional charge. I had the same thing happen to me last year in SLC. Reserved a compact AWD SUV, and Avis ended up not having any in stock, and gave me the mid-szie SUV for no additonal cost.

But at least you had 15" of CO powder waiting for you. Sounds like you have quite decent conditions for snow in the East. We got zilch out here in the PNW. Have to go up to Whistler or out to Schweitzer/Interior BC for the goods.
snow report
@gortonator,

Brutal customer service. If you had a reservation that they were unable to fill, they should have been falling over themselves to keep you happy. Surely a bit of a rant down the phone will get this $400 refunded. Otherwise take to Twitter, Facebook, etc. and spread the word.
snow report
Thrify claimed that a compact SUV 'doesn't have to be AWD'. I argued for 20 minutes but with one person on the desk and an ever-growing line of poor folks behind me, I relented. I should send them a nastygram - damn work getting in the way!!

Did Crystal get washed away? I heard there was a Pineapple Express at weekend but it delivered in BC/Idaho. Even warmed up in CO by all accounts - it was chilly last weekend!
snow conditions
@gortonator The PNW took a good old shot from the Pineapple on Monday. Freeze level went to about 9,000 feet. Yesterday and today it's around 10k'. Might see some colder temps over the weekend. But not much precip. The polar vortex bringing snow, and cold to every where else is dropping in over N. Idaho, then seems to nudge itself fartehr East as you go South, so colder in Denver, than in the CO Front Range. Maybe it will sneak a bit farther West but need the HP off the Pacific to get broken down, or the Jet Stream to work itself South to let the cold seep into the PNW, and even NorCal.

I'm not getting much practice in for Lech, that's for dang sure. Riding a bike trainor and hitting the gym is not my idea of getting my ski legs! I have relatives coming in to town this weekend, so no trips for me to Schweitzer or even Whistler. Sad
latest report
Slight;y belated report/pics from Monarch and Copper last weekend. Monarch was a new one on me - great fun day. And the base at Copper is excellent. It's a good season in CO so far.

https://gortonator.wordpress.com/2015/01/10/colorado-skiing-contrasts-monarch-and-copper-mountain/
latest report
How are general conditions currently in CO? Will be in Breck in 10-days. Haven't seen much new snow arrive on the cams.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skidm wrote:
How are general conditions currently in CO? Will be in Breck in 10-days. Haven't seen much new snow arrive on the cams.

It's O.K. On average there's about 40" - 55" of snow at most locations. Here in Snowmass and the greater region while anyone would like more and there's been a warm front that is passing through, it's PP, to near Spring conditions (with no rock outcroppings) which are due to abate and return to slightly more wintery form. At night the temps are easily single digit Fahrenheit. Apparently B'ridge has done well with their combined snowmaking and the six storms that have occured this year and they have no snow problem. In other words they're not hurting. Word is a light snow shower or two are due over the next week.

You'll be just fine.

If you like to skate......................, B'ridge, above all Keystone have a superb outdoor facility for same.
snow conditions
Just what I wanted the hear! Thanks @equinoxranch.
ski holidays
@skidm,

Give me a direct e-mail shout at equinoxranch@msn.com I've got a great heads up for you while you're in B'ridge. You and yours deseve it.
latest report
Great conditions this week in Breckenridge. Anyone coming out this weekend is in for a treat, it's been snowing all day and is due to continue all weekend. Sadly we're driving back down to Denver tomorrow to fly home. Sad
ski holidays
will be in steamboat from 1st march to 8th and then snowmass from 8th to 14th march - anyone have any ideas what the long range forecast is for those resorts and dates?
been watching the cams at steamboat and they have had 15" over last 24 hours - looking forward to it. Very Happy

which are the best web sites for snow forecasts in colorado?
snow conditions
MogulMonkey wrote:
will be in steamboat from 1st march to 8th and then snowmass from 8th to 14th march - anyone have any ideas what the long range forecast is for those resorts and dates?
been watching the cams at steamboat and they have had 15" over last 24 hours - looking forward to it. Very Happy

which are the best web sites for snow forecasts in colorado?

Look no further than Joel Gratz @ open snow.com

Seems could be another system coming through next week. Might have to join you in Steamboat for a few days. The snow condition in the PNW have been painful.
latest report
is rabbit ears pass driveable with the 1-3" which is forecast for saturday - will have a full size SUV rental and hoping that it will be at least all wheel drive if not 4 wheel drive.
thnks
ski holidays
MogulMonkey wrote:
is rabbit ears pass driveable with the 1-3" which is forecast for saturday - will have a full size SUV rental and hoping that it will be at least all wheel drive if not 4 wheel drive.
thnks

The better question is, Can you drive a full size SUV in 1"-3" of snow? Could end up being more than that, but the CDOT generally does a decent job of keeping the roads clear. Enjoy all that snow coming this week, and maybe even next week.
latest report
No problem with the state's roads for the most part, they're more than adequately cleared and Rabbit Ears is an easy road both ways. What is a serious problem are the Colorado drivers........... Most Coloradans are illiterates and it shows amongst other places when behind the wheel combined with their penchant for speeding, tailgaiting. Enjoy Steamboat, the skiing is currently v. good.
ski holidays
Forecast calling for snow for the weekend, into first part of next week. Mostly a SW flow, so the Central and Southern resorts should do really well. Possiblitly of up to 5' of snow for Wolf Creek area over a 5 day period! Probably going to be a gong show there with the current hype for this storm.
latest report
Drove Denver to steamboat over rabbit ears last night with no problem got in at 10.30. Forecast seemed accurate with more snow in South. So for my route that was along 70 and then less snow along 9 and 40. Has been gentle flow of snow when I looked out the window but not amounted to much. Looking forward to enjoying the next week in steamboat and second week in snowmass.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy