Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sainte Foy 14/15

Poster: A snowHead
Only one run open. The Arpette.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well, i went up for a few laps today and i had a good time. The Arpettaz is in good nick, a bit variable near the cannons. Charmettes us pretty icy, but skiable. Combes is not open officially, but totally skiable and quite a few people on it, cutting back to the Arpettaz rather than over to Creux de Formeian.

Looking around cover is actually pretty good, doesn't look like we're too far short of opening. Chatted to heads of ski patrol and lift operations and official word is the same. Aiguille is good to go on the top half, lower half has some bare patches on windy spots - not much required to get it open.

Nice to be up the hill on a sunny day and good to see that it's not all doom and gloom up there. Lets hope the expected snow turns-up at the end of the week and we can get the season started properly.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the update @stevomcd, sounds pretty good, considering. Most forecasts are showing a good drop in temperatures towards the end of the week, too.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sounds quite promising. Friends out there at the mo said they were in la marquise for lunch, so assumed a bit more was skiable than officially opened.

Get the forecast snow later this week and NY is back in business.

Cheers for the update Stevo.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@stevomcd, thanks for update. Hope the top tuns open up for those out In Ste Foy over Christmas.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Chapelle run opened today. I wasn't up there, but my staff reckon it was skiing nicely. Bodes well for the opening of the Marquise as the Chapelle run uses the bottom of the Grand Soliet, which is often a bit tricky in poor snow conditions (partly south-facing and relatively low altitude @ ~1800m).
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@stevomcd, Do you know if they are now selling weeks passes? I've been considering pre-ordering our family week pass so as to avoid the queues on Sunday but am not sure whether we might be better going with day passes and travelling around. The family week pass gives a good discount but with only a few runs open it could get a bit limiting.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
They're now selling weekly passes - or at least, you can now buy a pass for the rest of the week, still at the discounted rate. I'm expecting the forecast snow to make a big difference, so it may well be business as usual by next week.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Briefest of updates - we got well over 50cm on Saturday, the game is changed, everything is open or will open once avalanche control, etc. is complete!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Fair play to the bloke who has managed to drive his Nissan GTR on slicks up to resort, saw it parked up near the venture ski chalets.

had a crazy weekend which finished at 9am this week delivering and fitting kids into their ski boots on the piste just before ski school started!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Temperatures have risen a bit so there's been some effect on the snow. Blues are pretty good. Reds are a bit thin. Blacks and off piste aren't really skiable. Maybe a bit of snow over the weekend which will help the pistes but it will take a lot more to get the blacks open and make off piste a safe option.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Good News , tonight's rain very brief almost straight to Snow , now settling at Station .
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Rob Mackley, good to hear. Thanks.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sorry back to rain , the rain/snow limit is yo yo ing around the station , will be snow not far above .
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hopefully rain below 1500m..... So tomorrow's drive down in problem free!!!!
latest report
Just driven to Chambery where we are staying overnight. Roads fine but horrid driving conditions with heavy rain all the way. Hopefully rain limit will stay low.
Good days skiing today as very quiet but conditions are getting a bit marginal to be honest, the higher temps over the last couple of days can't have helped. A lot of the runs are very thin, I'd recommend hiring skis or using your second best , all of ours took a real beating this week, l took mine in to be serviced today and hired for the day. Hopefully a quieter week and some snow tonight will help. The locals I spoke to felt another big snow fall will be needed to allow any meaningful off piste. We had a morning with q guide earlier in the week but he was scratching around to find anything.
@Maireadoconnor, I think I spoke to your hubby on a lift earlier in the week sharing stories of last weekends journey (a popular topic of conversation this week!) and I think you had a chat with my wife in the Etoile des Cimes spa a couple of days ago - hope you enjoy the rest of your stay.
snow report
Required tempreture fall didn't happen overnight, wet and damp at the station this morning , should have been plenty of new up high however , oh well home we go .
latest report
i hear sainte foy was on ski sunday tonight,did they show much Puzzled
snow report
@skiboy70, we saw Graham Bell and Ed Leigh filming off the side of the Marquise run on Monday, also saw Jenny Jones with them.
If it weren't for the horrible queues at Eurotunnel we might have got home in time to see it!
snow report
Was indeed nice and powdery at the top today and some gentle snow falling most of the day and also plenty of fog. A shame that the Arpettaz lift broke down early this afternoon though and was shut for the rest of the day. That meant the lower slopes were very busy! Hopefully open again tomorrow.

It 's been 2 years since we were here though and we are impressed by the new Grand Plan lift.

Currently snow making that we can see from our balcony window.
snow report
Was the second chair or chair to the top that was closed. ???
latest report
The second chair. Therefore could not get to the other higher chair lifts.
snow report
@philipb, aha! I figured that it was you that matwall was talking to, but I didn't realise I'd met your wife! My story of broken leg woe is quite memorable, I suppose. I hope she didn't have too many aches and pains after her fall. I've done something similar in the past; double eject and go flying down the hill on my front! Quite amusing for witnesses but not a whole lot of fun to have the starting role.

We're still out here, now with a bunch of our friends. Sad to say, Ste Foy is not showing her best. And yes, the second chair was a big problem today. Some of our lot walked across to the Marquise but it was a bit of an ordeal. Here's hoping they've fixed it by tomorrow or else there will be some annoyed people wanting their lift pass money back.
ski holidays
@Maireadoconnor, sounds like a day for skins and touring bindings! Hope they get it sorted.
Back home this evening to see Ste Foy taking a starring role in Ski Sunday!
snow conditions
Well they got the lift working and we had a fabulous day of skiing today. Blue skies and sun all day. Lots of lovely powder at the top of the Marquise and hardly anyone here. Bliss!
latest report
sounds great...very envious.......being in the office is no fun.

roll on April
snow report
Sounds like some bad news today, hopefully everyone is ok

http://www.ledauphine.com/savoie/2015/01/05/avalanche-a-sainte-foy-tarentaise
snow conditions
rough transalation

An avalanche took place at midday in Sainte-Foy-Tarentaise, this Monday, January 5, in off-road sector, triggered by a group of six people. The rescue operation, involving the PGHM and service of tracks of the station, was completed at 15.45 and allowed to hospitalize three injured, one seriously. The other three are free but in shock.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
wonder where that was........stevo will probably know more and hopefully can update later.
snow conditions
@stefoy4me, ditto.
latest report
Pedantica's group are ok...they were in tignes today
@Maireadoconnor, your group ok?
snow report
I believe the avalanche was on the Fogliettaz, but not on the North Face. Will add more when I find out!
ski holidays
The snow slide deployed approximately 13:30 on the north side of the Fogliettaz. The passage of skiers, a plate has visibly detached. Severely rushed, but not buried, skiers were able to extract and raised the alarm. Quickly, the men of the PGHM Bourg-Saint-Maurice, with the help of their colleagues Versoud Isère, were dispatched to the scene. Two helicopters were also there to support and especially to evacuate the victims. A total of five people, two are free, both are slightly injured (various wounds and broken leg), and finally a skier had to be stopped because of a blow to the vertebrae. All were hospitalized in Bourg.

from Google translate
http://france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr/alpes/2015/01/05/une-avalanche-blesse-des-skieurs-sainte-foy-tarentaise-en-savoie-624620.html
snow report
@holidayloverxx, thanks for posting that re Pedantica...a big relief...hope everyone is safe and sound.
latest report
Everyone in Mairead's group also OK. Very Happy
snow report
That's good news too.
snow conditions
@Pedantica, thanks
snow conditions
Yes, my group were mostly skiing in Tignes yesterday.

Jude1 and I were hiking in Ste Foy but we didn't see any signs of this. We must have just been finishing lunch. Didn't even hear the helicopters.

Glad they all seem to be ok.
ski holidays
Finally got out for a decent day's riding today, doing a few laps with our first BC Snowboard week of the season. It's certainly not vintage conditions out there, but we got some great powder turns in up the top (just watch out for the sharks circling...).

Pistes are pretty decent up top, the odd rock around. Down the bottom is quite variable, some stuff pretty icy and thin, other places not bad at all.

First Petit Col of the season:

EDIT: Apparently Facebook now hates me and I can't seem to post links to my Facebook photos here. I'm sure it is part of yet another dastardly world-domination scheme. The above pic is from Instagram, which seems to have worked OK, but it was a hassle to get the link. So, if you want to see the latest Sainte Foy photos/conditions either educate me in how to post a link to a Facebook photo or follow us on Facebook / Instagram!
snow report
gosh. If I had a broken leg I would count myself as a bit more than "slightly" injured..... Shocked

stay safe, folks.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy