Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Aldi ski gear arrives tomorrow, Thursday

Poster: A snowHead
https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/thursday-4-december/
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Great quality stuff. We've been bone dry after a day in really heavy snow and others moaning that they're soaked and cold in their Spyder gear Smile
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:
Great quality stuff
Not yet tried the ski gear - but mountain biking and hiking clobber and self-inflating camping mats (all at a fraction of the cost of branded stuff) have been well road-tested with excellent results.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yup - everything we've had has been excellent for the money, and lasted until bored with, rather than worn out!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I like the merino thermals, got some more today. I also got some gloves which will be good as a spare pair. I looked at the waterproofness of some of the jackets and trousers and they were all a max of 5000mm, something was 2000mm. I have no intention to buy them but that doesn't sound great, doesn't seem too bad for the price though. They go pretty quickly, I went about 3pm and there were hardly any of the merino thermals left, only a few large/extra larges of men and womens.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Went at lunchtime and mine was mobbed. It was like a jumble sale. Got a helmet for my daughter with a funky LED built in, some cheap socks for the kids and a ski suit for my 5 year old for £16. Can't go wrong at that price! Got myself their merino/silk socks which are excellent at £5 a pair.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
like alicie, I bought some merino thermals.......
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have been using the Aldi stuff for three years, it works well and I have never been cold or wet.

I bought a set yesterday. Jacket, trousers and gloves from the "pro" lite shell range all for under £90!

They fit great and look like they should have an expensive label on them.

I will just put the first set on a hanger in my ski room incase we have a guest who needs them.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Picked up some kids socks at £1.99 for 2 pairs and a gloss black kids goggles with amber double lens...both great value/quality. Smile
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I got a pair of Aldi salopettes about five years ago for £9. They are still going strong.......although a bit slack around the waist..... NehNeh
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Had a look in yesterday although I didn't have any money on me at the time. Was thinking of getting some merino thermals, glad to hear they are good Smile
Anyone tried the adults goggles? They're very cheap so I wonder what the quality is like.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
iMacThere4iAm, The merino thermals are very good, kept me warm today.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Have had 5 trips to Aldi over the weekend to 4 different branches to try to get hold of some salopettes for my partner. Sadly none of the branches had them in his size Sad Picked up some socks for him & some mittens for myself though, so not completely wasted trips.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
iMacThere4iAm wrote:
Anyone tried the adults goggles? They're very cheap so I wonder what the quality is like.

I bought some Oakley goggles a couple of weeks ago, sale price £75.00. They are poly/plastic frame, twin yellow lense (permisson). They are comfy and intensify colours nicely but I wouldn't think they cost more than 50p to produce.
Point being that the Aldi goggles are probably as good for a tenner and they still have a nice mark up..

which makes me look a complete idiot Wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Popped into Aldi on Thursday, I was impressed with the look of this kit, mine is old and no longer waterproof so I got a jacket & sallopettes.
Was impressed with the jacket, nice pockets, a decent waist bund and long cuffs in the sleeves.
Got home an put the receipt up safe and later in the evening tried it all on, the wife checked the receipt ... 2 pairs of £16.99 salopettes !! they didn;t swipe the jacket, they just swiped the salopettes - twice !! no wonder it felt cheap...

The wife was impressed so went later to Aldi herself and go a really nice jacket - black with green flashing - really swish..

I am a convert to Aldi and will pop in more often...
ski holidays
+1 for all the comments re merino baselayers - have bought quite a few over the last
few years, and all still giving sterling service. It is a bit of a scrum to get them though,
especially the non-"pro" stuff
snow conditions
I went to the local Aldi and they still had some of the cycling merino baselayers left at half price look the same as the ski stuff just need to dig deep in the clearance section worth a try
ski holidays
Our local Aldi got broken into last night.
Apparently all the Christmas cakes were stollen.

Merry Christmas everyone.
ski holidays
@sequoiaboard, Laughing
snow report
@sequoiaboard, hehe Very Happy

Lidl had some skiing odds and ends when I popped in today, the goggles looked better than the Aldi ones so for £7.99 I got another pair. Will test them next month and review afterwards.
snow report
skiluvva wrote:
Great quality stuff. We've been bone dry after a day in really heavy snow and others moaning that they're soaked and cold in their Spyder gear Smile

then it's fake Spyder gear, worth the money for genuine, no, but you'd never get wet in the genuine stuff.
snow report
We had some freezing-fog conditions and heavy snowfall in the 3 Vallées earlier this week, all my buddies spent the day moaning about their steamed up or frozen £100 goggles but my £7.99 Lidl pair were perfect - comfortable fit, clear vision and not a trace of steaming. They even look good! If I have any criticism it's that the snazzy rainbow mirror coating picks up fingerprints very easily. To clean the lenses I can recommend Lidl's disposable spectacle wipes (£1 for 50) snowHead
The neutral tint on mine is excellent in sunny weather but doesn't help to enhance the shadows in flat lighting conditions. For less than the price of a mountain beer, I'd just get an amber tinted second pair for those days.
snow report
Not to mention the Merino wool base layers, keeping me warm, dry and moderately fragrant despite a couple of days' wear.
ski holidays
Standee wrote:
skiluvva wrote:

then it's fake Spyder gear, worth the money for genuine, no, but you'd never get wet in the genuine stuff.

So true, bone dry and warm.
ski holidays
Picked up a jacket at the weekend as a 'spare' reduced to £9.99 due to end of season (!)

Looks OK and very comfortable / lightweight - at that price couldn't say no! Will test drive in March and report back
ski holidays
Our local shop was having a weekend clearance sale when I went to do the weekly shop today. Lots of ski leftovers at silly prices, and I licked up Merino top and bottoms - priced £10.99, crossed out and replaced with £6.99, crossed out and replaced with £5.99 - and when I got to the till they had been priced wrong - actually £3.99 each! They aren't as good as Icebreaker or Smartwool, but they are one tenth the price!
snow report
Picked up a pair of soft shell pants yesterday £8.99 Very Happy
ski holidays
Nothing wrong with Aldi merino or softshell, I've been using them for years everywhere from Scotland to above 3000m in the Alps and they have performed every bit as much more expensive stuff I own.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Picked up on Saturday, from the Clearance section in our Aldi - salopettes for my 15 year-old son (who, for the past 4/5 years has managed to get one week out of his ski gear before outgrowing it....) - original price was £29.99 which already isn't bad for the quality, but paid the princely sum of £3.49 Very Happy They'll fit him next year, unless he insists on outstripping all earlier growth spurts, in which case, they'll go on Ebay!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy