Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Swimming pool in La Plagne

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are considering spending New Years week in la Plagne as my other half is a mad keen skier but I may not be able to ski that much as I'm still recovering from an operation. So I may be looking for some non-skiing activities. Does anyone know if there is a decent public swimming pool and/or gym facilities please? Thanks in advance.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@skibunny1968, there is a public swimming pool in Plagne Bellecote - at least part is outdoor. Not actually used it myself so can't say if it is decent or not. Some sH will know. snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Also in Plagne 1800, from memory its also outdoor
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@skibunny1968, there's a pool in Montchavin, one of the La Plagne villages. They run a number of classes like aqua aerobics and aqua biking. You can get an all-access pass for a week which cost £99 last year. Only the inside bit is open in winter.
http://www.espace-paradisio.com/

It would only be practical if you stayed in Montchavin as a base for your husband to ski La Plagne as you can't easily get from Montchavin to Plagne Centre/Bellecote etc unless on skis.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The pool in Bellecote is fine for swimming lengths and it's a really nice experience being outside in a heated pool in the snow, especially on a snowy day with flakes falling etc. But, it isn't a luxury-spa type pool - think more municipal pool type facilities, changing rooms etc. Only a few euros a time.

There is also a sauna/massage/spa place in Plagne Centre but it doesn't have a pool.

For gyms there is one in Plagne Centre and one in Belle Plagne - neither are amazing but both would be fine for a work out. There are also plenty of walking trails, snow shoeing etc etc available which might be good depending on how you're feeling.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There is also a Spa/massage/turkish bath/sauna place in Belle Plagne. And the Chalet Balcons up there has a small indoor pool - not sure if that is open to the public though or guests only?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thank you all, looks like there are some good options then. Useful also to know that there are walking routes - which we might both be doing at this rate, given the current lack of snow! Sad
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The open air pool in Plagne bellecote looked very inviting when we skied past it in April. The architecture of Plagne Bellecote is ugly though. If you haven't yet booked accommodation have a look at GGH Residence les granges du soleil. I have stayed in similar apartments in other resorts and they always have lovely pools, spas etc. They also have gyms. However check the pool opening times as they probably aren't open all day.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skibunny1968, Hotel Carlina has its own pool spa etc which is open to the public...at a cost.
http://www.carlina-belleplagne.com/spa.php
as does Hotet AraucariaPlagne Centre
http://www.araucaria-hotel.com/en/relaxation-araucaria.html
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If you can stretch to it, boredsurfin's suggestion of the Carlina is sound - fabulous place, although it is a bit of a hike uphill into the village centre.

The Chalet Balcons, as mentioned, does have a pool and I think it is able to be used by other TO guests who may in adjacent buildings.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cacciatore wrote:
If you can stretch to it...
And remember that your cossy must be stretchy and skin tight - no baggy shorts in pools in France.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy