Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Grolle

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@pam w, it's really hot! And very strong too.

I think I would just buy an 8 spout one if I got one, rare we'd have more than 8 people for dinner.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@pam w, what's a little herpes amongst friends? wink. It is usually pretty hot though..
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Hells Bells, as you say, something like (epidemiology results vary) 95-75% are carriers/infected (which probably means 100% with some occlusion...

Rock on. ...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
They are definitely one of those things that seem like a good idea when you are on holiday but don't translate to being back at home. The list includes: drinks that taste of banana, pastis, bombardinos, sombreros, etc
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Tiger2, I'd agree entirely there with one exception, although bombardinos are bleeeeugh in any location . I am rather fond of an occasional shot of genepi.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I got one as a wedding present. It's seen more use as an ornament, but we did get it out recently when my brother-in-law and his new fiancé came to visit.

@pam w, funnily enough it was a present from some French friends who are multi-generation Beaufortain locals! (from Areches).
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hells Bells wrote:
I am rather fond of an occasional shot of genepi.

??

Shocked Shocked

wink Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Hells Bells, genepi, poire, prune, whatever, all good. Not necessarily in that order
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ahhhh....pruneaux....vile, yet oddly rather pleasing (after the first 3 or 4).
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hells Bells wrote:
can't say I've ever seen one in Serre Che though.

Now when I know it, it is much easier to spot it - usualy is sits somewhere high on the shelf and it looks like a decoration. It is of course mentioned on menius but without knowing what it is most people usualy go with what they know or had before. I was doing the same, but then one day I asked what groll is and the reaction of a waiter told it all - he looked at me and said 'grolle, you do not know what it is?', he then mumbled about owner's special receipe and that only the owner serves it ... this caught our attention (it was theartic, I know, but I liked it). It was really cool inhaling that wonderfull vapour of 7 different acohols with coffee in a burned and well used grolle ... Smile

Me too, I leave it for holidays only as at home it would not feel the same. Also internet recepies say that you could do that with genepi only - not sure if that would be OK, as in Vieille Crepperie in Meribel Mottarer I also counted 5 different bottles of alcohol and then something else used in preparation.

The only disapointment I have is that I did not ask what grolle was on my first ski trip Blush
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@mooney058, not even on a menu, but then we are in Provence not Savoie.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
My first was in the choucas bar in Chamonix back in the 80s ... Still have my four spouter .. Hot Coffee, genepe, grappa and sugar ... floor...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy