Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Should I be getting worried?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We have booked a cheeky trip to Austria on 11 December. We will be staying near Saalbach but the webcams are showing no snow and temperatures until Saturday are about 8 degrees. Should we be getting worried or will it all sort itself out?

We will have a car so what will be the best resorts to drive to if there is no snow lower down?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ah the famous "should I be getting worried" bot has booted up. Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The forecast for the coming week doesn't look good anywhere in the Alps, but as you're going to the Saalbach/Zell am See area, you'll be able to ski the Kitzsteinhorn glacier, which is located just past Kaprun. About a 30 minute drive from Saalbach. When you buy your lift ticket, if you are going to spend a day or two there, then consider buying a Ski Alpin card (rather than the S-H card) which covers Kitzsteinhorn, Kaprun, Zell am See, Saalbach, Hinterglemm and Leogang.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 25-11-14 15:39; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Same question. Going to Tignes this Saturday with hire car from GVA. I know the glacier will be ok, but not much fun if that's all there is. Zermatt? Anywhere else closer with good snow at the moment?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Val Thorens is open so it's always an option...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Finally...

http://youtube.com/v/p4m-lNi61Rk
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@davidof, I've noticed that too!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
SCollier1, it is cold out here and getting colder. The farmers around here reckon to kiss the Föhn conditions that have prevailed for so long goodbye over the weekend. Then everything heads towards winter - Frau Hölle will be shaking out her pillows and duvets as of next week. This is the 16 day forecast for my village from today:
http://www.wetter.com/wetter_aktuell/wettervorhersage/16_tagesvorhersage/?id=DE0009211

Tuesday sees the beginning, but for me the telling stuff is the way the temperatures are finally dropping below 0°C during the day as well. The ground is already pretty cold so any snow that falls will stay! BTW we are at a mere 800m asl, Saalbach is around 1000m if I remember correctly.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I always worry about the snow ether too little or too much
If the snows already there I worry that it will melt or be blizzards all week
All part of the fun
Always had a great time when we get there Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
booking early season is always a gamble, make the most of whatever you find.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The season in Saalbach officially starts a week before your holiday, so as long as there are a few below zero days (even if there is no real snow) there will be enough artificial stuff to keep you busy. I'm off to Kaprun tomorrow - if there's no snow in Saalbach b y the 11th you could head down to Kaprun, so you'll be able to ski whatever.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy