Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix 2014/2015

Poster: A snowHead
No real snow over the weekend, and the town was quiet, but it was great to be back and catch up with a few people Smile Courmayeur opening for this past weekend was cancelled. But it's only the start of December, nothing to worry about! Hopefully some snow coming this week Smile
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bezthespaniard wrote:
Update guys?

great mountain biking this past weekend!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That isn't comforting... ha Mad
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
There, there, @bezthespaniard, it'll be fine. Won't hurt hardly a bit.

More comforting?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.

According to these ensembles, it's going to be cold enough, just need some precipitation. I'm confident it will be ok for opening day.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
hi guys, how does it look like? I am thinking if it's worth spending a day in Cham on Sunday this week. Any information on what's open and on how much snow there is (offpiste in particular) would be greatly appreciated!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@irbis, i don't think anything will be open in Cham.

Courmayeur maybe. We're heading to Champoluc.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm planning on hiking and drinking this weekend. From what I've seen it'll be very limited opening in Courmayeur, so I'm not sure it's worth it.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@fixx, champoluc will be though snowHead

Anyway, always worth it for steaks at the Sapin he he he.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@under a new name, I've never actually been to Champoluc - how long is the drive from Cham? We might be tempted...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@fixx, umm, 1hr30? Easy enough for a day. Cams today suggest snowline just above main uplift but higher runs look good.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Time to get to Champoluc depends a lot on whether there is a queue for Mont B tunnel. If no queue and all goes well 90 minutes.

Monte Rosa webcams looked good above 2000m today with snow forecast for coming days
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Juddernaut, shouldn't be a queue this weekend.

Famous last words.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.

It's harding up for a bit of a dump around the 13th. Still a bit of water to go under the bridge but I'm feeling happier. That looks like a foot to me Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Any snow?
snow report
@bezthespaniard, forecast.
snow report
Cham meteo
"OVERNIGHT
Mainly cloudy ‑ snow showers
SKY CONDITION : mostly cloudy to overcast.
PRECIPITATION : light snow showers ‑ locally moderate towards the latter part of the night ‑ rain‑snow limit dropping towards 600 m ‑ expected snow depth towards 1500 m : 10‑20 cm.
WIND - aloft : W moderate ‑> variable ‑> NNE light.
TEMPERATURE : low ‑3°C."

It's started.
ski holidays
Let it snow , let it snow , let it snow Toofy Grin Smile
latest report
@jbob, that's a very welcome forecast. snowHead
ski holidays

It's happening up there.
ski holidays
YAY
snow report
A nice blanket of snow, on a crunchy base layer down here in Les Houches this morning.
snow conditions
Compagnie du Mont Blanc are taking a call tomorrow (Thursday) night as to whether open Grands Montets (at least partially).

If (fingers crossed) they do, they will at the same time inaugurate the new Plan Joran bubble snowHead
latest report
Chamonix.com says only 2 uplifts from Argentiere and Bochard bubble *might* open on sat, everything else confirmed closed until 20th.

Am in town for 2 days Sat and Sun Sad Have done some research and i've got: Courmayeur closed, La Thuile only 3 lifts from Sat, whole PdS closed, Evasion Mont Blanc closed!! Anyone got any recommendations of where else to go? (we have a car)

Specifically does anyone have a link for more info on Verbier? Can see they've got 7 lifts (5 slopes) open currently but is that just several massive uplifts and one or 2 high chairs? (a la GM) Will more be open Sat? but is it worth the schlep and can we park easily there?

Talking of schleps, Cervinia seems to have everything open but has anyone actually done the drive from Cham? Assume we'll have to get there very early - any view on just how busy it'll be if it's the only place open in the whole central alpine region!!

Many thanks for any info - if all else fails we'll just be boozing all w/e but not sure my liver can take that Smile
snow conditions
@jma, I'd maybe head for Gressoney, about 1hr30 from Cham - maybe a little further - (unless Monterosa get the Frachey side open, either directly from funicular or more ideally from Champoluc). I think Champoluc is a very slightly shorter drive.
latest report
@jma,
Drive to Cervinia is a doddle. Just back from Cervinia, all good, snow down to village
snow report
@jma, don't know where you got your PDS information...

per Avoriaz website, at least partial opening tomorrow...
ski holidays
@jma, where did you hear Courmayeur would be closed too? Their website says they will open on Saturday (not everything, but some of the area), and given how much they've been running the cannons this week, it certainly looks like that is the plan.

Edit: nevermind, just saw on their facebook page they have indeed again delayed the opening until the 20th, just not updated their website yet Sad

And yep, as @under a new name says - Avoriaz has limited opening from tomorrow, and discounted day passes (19.50eur).
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Looks as though 20th is now the target date, per updates shown on CMB website.
snow report
Re Avoriaz. Only the Arare opening this weekend and tickets are €10
snow conditions
I've been pretty chilled about the lack of snow so far, but now I'm getting really annoyed! I neeeeeed to get back on my skis.

Early start on Saturday it is then for Verbier, then back to Cham for lots of drinking Saturday night, and Sunday can just be a hungover haze Toofy Grin NehNeh
snow conditions
@jma, parking in Verbier is easy enough - just get there earlyish and park in le Chable by the lift.

You will have to take several lifts up to get to the snow, but reports back from friends last weekend were pretty favourable - they had a fun day. It won't be miles and miles of skiing, but enough to stretch the legs for sure.
ski holidays
Was wondering if we could go to chamonix this weekend but looks like its ValThorens again as Flaine has postponed.
ski holidays
Thanks all - Defo going to have to drive somewhere as I see now nothing in Cham open this weekend Sad (except the bars of course Smile )

@fixx, I didn't look at the Courmayeur website, their webcam was enough to know nothing's opening there - most of plan checrout mud and grass! (and the queue for the Youla is bad enough on a good day, let alone if it was the only lift running!!)

Ah well, c'est la vie - our group is split about an early start (reckon leaving c.6.30am?) to get to Cervinia, or staying in bed all morning and going drinking!
ski holidays
Will be driving to Chamonix one week from today. Blizzards and hazardous driving conditions welcome!
snow report
@jma, Verbier is an easy and scenic drive from Chamonix in about an hour. Free parking at the bottom of the valley in La Chabe with direct access to verbier and the lifts via a gondola. There has been skiing all this week according to The Warren Smith Academy. Check the road conditions before you set off as it's over two passes.
snow conditions
Many thanks, jbob. Forecast looking fairly ropey for Cervinia for Sat anyway so Verbier looking more likely, where the resort Forecast is clear blue skies.... Various other (more credible) models are predicting some snow... We'll see.
latest report
Awesome day in Cervinia. Easy drive just under 2 hours. Not too busy and pistes in fantastic condition!
snow report
@jma, glad you had a good day!

My lot went over to Verbier today and we really enjoyed it (easily did it in 1hour, even with my slow driving!) - they've opened a lot more for this weekend. So if you're looking for another ski day tomorrow I'd recommend it.
ski holidays
@fixx, nice one, we were going to head there tomorrow anyway, and your positive report is the icing on the cake!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy