Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix 2014/2015

Poster: A snowHead
@ajc2260626, try Hotel Slalom bar near the Bellevue lift. English operators.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Headed up to Brevent this morning - what a brilliant morning!

Easily beat the crowds, had a couple of nice warm up runs on nice grippy snow and wide empty pistes. The Cornu lift wasn't running when we tried it, so we took the low route over to Flegere just to get some travel in. Again, great piste skiing all the way. Index was running at flegere, so popped up there, and did two runs down what will be the 'pic janvier' black run - at the minute it's just an off-piste type slope, no markings or anything. But the snow was soft, deep and fantastic, a real pleasure. And when I say deep, it was easily thigh deep in places, as I discovered when a submerged rock sharked me and took a ski off rolling eyes Yes, you do still have to be careful of rocks.

Once it started getting busier we headed back towards Brevent and attempted the Cornu run - but it was mogulled (fine for me), rocks coming through, and just far, far too many people on it. Called it a day after that, knowing we'd had a really good morning.

I can't wait for Saturday/Sunday once the crowds leave!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Vallee Blanche is not 'in' at the moment, Decended from the Midi via a mixture Moyen and Grand Envers yesterday with OliC, Voie Touristique has some un naviagble sections at the moment!

https://www.facebook.com/thomas.greenall.1/media_set?set=a.10152975008977174.511777173&type=3

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 30-12-14 18:33; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
fixx great that you finally had a great day in Cham... just don't use up all my snow! NehNeh
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Idris, your story isn't made public, so we can't read it if we're not on facebook (the royal "we", that is).
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes, very interested to hear some reports from up the Midi.

This morning was spent off Brevent's top bin. Couple of laps of the Demi-Lune. Access was harder than usual and involved trudging through chest deep, extremely light snow. They had the avi level at 4 but we dug a few pits and things seemed stable.

snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Fergus, great pics! Must have been pretty cold up there if the skier was wearing a down jacket Shocked
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I had a pretty good day at Le Tour with my kids of various ages (4, 7, 10) today. A little icy in patches, and windy but no complaints.

Will try Brevent tomorrow, but we were late today and weren't even allowed up the hill in car. What time do we need to be up tomorrow to be sure?

Crowds and traffic mad at the moment, so I've down the only sensible thing and cancelled my flight home to get some decent skiing at weekend and next week, but my wife and kids are still leaving on Friday! Let's hope more snow arrives as suggested on Sat/Sun.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Zero_G wrote:
Fergus, great pics! Must have been pretty cold up there if the skier was wearing a down jacket Shocked

It was chilly, but I ski in that jacket quite often. It's pretty thin and matches my pants Razz
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Zero_G, Try this

https://www.facebook.com/thomas.greenall.1/media_set?set=a.10152975008977174.511777173&type=3

All permissions set to Public
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Brevent good for me today as well , great laps off Cornu , off piste interesting in afternoon to say the least , finished off rock hopping down Nantes to avoid massive down load queue , day off in courmayor with oh tomoz then hopefully sunny final day on the GM
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
https://500px.com/photo/94171511/fresh-powder-by-mclellan?from=user_library

Another photo from yesterday. Skier: Fergus
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
GregorMcL, fab action shot Cool Please, do keep posting more pics!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks @zero_g I will do
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
If anyone is planning on doing anything cool drop me an email and if I'm free I'll come take some pictures for you for free! My email is gregor.mclellan@hotmail.co.uk Cheers
ski holidays
@GregorMcL, that's one great photo. Have you sent it to whitedot?
latest report
@jbob, Thanks no but that's a good idea!
ski holidays
I'm coming Saturday yay
ski holidays
@bezthespaniard, start practicing that pole clicking... Wink
snow report
I will just shout loud
snow conditions
I was planning to head down to Argentiere/Chamonix for a week beginning 24th Jan. I hope there will be a sufficient snow cover to ensure good off piste conditions by then. This recent rise in temperatures is worrying me a bit though... Puzzled
snow report
@GregorMcL & @jbob, it is indeed a great shot and I have already sent the link to our media guy to have a gander, but as I commented to him when I sent the link I'm afraid the bases show our old branding. Still it goes to show the Redeemers can take the hammer over a good few years.
latest report
A slight topic diversion...I'm in Chamonix on and off all winter this year. Is there somewhere I can rent demo Whitedots?
Thanks
snow conditions
@footsoldier, @midgetbiker, is the man to speak to. I know there is a shop in La Praz in the middle of the Main Street that will do them.
snow conditions
jbob wrote:
@footsoldier, @midgetbiker, is the man to speak to. I know there is a shop in La Praz in the middle of the Main Street that will do them.

Echo Base they also stock some of my skis Wink
ski holidays
@Idris, it's one of my goals this season to get on some of your beautiful skis, I did see you once at GM but couldn't stop to chat or try some on, are you doing any demo days this year?
latest report
Thanks - as soon as it stops raining and starts snowing I'll try both Whitedots and Idris. I've been on https://www.skilogik.com/ for the last couple of years.
ski holidays
Snowed today at Brevent with ok visibility and got better this afternoon.

Nice piste conditions too.

Le Tour tomorrow with sun sun sun

Dropping colder in town
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
does anyone know if the tabe, pendant and plan roujon lifts have pass detectors this year? quick training run used to be to skin up from levancher, up the pendant and down pierre a ric. Is this still possible without buzzing a pass?
snow conditions
I don't think anything's changed on Tabe or Pendant but Plan Joran is now a brand spanking new telecabine and I can't believe that won't have detectors...
snow conditions
It has defectors
snow report
Which weather forecasting websites/apps do you guys/girls use for Chamonix? I'd appreciate some recommendations. Cheers!
ski holidays
http://chamonix-meteo.com/chamonix-mont-blanc/weather/
snow conditions
Quote:

http://chamonix-meteo.com/chamonix-mont-blanc/weather/

Thanks fixx. Btw, is onthesnow.co.uk considered to be any good?
snow report
Gloriously sunny day today! Conditions at GM were nowhere near as dire as I'd been expecting. There were a few patches of ice here and there but the pistes were skiable if hard as concrete and the off piste retaining a modicum of softness along with a good smattering of visible rocks. Desperately need a good snowfall though.
ski holidays
@Zero_G, glad to hear it. I'll be back on Thursday for a bit of a ski on Friday, so I'm relying on you to find the best area Smile

@coolbeanz, I wouldn't consider it, or any others to be as good as Chamonix-Meteo. Those guys are based in the valley, focusing only on Cham, and with years and years of experience. Onthesnow would be too generic for me.
snow report
fixx, if it doesn't bloody snow in the next few days I'm going to have to rent skinny skis. The Cham wigglies are showing an indication of snowfall from Friday for about a week. Here's hoping.
snow report
@Zero_G, you don't want skinny skis, you want full-on SLs. Srsly.
snow conditions
GregorMcL wrote:
https://500px.com/photo/94171511/fresh-powder-by-mclellan?from=user_library

Another photo from yesterday. Skier: Fergus

Amazing photography dude - you have a gift.
snow report
under a new name wrote:
@Zero_G, you don't want skinny skis, you want full-on SLs. Srsly.

I've just finished the edges on my Stockli SLs which are coming out tomorrow for first time in two years!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy