Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Amadé and Salzburg Super Ski - Snow Reports 2014 - 15

Poster: A snowHead
@holidayloverxx, thanks, hopefully one of these years we'll be there at the same time!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@queen bodecia, have fun.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@queen bodecia, have a great trip.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@sharon1953, @Pedantica, thanks both. Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Scarpa, I agree, it hasn't really felt all that cold. Mind you my thermostat is defective and I get all hot and bothered with any physical exertion no matter what the temperature.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@queen bodecia, awesome day again at my favourite little resort ( you know where ) . See you tomorrow (are you skiing tomorrow ?)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@sharon1953, that will be night time temperatures if at all!

You need a fairly stable long-standing high pressure zone for that kind of temperature in the day time and we have not had one of those for quite a while. Lots of nice convergence zones and fronts sweeping across either containing moisture or meeting moist air and dumping over us. Toofy Grin Toofy Grin My car was "frosted" last night as the current bands of snow have missed my little corner but we still have a good 30cms of snow depth at out measly low lying valley wink Digging it out though yesterday was fun - not Evil or Very Mad There are times when you can get sick and tired of it snowing every blooming night, meaning you have to be up and out there shovelling the path clear before 07:00am snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Timberwolf, yes!! At the airport now. I'm guessing you were up at fageralm today!?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@queen bodecia, Have a good one. Leave some for us Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@bobbev999, me too, have only worn a thin base and shell so far this season.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Can you all please stop enjoying the snow and post some pictures??! Very Happy

Want to see what in I'm looking forward to next week! Laughing
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@joe1978, I have a few piccies on my blog (http://silverskier.wordpress.com/) but nothing from the last few days but rest assured there is snow aplenty!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much

Well if you insist Wink this was Wednesday in Dachstein
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.

Yep, definitely snow aplenty! And even more has fallen since that pic Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Oh my!!!!
snow report
Not sure whether to post this here or start a new thread, but I know there are quite a few snowheads based around the Radstadt area and I was wondering if I could pick you brains a bit please?

I've recently been finding my mind drifting towards my plans for next season (I know this one is no where near over yet!). I'm currently working for a ski school in Obertauern, and whilst I'm enjoying my job and the ski area, I'm finding my accom a bit too quiet and remote as I'm down the valley towards Mauterndorf, and I'm not sure being in Obertauern itself would solve that either, especially as I like to get out a bit and explore on my day off. I'm considering looking for a room/apartment to rent for next season and was thinking of Radstadt as Obertauern is easily accessible by bus, and there are rail/bus connections to other resorts so I can explore more (I'd buy a SSS pass). Just wondering what Radstadt is like to live/socilalise in an evening, how readily available seasonal accommodation is and what the chances are of being able to pick up odd bits of work here and there to supplement income? Thanks.
latest report
@Kooky, let me know a good day for you to meet up? Snowing like mad today Very Happy
snow report
@Sitter, Flangesax is the resident Radstadt expert but I have been based there for the past two winters. It's not a hugely lively area at night, but between it and Altenmarkt (which is only a 35 - 45 minute walk away) there are several bars, one in Rad is a bit of a club type with plenty of music, and one small one in Altenmarkt is alway lively late at night and has a few events on. Flachau has more of an Apres scene and that is only a few miles away.

I love living in the area though, it's a great central location.
ski holidays
@Sitter, not spent a season there, but would imagine there is more going on in Radstadt/Altenmarkt than Mautendorf? Also a good pool/spa in Altenmarkt. http://www.thermeamade.at/en/
latest report
Thanks for the info, not oaky worried about it being lively, so long as there's a bar a short walk away that I can sit and have a quiet beer or two and a chat. I'm not actually living in Mauterndorf, not quite that far down the valley, I'm in the middle of nowhere outside Tweng. I've been to one of the hotels there the odd time, but it's not the same and I don't like walking along the road too much, especially at night/when it's dark. I also figured that being in Radstadt would open up options for day trips to eg Salzburg by train, it's doable from here, but very restricted given bus times between Radstadt and Mauterndorf.
ski holidays
Another fantastic week here, conditions are about as perfect as could be, we've had fresh snow and blue skies, it's been snowing all afternoon and forecast shows lots more snow to come at the weekend, for those heading out next week you are going to have it as good, blue skies predicted for you too, enjoy snowHead
snow report
@feefee, oops, sorry didn't see your message above Embarassed are you still here Sunday?

@Sitter, stay away from that bar @Scarpa, mentioned in Altenmarkt, bad things happen there. Bad, bad things wink

Radstadt is a really lovely place to do a season, the locals are lovely Madeye-Smiley (well....some of them Wink )
snow report
I'm off in the morning to Schladming. Packing the emergency food instead of another crystal transfer fiasco. Cool

Can't wait!!
snow conditions
@Kooky, sorry no we are home now Sad next time I'll be more organised!
ski holidays
If the rest of the area is getting the snow we are, it's gonna be good. Most lifts here in Obertauern were closed, a lunch time just Edelweiss and two t-bars were open (forget which ones). Very windy but spent the afternoon lapping the red at the top of the Edelweiss lift with my group which had knee deep powder on it, and very few people.
snow report
Most lifts on hochwurzen closed this morning.
Had a bit of lunch then was about to go home then they reopened the gondola and had freshies all afternoon. Awesome. Sometimes it pays to be patient! Ps very impressed so far with the Schladming area.
ski holidays
Just back from another fabulous long week in Ski Amadé. Conditions are pretty much perfect, it's been a generally cold week and yesterday it started snowing heavily again (judging by the webcams that's the same story today).

Huge thanks to the wonderful Samerberg Sue, my partner in crime! And also to Kooky, Scarpa, flangesax, bobbev and Timberwolf. It's been a week with a few firsts for me, including skiing at Dachstein West and Filzmoos, two new areas to add to my repertoire, plus an introduction to touring for the fabulous Forstau full moon tour.

Can't wait to do it all again in six weeks... snowHead snowHead snowHead Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
@queen bodecia, Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@queen bodecia, glad you got back safely given all the snow that was falling yesterday. Really nice to meet up with you and looking forward to skiing with you again in March.
ski holidays
queen bodecia, partner in crime?? What crime? wink The only one I can think of is the crime that we both have to bloody return to work rolling eyes Embarassed Evil or Very Mad Laughing Laughing

The deadly Altenmarkt/Radstadt virus finally pulled me down overnight and as a result I'm on Home Office this week as my voice is gone completely. I didn't realise until I called someone at work and only a squeak came out, then a comment like "Is that really you Sue?" from my colleague.

bobbev999 I'll be in touch about coming over to ski with you somewhere in the area again, but I doubt it will be this week some how! Sad
snow report
@Samerberg Sue, hope you feel better soon, nice that you can work from home this week and recover. I'm currently unpacking a mass of smelly ski socks, thankfully the patched up bag made it home intact. It's a lovely day here, sunny and +8º which feels quite tropical!

I did well to avoid the Amadé virus, I think Vicks First Defence has done its job again.
ski holidays
@queen bodecia, its still snowing - hubby on driveway clearance no 3! Ange x
ski holidays
it was pi§§ING with rain when I left Salzburg after work, I hope to hell its not getting warm here.
Looks like an epic powder day tomorrow if anyone wants to hook up with Scarpa and me we are first lifting at Zauchensee and heading for the Garden as that lift has been shut the last 2 days.......wooohhooo GET IN!

@queen bodecia, it was great to take your tour virginity! If you fancy another go at it remember its all do-able any night, not just Full Moon!
latest report
@Kooky, rain doesn't sound good, hopefully just in the city. Love to join you tomorrow but busy earning ski credits Be careful out there tomorrow, avi risk going to 4 and if it warms rapidly than well dodgy until it settles down.
latest report
@waynos, yep I know. It was 7 degrees when I left, get those credits in and don´t go out to Post Offices in Luton, I have heard they look a bit dodgy Twisted Evil
snow report
Kooky / Flangesax. Our annual school ski trip arrives in Altenmarkt on Saturday (80 kids and 8 staff). We stay at the Ennshof and have been doing so for the past 8 years because the area provides our groups with just the sort of challenge they need. Reading through this thread it looks like we are going to be greeted with some outstanding snow conditions ? We tend to ski Eben day 1, Altenmarkt/Radstadt day 2, Zauchensee day 3, Forstau day 4, Eben (for our race) day 5 and Altenmarkt/Radstadt day 6. Thanks for the continual updates..... can't wait.
snow report
@burkeyblue, hi! My neighbor works at the Ennshof, its a great place!
Yep the snow has finally eased off and looking at the forecast the next 9 days will see quite a bit of sunshine Madeye-Smiley

http://www.bergfex.at/radstadt-altenmarkt/wetter/berg/
ski holidays
@Kooky, Back on Thursday Very Happy ............... beware, all of Timberwolf boys now have fancy dress to ski in Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
@Timberwolf, Madeye-Smiley Cant wait! I am dressed as a Mexican this year, anyone know how I can get my sombrero to stick to my helmet Puzzled Actually, don't answer that Wink

So, the snow today was rather odd. Scarpa and me raced up to Zauchensee in eager anticipation of another epic powder day but it was pretty tiring.
Quite crusty and wind blown, and heavy,also very busy in places where so many had gone off piste in the Garden area we had to wait to ski through the gullies! We found a great part over behind the back of the Rauchkopfhutte where we had to boot pack up to a high ridge ,that was relatively untracked and had a good few runs but Waynos if you are reading this, there was no need to be jealous!
The resort itself is still quieter than usual, temps are supposed to be rising but its still around zero so the pistes are keeping well in shape. Anyone out here this coming week will have great conditions indeed.
ski holidays
@Kooky, Zauch is too well known. Head over the border to Shladders. Shame the snow was a bit worked over, looks like some good touring weather coming and hopefully some new snow next weekend for my arrival.

A cool photo of a friends 14yo jumping their driveway this morning. @Kooky, I think LB had his hand in this jump & spot the advertising.

snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy