Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Amadé and Salzburg Super Ski - Snow Reports 2014 - 15

Poster: A snowHead
Whoop whoop snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
And all just in time for me and Mrs Joe arriving in Schladming the following weekend!!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quite a few of the models are showing the potential for a massive dump, but it is still only a possibility. Even so, there is new snow coming this week, and a lot of us will be studying the weather sites with a lot of interest over the next few days. Fingers crossed and fat skis waxed Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
maybe time to rearrange the flight home Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Timberwolf, absolutely!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Skied Dorfgastein today. Loads of fresh powder at the top. Snowed most of day however run to main car park was very icy. Dienten tomorrow!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
So, the downside of a 07:15 flight is a 02:30 alarm call, massively outweighed by the opportunity of lunch on the hill and a cheeky afternoon ski Happy The apron at Salzburg airport must have had 3cm of fresh snow lying, and it had been hammering since breakfast time apparently. By the time I got to Radstadt, it was big ole fat snow Happy which led to nice soft bumps on a hard base. By the third run, I was letting the skis go. Excellent conditions really. Couple of Weissbiers down, and I'm ready for the evening. Oh, and Bath Rugby won their pool too. Bring on tomorrow Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Managed a late ski at Planai after an early flight from UK, not helped by a 90 minute wait in car hire queue, only 10 people in front of us - how the f**k can it take so long - was the question I asked the nice girl that eventually served me. No sensible answer, email to be sent to Muppet hire car company. Anyway on a positive note it was snowing in Salzburg and indeed Schladming, so headed up for a ski and found some nice, though not that deep, fresh snow, best vis in the trees.

ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@waynos, Scarpa and me did the forests on Zauchensee, it was really good there, vis a bit sketchy but most definitely knee deep. Tomorrow looks like being a cracker, shame I must work, I feel one of your "headaches" approaching wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Come ski with me @Kooky, I'll give you a bloody headache Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Timberwolf, if only, I am sitting here literally Going green and seriously considering unfriending Waynos and Scarpa who are busy making "plans" rolling eyes wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Kooky I do spend most my time in Luton.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@waynos, Luton Airport? I knew you resembled Lorraine Chase!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Save some of that lovely snow for me... snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
And me snowHead
snow conditions
I seem to have put someone else's legs on this morning Happy so, night race day, and as is the law, it is snowing A LOT Happy Zauchensee this morning for a powderfest Happy
ski holidays
Epic day at Schladming, powder got deeper by the hour, untracked abound. Why can't days like these last twice as long, especially as I head back to Uk tomorrow morning. Still got night race to attend or watch from apartment. As usual snowing hard for the race.@Timberwolf, see you soon
ski holidays
night race was rather fab, not too sure about the racing but the street entertainment was pretty good and it snowed again, did we mention that.
Same again next year @Timberwolf, @Kooky, and faannyesax or whatever you're called
ski holidays
@waynos, I would love to do it again next year, as long as flangesax dosnt spill his seeds all over the place again Shocked Laughing
latest report
For anyone coming out this week, the snow was the best I have ever skied here today. Deep, light and floaty. Despite the minus 10 it felt a bit warmer in the sun.
I am not sure how much we got last night but it was absolutely puking down at Schladming for the night race.
The resorts are still very quiet, I skied the day over on Dachstein West with Flangesax(Ange)Timberwolf and Scarpa and we managed to score fresh lines on every run all day long under a perfect blue sky.

Quote:

Why can't days like these last twice as long

Indeed
Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley if only!
ski holidays
@Kooky, the pictures look stunning on Farcebook, I'm more excited than a very excited thing... snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
Keep it going till Easter - I'm coming out (as it were...)
snow report
Not sure if Flachau is reachable from Maria Alm/Muhlbach? Otherwise I'd come and say hello. Hoping the snows as good for us too snowHead
snow report
@feefee, let me know when you are there and I will pop over for a ski, I haven't skied there yet this season, I will see if some of the others want to join me.

I have woken up to another amazing amount of powder, and its still snowing. Enjoy the powderfest you lot, I just hope I can make it into work, whatever will I do if the roads are all "blocked" ? Twisted Evil
snow report
Small amount of snow here this morning just to get me in the mood... Very Happy
latest report
@queen bodecia, Madeye-Smiley see you Saturday night at the Rosner!
ski holidays
@Kooky, that'd be great snowHead we arrive Saturday, I'll be in touch snowHead
latest report
Looking forward to our first ever trip to Ski Amade, Flachau, webcams look amazing and to think we were worried about snow depths only a few weeks ago, just shows how things can change in such a short time Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Staying in Wagrain for the second year running over half term. Do the resident experts know of anywhere that might show the Wales v Scotland rugby match?
Thanks
snow report
We'll be there on 21st Feb, hope the snow keeps falling till then!
snow conditions
@robnic, Flangesax's place might! Otherwise P2P on WiFi is your friend! wink
snow conditions
@robnic, I have used Filmon in the past so that might be worth a look - http://www.filmon.com
snow report
@bobbev999, Gets over loaded on 6Nations days sadly! Believe me I've been out here for over 15 years permenantly now. I had BBC up until the the bloody satellite switch. Last season it all went pear-shaped due to the sheer number of ex-pats trying to watch the match! I use P2P to access my matches! Cymru am Byth!!! wink
ski holidays
@sharon1953, It is absolutely dumping it down big time here this morning! Heaviest snowfall I have seen all year, my journey to work today will be interesting Shocked
snow report
@Kooky, where's the 'like' button snowHead snowHead
snow report
Thanks Sue and bobev. Hadn't heard of either of those.
snow conditions
@Kookey, It looks amazing, but I can see forecasts for temperatures as low as -17 next week!
snow conditions
They have been saying it's -10 up on the mountains but everyone has agreed it feels just below freezing. Too hot to even wear a buff around your neck if you are skiing slow in the forests.
latest report
This time tomorrow... snowHead Very Happy snowHead
snow conditions
@queen bodecia, Have a great time
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy