Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Amadé and Salzburg Super Ski - Snow Reports 2014 - 15

Poster: A snowHead
Haven't been to Austria for a few years and just looking for a last minute trip. With new snow arriving is Schladming a good choice?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pretty much all piste open, with this new snow should be excellent conditions.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Beginning to float into my thoughts...

http://www.wsvschladming.at/de/nightrace/
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@nozawaonsen, mine too, I need to book flights. Back out this weekend, late flight into Munich Friday, could be an interesting drive given some of the forecast, time will tell.

Friend was reporting around 40 - 50cms of fresh at Ramsau since the last snowfall event start on Sat.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looks like they've downgraded the first batch of precipitation which should fall as rain and upgraded the second which should fall as snow. Good news.

Went up Stubnerkogel today and much improved since last time. Lovely snow in places and not crowded. Seem to be fewer Russians around as well (weak Rouble?).

Still not fully open though with only two of the fours pistes down from the top towards mid-station open so any new snow would be welcome.

ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
it's raining here innit...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@flangesax, snow on the mountain though...we hope

1 sleep, skiing sunday
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Was raining in Obertauern at 9am this morning. Warm too, felt just like a spring day.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Very warm here in Bad Gastein. 12-14c.

Pistes heavy but not too badly affected considering all the rain. Only saw one piste closed that was previously open.

Should be nice Monday if we get the forecast snow. Nice dump of around 50cms forecast for Friday as well. Might even get the area fully open before the season ends !!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
and the temps have fallen... total white-out but snowy !!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Pumping down with snow, enjoying 15 to 20 cms of fresh pow at zuachansee. Huge contrast to yesterday's weather, apparently hit 22 degrees in Salzburg!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@flangesax, glad that you're finally getting a good dump (so to speak! Toofy Grin )
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
In Obertauren just now.
Lots of snow today stopped skiing at 12 30 as visability is now very poor.
Forcast for next couple of days kook decent
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Garfield, they can forecast how good your cook is these days? Wow! What's for dinner? Very Happy
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
nozawaonsen wrote:
@Garfield, they can forecast how good your cook is these days? Wow! What's for dinner? Very Happy

Baked Alaska? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
@Alastair Pink, may well be baked Alaska as there is a sweat bufet on the menu tonight Very Happy
Cant remember what else though
The higher lifts have closed for the day now glad we headed out first thing
latest report
Garfield wrote:
In Obertauren just now.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 12-01-15 16:10; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Garfield wrote:
In Obertauren just now.

How long you here for? Wasn't nice out there today, Ubungslift got shut due to the wind too, annoying if you're trying to teach beginners!
ski holidays
A unexpected powder day at Zauchansee. The trees were the place to be, temps dropped during the day, snow got heavier along with some very strong wind. The Red Gondola was closed late morning, but most lifts kept going. Was stupidly quiet, played off piste in the trees around Gamskogel - by midday 20-30cms of pow in the sheltered trees and just me and my ski buddies playing there! Where was everyone?

Was having a fab type "smearing" my turns - the volkl gotamas are pin point accurate for skidding the turns - means I can ski the powder so different to how I used to (bouncy fall-line style), now fast big carving turns and chuck in a smear as and when required - loved it - hopefully get out tomorrow.

As we left Zauch and headed back to base at Schladming was very little new snow in valleys but as we approached Schladming area very dark clouds. Around 5:15 the heavens opened - been snowing heavy to very heavy here in town since (750m for the record)
snow report
and to top the day Saints beat Manure - happy Saints fan
ski holidays
@waynos, I was there - but on the piste with 12 others with an average age of 60. Even so - the piste was good fun too. Ange
snow report
still snowing Very Happy
snow report
Awoken by the snow plow, still snowing,
latest report
Avi risk up to 4 with all the new snow and wind plus some warming during the day today.

http://www.lawine.salzburg.at/lageberichte/lb_2015-01-12.html?lang=de_GE

Currently still snowing but due to clear up. Maybe 15cms in town overnight - will be knee deep on the hills.
snow conditions
Just heard an avi blast - pretty rare to hear down in Schladming town - must be blasting up on top area of planai.
snow report
Thanks @waynos, Enjoy when it settles down Very Happy
latest report
Nice snow angel on Schladming Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/schladmingdachstein
ski holidays
The snow has stopped and the sun is out

snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@waynos, it's a hard life................😀😉 out there from Saturday. Never been before, looking forward to exploring a new area.
ski holidays
My delivery arrived just after midday so managed a couple of hours with some friends at Zauchansee. Again great conditions underfoot and sunny. Powder all over the shop.

View from the top.

Selling snow to more needy ski areas?
snow report
waynos wrote:

Selling snow to more needy ski areas?

I'm sure I can make out a French number plate on that lorry.
snow report
@snowheads68, Very Happy
snow report
@snowheads68, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Naughty!

@waynos, so happy for you, it looks fab. I have 2 days off now so will try and grab your slushy seconds Blush
snow report
@Kooky, will be at planai tomorrow from 8:30. Last blast before my headache goes and return to work.
snow conditions
Anyone on the Hochkonig circuit? Not going til the end of the month but watching webcams now! But better to hear from those that are there Very Happy
snow conditions
Beautiful at planai
snow conditions
Ooooooo 😀
snow report
18 days and counting. Booked the cattery and ordered the Austrian beer tokens today... Very Happy snowHead Very Happy snowHead
snow report
A stunning spring like day with awesome snow to be skied.

latest report
Looks good @waynos, is that Mr O ?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy