Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Three Valleys 2014/2015: Méribel, Courchevel, Val Thorens, Les Menuires

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:
A touch more snow last night - this is the scene in Meribel Village this morning from the Merinet Webcam. We hear S3V pisteurs are working hard to complete the Arolles piste down to the La Tania Gondola and then link to the chair, so still a chance we could have lifts here (instead of going to Le Praz) open on Saturday. Decision expected following meeting this morning apparently. Updates to follow when we hear....
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just had a lunch time peek at re conditions in Lea menuires. If you look at the live video from the Stade de slalom olympique cam you and see it's snowing quite nicely!! Woop
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The les menuires slope cam has two blokes on the roof of a hut removing the snow. It's up to their knees. Good news surely!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cannons are on above la tania on bouc blanc looking at the webcams
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If the area is only partially open this weekend will they still charge full rate for a 3 v ski pass?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I've been given a slightly reduced rate, but not much...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
bertie bassett wrote:
snowing lightly in Les Allues this morning, reports from VT of a decent bit of fresh - we'll investigate and report back later

Well the decent bit of fresh was somewhat of a lie but the snow conditions were absolutely teriffic. 2-3 hours of total hero snow, nicely grippy, no icy patches and very very consistent. Perfect for doing some work on 'up and overs' and then onto long radius turns. Was a little overcast first thing but then the sun came out to make it even more fantastic. Come lunchtime it started snowing a we had a good couple of cm. The afternoon was then somewhat overcast in places but sunny in others - so it was a case of follow the sun

more runs open this arvo col de l'audzin was opened later this afternoon, but too late for us to get across to play.

Looks like Gotschiel will open tomorrow - they were setting up the netting around the lifts as I got to the top of the portete around 4pm

PS - was a little concerned when the shut peclet this morning - apparently the cable was so cold the cabins were starting to slide backwards..
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I was stuck on peclet for an hour yesterday with a group of jovial russians. They got the vodka hip flasks out and shared them with us. It made the start, jolt, swing, start, jolt, swing much more bearable. Lots of very pleasant russians in VT at the moment.

The snow on the pistes is great. particularly in the morning.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
P.s. Hope they can open les menuires and the others on Saturday. Temperatures at 2300 havebeen a lot warmer than reported, -1 on the Val Thorens board late last night, and only 0 according to the car this morning just below village level. Looking at the fields around les menuires there looks lots to do before saturday.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
emwmarine wrote:
P.s. Hope they can open les menuires and the others on Saturday. Temperatures at 2300 havebeen a lot warmer than reported, -1 on the Val Thorens board late last night, and only 0 according to the car this morning just below village level. Looking at the fields around les menuires there looks lots to do before saturday.

Sure but it's not that hard to get the navette upto Val T - and definitely worth it with more pistes being opened up every day...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
That's all good up at VT, but what of the other two valleys Puzzled
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
franzClammer wrote:

Not Good Sad
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
franzClammer wrote:

from latania.co.uk

Quote:
Opening - Latest

LIFTS NOW CONFIRMED
Summary of lifts for this weekend - now all confirmed! Pisteurs working hard to open more and maybe La Tania lifts from Monday.

From La Tania: To ski on Saturday, meeting point at the bus stop (down the Hotel Montana) from 8h45 for a direct shuttle service to Courchevel 1850. Shuttle service every 30 minutes from 8h45 to 17h.

To ski on Sunday, same meeting point and same direct acces to Courchevel 1850. Shuttle service every 15 minutes from 8h45 to 17h.

Grangettes 1550 and Praz being used for access.

Couchevel will have Plantrey, Chenus, Biollay, Jardin Alpin, Verdons, Vizelle, Saulire and Marmottes open.

Skiing available down to mid station in Meribel (Folie) and Mottaret then up the other side via Tougnette & Plattierres for links to Les Menuires and to Val Thorens and Orelle.

4 Valleys still possible - pretty decent really after all....
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
All things considered, that's not a bad result. I do regret slightly that we'll be in Meribel and therefore on bubbles downloading at the end of each day, but I am hugely thankful there will be some actual skiing to be done!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Well you know what, 1850 doesn't look too bad at all on the webcams this morning, and there are people skiing - so let's be grateful for that! snowHead
snow report
Not that great a day today in VT - light was quite flat made defintion low, plus not much new lifts open. We took Cime Caron and did Col D'Audezet but it was quite stony and mainly artificial snow so not that much fun.

they were spinning up the lifts in Les M when we left - and the upper slopes looked like they might be ok for the weekend.
ski holidays
What's the prognosis on pistes around Courchevel/Meribel tomorrow? Got some mixed information... Worth upgrading to 3 Vallees pass tomorrow (from VT+Orelle)?
ski holidays
You can always tell that the conditions are poor and there is nothing in the forecast as Tim Wall on www.latania.co.uk has yet to post a video yet. If the lack of snow does go throughout December he might need Gordon Ramsey to help him out in La Tania Toofy Grin
latest report
Conditions above Val Thorens were pretty good yesterday

A bit firmer underfoot today, but still plenty of skiing to be had. More opening tomorrow.
snow conditions
Great photo @rob@rar.
ski holidays
Lovely photo @rob@rar.

Several sites including Bergfex are now forecasting a decent-ish amount of snow for next Weds/Thurs, but that's obviously a way off. Fingers crossed that happens.

Chamonix meteo, Weather To Ski and Snow Forecast are far less optimistic.

It would be nice if the season could get properly underway at some point.
latest report
checking the cams for VT today and it doesn't look as busy as i thought it would be. I guess next weekend will be different for those like me going away for xmas
snow report
Méribel opened today, but only above mid-station. Saulire and Pas de Lac open on the east side of the valley, and Tougnette (1+2) open, among others on the west side, with corresponding 3V links open. On the Saulire side, only one piste down to Pas de Lac and Saulire lift stations open - all pistes closed below that. In Courchevel, Combe Saulire open and Creux. Pistes a mix of real and man-made snow, and on the whole very good, grippy snow. Pistes were pretty quiet. Some light and fluffy to the sides of a couple of pistes, but generally no off-piste at all, snow cover is just too thin. The wind really picked up around noon, scraping some areas of the piste, and threatening closure of the Marmottes chair in Courch. The Saulire gondola in Méribel closed late morning for uplift, but had to remain open for skiers coming down.
ski holidays
Hi All.
We are heading out next weekend - staying in BLB and my youngest is booked to have lesson in Meribel Chaudanne. Am beginning to doubt if the €1100 i need to shell out for a 3V pass for a family of 5 is worth it Sad
Are the blue runs that link the areas open - my youngest will be skiing with us in afternoon.

Also, best place to park in VT if we decide to drive over for the day in search of snow.

Think I had thicker forst on my car this morning in UK than snow on pistes with Meribel.
ski holidays
@IwishICouldThinkOfAFabNam, driving up to VT the first car park you come to just before you reach the resort (P4) is free, next door to a piste, liftpass office, a couple of lifts and has a large restaurant next to it. Good place to access VT's skiing from.
latest report
Quick slideshow showing conditions around VT last week. Piste conditions were mostly perfect, with the exception of Friday when it was a bit more hardpacked but still mostly good. We even had a bit of fresh snow to dabble in at the side of the pistes. Considering how bad conditions are across the Alps it was awesome.

https://vimeo.com/114428031
latest report
What I liked about this week was the absence of crowds despite all the buses dropping loads of people off at p4.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Sat 13-12-14 22:15; edited 1 time in total
snow report
@rob@rar, Very cool slideshow Very Happy

The guy in blue has A-frame issues Toofy Grin

Those conditions have reassured me that our 'lads' trip to Les Menuires in Jan should be fine even if it stays as is!

I recognise that restaurant you guys were in a couple of times - hang a right off the chair that comes up from near the Funitel station and it's halfway down before you get to the 'fridge' and freezer' chair called Moraines I think. Great place, can't remember the name...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Latania.co.uk reporting further lifts opening over next few days for the last Tania links
latest report
@red 27, Chalet Marine. I like it there, very cool playlist and great views.
ski holidays
@rob@rar, Yes, thanks, thats's it.

Cool/hot staff too as I recall, and their tips can was labelled 'Summer in Ibiza Fund'

I always like to give to a good cause
latest report
Well I'm all packed and ready to go. Photos have reassured me that there is some snow somewhere in the 3 Valleys!
ski holidays
Oh well. It's better than a kick in the cobblers.
This time tomorrow me n the droid will be trundling along somewhere between Dijon & Lyon Very Happy
snow conditions
looks like we will all be heading over to VT to ski over christmas then snowHead
ski holidays
Great slideshow rob@rar
latest report
First Snow report of the season from mr wall.

http://youtube.com/v/mDPklVurrpo
snow conditions
Has anyone got any reports from VT this weekend? Web Cams look like its mega busy!
snow conditions
@Little Martin, Loosing your season ski pass on the first day ouch! Sure he had the proof of purchase back at base.
snow conditions
Tim's bobblehat is freaking awesome Happy
latest report
How much of Meribel and Courchevel are open at the moment? What about Les Menuires?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy