Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Three Valleys 2014/2015: Méribel, Courchevel, Val Thorens, Les Menuires

Poster: A snowHead
@HoneyBunny, must be 1:1 scale, that picture
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Does any body know if they plan to open the link between mottaret and vt this weekend?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Im out there as of Friday. Cannot wait! Its a shame the forecasted dumps keep dwindling down to nothing but the snow last night is a massive boost! has any one seen the webcams in Les Menuires? Its absolutely dumping on some of the live video streams!

Question - would a VT local area pass cover me for Les Menuires?

Cheers all NehNeh
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
No I don't think so you would need the Belleville valley pass that was the case 5 years ago when I was last there.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Verdons bubble looks to be running but I can't see many people skiing.

Saulire webcam looks promising though, hopefully there'll be just about enough to slide on if they can shove some artificial snow around.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
An unexpectedly, to me at least, large amount of fresh snow made for a bit of an awesome day in Val Thorens. Still nothing skiable below 2400m, but things looking much nicer at least. Above VT piste conditions much refreshed and we spent all morning finding bits of fun off-piste to play in. Considering how bad the conditions are generally, a remarkable good day Happy

More photos here if you are interested.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Welcams for Les Menuires look good for the first time since november. Its all white! Weather has a 9cm dump during the afternoon today so fingers crossed it stays put.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Theluji, it might look white, but I don't think much is skiable there at the moment. Lots more snow required.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@rob@rar, fully aware but happy to see some snow finally.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
dobby wrote:
BiL is out there for a week. He'll appreciate the extra snow. @Mollerski, hope son enjoys his trip. They bussing it? Saw them all last year round the back of the Student Union - all v excited, they were.

Yes, coach. By the mess of a dissertation which we proof read for him this afternoon, I'd say that he is excited. rolling eyes
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@rob@rar,

It was, as you say, an awesome day in Val Thorens. The afternoon with blue skies and soft snow was fantastic.

Still amazed at the relative lack of cover around in the off piste areas. They need one of those dumps twice a week for the next few weeks really.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Given the current conds. I'm driving down Sunday night arriving Monday morn.
Would you buy a 3Vs pass or just a Courch or VT or are the cannons running in Meribel yet?
Based in Brides Les Bains, would usually get a 3Vs pass, but was thinking unless there's a dump over the weekend,
we'll just drive up to where the skiable pistes are & get a local pass until the big dump arrives.
What d'ya reckon Puzzled
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@rob@rar, that looks like fun. Glad you had such a good day. snowHead Not sure why you are amazed at the lack of snow, @emwmarine, the freezing level was around 3000m for weeks.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Apologies for the large pic, couldn't see how you could restrict the size from the tags
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Couple more photos showing conditions today

Very cold this evening in Mottaret, and snow cannons running full bore.
latest report
@rob@rar, Excellent job of sniffing out the best powder that man! bom bom Toofy Grin
Really appreciating the updates
snowHead
snow report
franzClammer wrote:
What d'ya reckon Puzzled
Wait and see would be my advice. Nothing guaranteed at the moment.
ski holidays
rob@rar wrote:
franzClammer wrote:
What d'ya reckon Puzzled
Wait and see would be my advice. Nothing guaranteed at the moment.

Mine too, as much as it will rankle you, have lazy start to the day and suss out the options.
snow report
Meribel opening http://www.latania.co.uk/photos/2015/1dec/snow/MeribelValleyPlannedOpening13Dec2014.pdf
ski holidays
@franzClammer, when are you there we get to la Tania on the 21st
latest report
@Little Martin, Arriving Monday 15th & leaving Tues morn 23rd
That piste map for WC 13th looks promising
latest report
Maybe have a mini-snowheads meet, we can practice one leg skiing Wink

The dump for Saturday seems to have disappeared (again), next week has one, but too far off to get excited about.
ski holidays
Well it's bound to snow now. I've cancelled ski carriage and booked ski hire instead!
latest report
Just looking to book a trip out on Saturday (13th) and have a decent option for Courchevel - so just wanted to ask a question of some of the experts on here.
With only a small dusting of top up snow being forecast for the next 6-9 days, how likely is it that the pistes that currently look in great nick on the Webcams will continue to keep in good shape for the week after the official opening on Saturday ?
snow report
Sounds great, have been looking at the cams for a few weeks now as was getting worried about xmas week in Les Menuires should have something to ski on at least
snow report
capstone wrote:
Sounds great,

what does? Puzzled
snow conditions
Excellent piste conditions in Val Thorens today (above 2300m), just about perfect grippy snow with just the odd patch of polished snow and hardpack. Well worth the drive from Mottaret each day.
latest report
@seano508,
Quote:

Just looking to book a trip out on Saturday (13th) and have a decent option for Courchevel - so just wanted to ask a question of some of the experts on here.
With only a small dusting of top up snow being forecast for the next 6-9 days, how likely is it that the pistes that currently look in great nick on the Webcams will continue to keep in good shape for the week after the official opening on Saturday ?

What are your options in regard of the season? If you are heavily restricted and unlikely to be a able to go later in the season I would go. Because I reckon things will be at the minimum just OK. But if you can take up options in January or later in the season I would be looking to do that.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Layne - We have got a trip booked in for the end of January, but my wife has next week booked off from work, and if we dont go away I will probably end up helping with DIY all week (which I appreciate thus answers as to whether to go or not!). I guess the real question is, will there be enough skiing in Courchevel during that week or should I look to pay an extra £3-400 to get to Zermatt / Saas Fee which has had a lot more snow.
ski holidays
Quote:
I guess the real question is, will there be enough skiing in Courchevel during that week or should I look to pay an extra £3-400 to get to Zermatt / Saas Fee which has had a lot more snow.

You can't change the question now Evil or Very Mad wink Smile

Honestly, that would be a flip of the coin as far as I'm concerned. I don't know how much better the snow is in Zermatt and whether that will be the same in 4/5 days time. it's a real you pays your money and makes your choice situation.
snow report
@seano508, Depends how bothered you are about getting much skiing in. If money is not so much the issue, then surely it makes sense to go to a resort that has plenty of snow. But saying that if I could save £300/400 and maybe have a few limitation then i would go that route. Its opening weekend so still early doors in terms of snow. the below was on the Courchevel FB page

"OPENING / Over the last few days, scenery has completely changed! It announces good news for this weekend's openings!"
latest report
Update from http://www.latania.co.uk/blog/?p=7798

Drove to le Praz then buses up to 1850. Verdons, Vizelle, Saulire and Marmottes lifts open so able to ski Saulire, Verdons and Creux.

Looking unlikely that La Tania lift will open on Saturday so buses will be on to take skiers to Le Praz where Le lPraz bubble will be working.

Nothing open in Meribel or Mottaret yet but hopefully there may be a Mottaret to Val Thorens link on Saturday.

Snow clouds rolling in – we hope!
ski holidays
Looks good, hope we get some of this in Les Arcs on opening day Very Happy
ski holidays
3v's links map:

http://www.latania.co.uk/photos/2015/1dec/snow/planouverturesrm3vallees.jpg
latest report
embedded version of what @Little Martin, posted, this is what is open this weekend

snow report
Not bad, least we'll be able to get over to VT!
snow conditions
snowing lightly in Les Allues this morning, reports from VT of a decent bit of fresh - we'll investigate and report back later
latest report
Can anyone give me a link for Courchevel webcams? Bing doesn't seem to be producing the goods.
ski holidays
@henzerani, There are a couple on this link to their official website: http://www.courchevel.com/hiver/fr/webcams-lc72.html
ski holidays
Courchevel looking nice and white
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy