Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Three Valleys 2014/2015: Méribel, Courchevel, Val Thorens, Les Menuires

Poster: A snowHead
Sad
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Out to mottaret on 13th just hope the link to vt is open
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@boardiac, don't worry, it's going to dump loads before 20th
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
cefnycoed wrote:
Out to mottaret on 13th just hope the link to vt is open

I would be surprised if it was.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Patch, now I like that post Very Happy
will be out on 28th
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Well it was open last year on that date.. let's be positive heh?!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If it's not what are the options above mottaret
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Patch, out on saturday for a week so looks like VT....
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ages away I know, but what has the conditions being like in the past over the week of Jan 10th-17th?

Can't help but to look, never a good idea, always see the lack of snow posts!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
E Mail from Sevabel re next week.

Opening of Les 3 Vallées: Saturday 13th December 2014

We would like to let you know that due to the current snow conditions, we are unable to open Les Menuires Saint Martin ski area on the 6th December.

All of our teams are in place and the drop in temperature forecast for this weekend should enable us to produce enough artificial snow to open Les 3 Vallées ski area on Saturday 13th December.

The Meribel and Courchevel valleys have also postponed their openings until the 13th December.

It will be possible to ski this weekend in Val Thorens. However, due to high numbers of skiers expected, we advise you to postpose your visit to Les 3 Vallées until the following weekend.

Sevabel customer services team will be available in the ski pass sales office at the Croisette on Saturday 6th and Sunday 7th December 2014.
(Les Bruyères ski pass sales office will not be open).

Please check our site for real time information: www.lesmenuires.com

Sevabel customer services team
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
sellwin90 wrote:
Ages away I know, but what has the conditions being like in the past over the week of Jan 10th-17th?

Can't help but to look, never a good idea, always see the lack of snow posts!

http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/snowreports/historical/#.VH49AzGsURo
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@sellwin90, it will be fantastic, enjoy.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The snow canons are on this morning.

http://www.valthorens.com/winter-en/val-thorens/live/livecams--webcams/resort-livecam.550.html
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
1850 has them on too
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
www.youtube.com/embed/mN7LW0Y00kE
ski holidays
just about to say the same. Surely a good sign.
ski holidays
Duster wrote:
E Mail from Sevabel re next week.
Opening of Les 3 Vallées: Saturday 13th December 2014
We would like to let you know that due to the current snow conditions, we are unable to open Les Menuires Saint Martin ski area on the 6th December.
Sevabel customer services team will be available in the ski pass sales office at the Croisette on Saturday 6th and Sunday 7th December 2014.
(Les Bruyères ski pass sales office will not be open).
Please check our site for real time information: www.lesmenuires.com
Sevabel customer services team

Hello,

Does it means that all Les Menuires will be closed from 06-13.12.2014 ? or only Saint Martin ?
Information: "Les Bruyères ski pass sales office will not be open" sounds link to VT from LM would not be open also.
Have somebody in the past gone to VT from LM by ski-buss when LM was closed ?

Thank you
latest report
@Lukaso, Welcome to snowHead 's

A quick look at the Les Mis webcams tells you all you need to know - there is no prospect of any skiing in either area until it snows Sad
latest report
@Lukaso, the snow line is at around 2200ish in the valley so only Val Thorens has snow and from talking to our key holder today it seems they are getting into full snowmaking mode plus looking happy about the way things are shaping up. Pretty normal start to the season for the 3vs really.

We don't rent our apartment out until the week after next because of disappointment in the past in November and we will be going out next week, which is the week we normally start. We've never not had very good skiing on the pistes from now-ish onwards.

There is a free bus between les menuires and val thorens with a timetable available. Imagine it will be quite busy next week and I wouldn't bother on Saturday/Sunday unless you have your own car.

If you look at the webcams the lifts to the plein sud side of the valley aren't open and until they do then there are no links back from VT. I know others mentioned that they often open before xmas but i've known them not to open until xmas week itself in poor conditions.

They really focus on getting absolutely everything open in the 3vs for xmas and aren't quite so worried about what is open before then as it is pretty empty.
ski holidays
emwmarine wrote:
Pretty normal start to the season for the 3vs really.
I'm not so sure about that. I've skied open week in 3V and Espace Killy a lot of times, and this is about worst start to the season that I can remember. The snow line is about 600m higher than I would expect to see it, a function of the very mild November.
latest report
Hey guys lets be positive about the snow conditions. I know I am still new on here but you guys are making me nervous. I am due to be in VT from the 19th. I was hoping to get across most of the 3V's.

Group hug and snow dance Laughing
snow conditions
Quote:

Hey guys lets be accurate about the snow conditions.
FIFY
snow report
I was at VT last weekend and am considering going this weekend as well. Snow wasn't great but there was snow!!!! And I skied!!!!
snow report
rob@rar wrote:
emwmarine wrote:
Pretty normal start to the season for the 3vs really.
I'm not so sure about that. I've skied open week in 3V and Espace Killy a lot of times, and this is about worst start to the season that I can remember. The snow line is about 600m higher than I would expect to see it, a function of the very mild November.

Although http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=75893&start=880 up to page 23 of this in 'the all new 2011/12 weather thread' and people are having exactly the same worries. There was virtually no snow anywhere, only man made in VT - and certainly no connections working - and then first week of december and through december it all changed. I was out there just at the beginning of the first big dump and I thought the conditions there were worse before than they are now.
snow report
@emwmarine, yes, the snow arrived late in November/December 2011, but by the first week of December the snow had begun to arrive and the forecast for the first week or two of the month was very hopeful that some major snow was due to arrive. Indeed it did, and Meribel opened top to bottom, on schedule. On 8 December Mottaret village looked like this:

If Mottaret looks like that next Monday I will be a very happy chap. It won't though, as much as I'd like it to, and the forecast isn't that optimistic in the near term.
ski holidays
According to "On the Snow" the force cast for VT is good. 22CM expected next Wednesday. Blush
latest report
@chrisrawles, sadly they are going to need 50cm-100cm down to the bottom of the resort to have any significant difference in opening runs...
ski holidays
http://www.bergfex.com/val-thorens/wetter/prognose/
35cm next wednesday?!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Listening to the radio this morning it sounds like they will be making decisions today/tomorrow about the ski cross competitions at Val Thorens and whether they can go ahead or not.
snow conditions
I understand that the skicross world cup event that I was hoping to watch on 12th/13th December has been moved to 5th - 11th Jan.

There are also ski races in Val d'isere and courcheval later on that are being reviewed as well.
snow report
Off to Valmorel in Feb, so need to find the right thread to fuel my 'snow watch' obsession...as there's no Valmorel specific thread, is this the best one to follow? I presume that as they are so close, if there's snow (or not!) in the 3V then the same will be true for Valmorel; is that correct?
ski holidays
Off to Valmorel in Feb, so need to find the right thread to fuel my 'snow watch' obsession...as there's no Valmorel specific thread, is this the best one to follow? I presume that as they are so close, if there's snow (or not!) in the 3V then the same will be true for Valmorel; is that correct?
snow report
@chemistry, We got it, don't hit the keybord al the time!

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1956129&highlight=valmorel#1956129

Maybe you can get life into that thread again.(2 years old - who would go to Valmorel??????)

snow report
1850 webcams has more cannons on this morning, looking that little bit whiter
snow report
How much snow can them cannons actually make in a week?
ski holidays
Bucketloads I hope! We're due out for a week at La Tania from 14th, so praying for a massive dump of snow or super-speedy cannons this week...

Feeling a bit more optimistic after seeing the forecast
snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
I think the fact the resorts have put their opening dates back a week is actually a positive thing. The way I look at it is that this now means that as the temp is dropping, they are able to run the cannons and pretty much make the resorts ski- able just before Xmas week,

This is what I tell myself anyway Shocked
ski holidays
I think its Val Thorens this weekend again. A fair bit open, and snow forecast. Hurrah!
ski holidays
http://www.thelocal.fr/20141205/no-snow-scuppers-world-cup-races-in-france

well they have given up on the racing
ski holidays
I think its Val Thorens this weekend again. A fair bit open, and snow forecast. Hurrah!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy