Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

PDS Swiss plus Avoriaz/Chatel/Les Gets/Morzine 2016/2017 NOT THE WEATHER

Poster: A snowHead
@Mjit, Thank you. Thats useful information.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
BUMP Just in case there is anything to say....
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Carrefour have started doing own brand agrum zero. Bit of a game changer.

And I bought some new skis
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

agrum zero

had to Google that - never heard of it. But I don't like low-cal drinks anyway, so I suspect it won't change my game. wink Low cal tonic just ruins the gin, for me.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well get the full cal stuff then @pam w,
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Afternoon all.

It seems like there are many snowheads in this part of the world over New Year - anyone fancy a meet up - 30th December. Obviously location will depend on where the snow is best but probably lauching from Morzine/Avoriaz with a view to collecting any Chateloise early doors.

Anyone fancy it? snowHead snowHead
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Driving out on Friday, with or without a turkey. Anyone know where there is a bit of space in a freezer for a few days? Or else it's Carrefour poulet for Christmas lunch Sad
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If you get really stuck were in Seytroux and you can pop it in there in exchange for xmas crackers @noggy, snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@noggy, we have oodles of space in our freezer in Les Gets but although we only arrive tomorrow, we are off to the States for family visiting on Saturday so we have guests in our chalet over Christmas so not very sociable for them to offer you the space. Really sorry.
@Nadenoodlee, as above - would have loved to otherwise. We are back on the 4th Jan so maybe after that.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ummm they do have turkies in Grand Frais in Thonon so you may not need to bring a frozen one out
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nadenoodlee wrote:
Afternoon all.

It seems like there are many snowheads in this part of the world over New Year - anyone fancy a meet up - 30th December. Obviously location will depend on where the snow is best but probably lauching from Morzine/Avoriaz with a view to collecting any Chateloise early doors.

Anyone fancy it? snowHead snowHead

Go on, I'll start the list.

Nadenoodlee
Chattonmill
Mrs Chattonmill
mini Chattonmill (Do not underestimate the mini, Harry Flashman did, only the once mind!)
+Interloper

Now if someone could just go and do a snow dance.......snowHead
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Nadenoodlee, I'd love to join but don't arrive until the 3rd (hopefully skiing from the 4th). If anyone is around 4-10 Jan and fancies a meet up let me know. I'll post something nearer the time.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Chattonmill, you might be better off in Northumberland at the moment... we have just arrived at our chalet an hour or so ago - at least I have been able to plod round the garden and inspect what has grown since we were here in September, and it was easy to unload the car!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Next weeks 5 day Xmas ski break in a catered chalet in Morzine was supposed to be a treat for me as it will be our very first Xmas without any of our children Sad Whilst it will be nice for once not to have to think about catering arrangements I fear I am going to be rather bored! I detest skiing in crowded, poor conditions, and have a particular dislike for Avoriaz!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Pamski, I know, My OH is out at the moment, so if you see Twins doing a strange dance at the Chavannes say Hi!
Normally I would just load up the car and go and find the snow, but by all accounts there is no snow to be found anywhere.
I have got 4 separate weeks booked at the moment, so hopefully I'll hit lucky on at least one of them!
snow conditions
@Chattonmill, will keep an eye out - deeply into sorting out things in the chalet this morning. Nice supper at the Tyrol last night.
You must get lucky with 4 separate weeks. We shall be back in Les Gets from 4th January till 7th Feb so something must go right between those dates.
snow report
Hmmm a restaurant I have not tried! only been here 4 years though.....
We will have to give it a go.
Rab C Nesbits is our favorite at the moment.
snow conditions
@Chattonmill,
Quote:

Rab C Nesbits

where is that?

have you been to alt1490exclusif over at Col de l'Encrenaz yet? we found it in the summer.
latest report
Sorry, it's L'Outa, the first time we went M Le Patron was wandering around in a string vest. Being that he is slightly over weight the name kinda stuck.
He does know his wines though!
Not been to alt1490exclusif, I will have to look it up. There are so many restaurants it is difficult to get to them all!
snow report
So over the Back of Mr Chery and head right at the bottom? I assume it is behind the one on the side of the piste there?
ski holidays
ah yes - we have had some good meals at L'Outa, sometimes a bit chaotic - last summer we were there with friends and we got our main course first and then the starter but as it was Scallops and then Lobster to have them reversed didn't really matter. We often pop into his winebar next door...
We reckon that alt1490 will be a snowshoe job in the winter as its up a track.
latest report
Yep, was looking at the access, not one to do with the kids!
snow report
Was anyone up on Mt Chery today, was it even open?
ski holidays
Power problem in Les Linderets yesterday so ended up in L'Escapade at the bottom of the Ardent gondola - EUR9 for a plate of overcooked chips Crying or Very sad although the fondue was OK. Won't be hurrying back.
Skied Pointe de Nyon to Les Gets today. Lunch at La Pointe de Nyon (bottom of the chairlifts at the top of the cable car) was good but service slow due to being very busy.
snow report
Shame about L'Escapade, we had a couple of reasonable lunches there last year when we hadn't intended to eat, then decided to have a drink there and somehow we ended up staying for lunch. I imagine everywhere is heaving this week.
ski holidays
Rather odd question but does anyone know if either the SPAR or Carrefour in Morzine sell tins of pear in syrup?
ski holidays
No I don't @Mjit,
snow conditions
@Mjit, see if Carrefour online stock them?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Mjit, highly likely to, tinned fruit in syrup is very common here, it's the tinned fruit in its own juice which is hard to get.
snow conditions
In defence of the Escapade Ardent. My plat du Jour today was delicious. Peppered Steak , frittes with Cauliflour grattin and salad for €12. Hard to beat.
latest report
Whoever was asking about milk substitutes the other day.... the Bio section in Intermarche Chatel has both rice and almond milk so I'm guessing it's fairly easily available as this is not the best supermarket I've ever been to!!
snow report
@Mjit, the large Carrefour at SJD had pears in syrup in tins this afternoon - lots of gaps on the shelves for other things but they were there.
snow report
Have you been down for a coffee at Alba @Pamski, I think their blend is my favourite
snow conditions
@Nadenoodlee, no, not yet - I thought it was going to be right on the front de neige and have only been down in the car along that road since our return on Sunday and haven't spotted it - it must be just off there. Its usually eyes on the road along there as all those with 'brains left at home' walk straight out in front of the car - often with small child in tow, or even pushing that out in front to keep the adult safe!
latest report
I had the same trouble when finding it- it's on a little side alleyway next to a jewellery/ gift shop - there's a sport 2000 on the corner of rue du centre
ski holidays
@Pamski, It's beside the Creperie des Gets, lovely cafe (creperie is also great)
snow report
@MeMyselfandI, thanks, yes often been to the Creperie, particularly good with grandchildren...

We have just got back from a few hours on MC- our private mountain today for nearly the whole time, narrow at the bottom of Marmotte cutting over to the bottom of the black but fine, there were five pisteurs working on that last bit of the red with shovels and then they all came into the Chanterelle - so 3 pairs of skis each with a shovel and two boards with their shovels piled up with our skis outside. The liftie lady from Chery Nord along with the woman who runs the little snack bar down there had their chairs out in the sun and just go up each time we went round.
Finished off with a glass if vino in the GO.
Lievre run fine, if half sized on the last bend.

Sun out, blue skies, and the mayor and prefecture and powers that be lunching at the GO tomorrow so we/they may hear a little more to stoke the rumour mill re new lift, underground car park etc etc.
latest report
Talk to the Owners of the GO if you want an update on the new lift and postes.
Two new pistes on the Mt Chery side, linking in with the Perrieres making it possible to do a loop, new lift is from the school to the plateau on Mt Chery.
All planned to be open from 2017.
snow report
@Chattonmill,
Quote:

Talk to the Owners of the GO if you want an update on the new lift and postes.

that is what we were doing today - and they will be hearing more tomorrow.
snow conditions
@Pamski, amazing to think that the mayor etc lunching there - wouldn't have thought that when you consider the early days!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy