Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

LES ARCS 2014 - 2015

Poster: A snowHead
snowcrazy wrote:
Yesterday we went across to Montalbert for lunch via the Roche du Mio and Champagny. Managed to get down the Canyon with the kids in ok snow above Plagne Centre and see the animal models and witch on the track down to Montalbert.

Photos now posted.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.777488275660974.1073741844.195692797173861&type=3

Today, had a quick look around and then stayed home to get rid of my sore throat. Seems much better now so despite the tempting new snow pleased I stayed in the warm and fixed my skis again! All ready for a full powder day tomorrow!

Outside we have snow down to the valley today and it is still snowing lightly. My friend who just came back says that up high there is about 10cm of new snow. The vis was in and out all day with a light wind. The sunny spells did not really arrive, but as he stayed in the trees most of the day he said it was still good riding.

Tomorrow the Red Bull Linecatcher event will still take place so I shall be out all day. Hope the weather improves as predicted by tomorrow morning.

Great pics. Thanks for posting.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:
Well sounds like conditions have vastly improved over the last 48 hours. What %o of the ski area is now open?

Waffle wrote:
78/108 runs and 48/54 lifts.

Never did like night skiing much tho'... always feel a bit wobberly wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@allanm, lol

I hate the Marmottes night skiing. Did it twice.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Waffle. Thanks
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Waffle. Thanks
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
^^ problem with night skiing is it usually entails several demis beforehand, skied down many times from L'Altiport to Vallanry in pitch black... bricking it.. wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@allanm, I can about manage the 1950 resort run (which to my surprise has been given a name other than icy b*stard rat run ) after a few demis
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Is the run from Aguille Rouge to Villaroger open again now?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mmmm things which I've ***allegedly*** done after a few demis make my hair stand on end, **apparently, it is alleged** ' my switch improves dramatically..

"So you can get down there backwards..?" "Yea, course I can.. hic."

I survived.

LOl!

@Ricklovesthepowder, Maybe tomorrow.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lovely sunny day. Cold. Pistes are generally in good nick with some ice and hard packed snow. The hard pack is fine, the ice not so good, but it's not everywhere and it's visible. Not nice for snowboarders, but having been wiped out at the top of a lift by one, my sympathies are running low wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well come on, all had a good day?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Great day. Worn out. Been bimbling about in the 2000 bowl and further down to 1600/1800 a couple of times. Snow at 1600 was spring like later in the day, but nice. Up here in 1950 there's ice in my beer.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We went out today, the snow is much improved but it was very cold especially in 2000. Saw a couple of the Linecatcher entrants dropping off, how do they get up there? Will wrap up warmer tomorrow but may have to invest in new gloves Sad Last week before a short break back to the UK so need to make the most of it!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
So conditions are vastly improved across the mountain at all elevations? Glad you have all had a great day!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'm here to, up in 1950. Yup conditions are much better than I thought they were going to be. Few icy patches and some scrapped bits but overall not too shabby at all. Pretty dam cold this afternoon! Very Happy
ski holidays
@sparkzter, GLad I'm not the only one that thinks it's cold. I was in a shop in 1600 this afternoon asking about heated boot liners. Brrrrrr!
ski holidays
@Waffle, yes it was cold today. Tried to ski in the sun as much as possible. The red back to 1600 was pretty icy at the end of the day. My skis are now in the shop getting sharper edges. Also bumped into snowcrazy in the bar.

A good day had by all. And there are 22 of us.
snow report
@chrisb, Very Happy Several people were in Christina Sport in 1600 wanting edges and wax on their skis.
snow report
@Waffle, that was probably me
ski holidays
Could have been! A Brit guy came in with someone and left his skis at about 1630.
latest report
Today was the Red Bull Linecatcher event here in Les Arcs. Due to the conditions they started early and had the whole event finished by lunch time. Great for me as I managed to meet the guys from North America and get some photos of them for the Epicski Blog (North American Forum) plus still have a great days riding in the National Park.

Just two of us headed over to the Linecatcher event first thing as the others went off for a ski. We did one of the side couloirs and crossed to the finish. Got some good photos of the days event. See photo album shortly.

When they had finished we headed up Aiguille Rouge and into the Park. Found some good powder and even managed to make fresh tracks most of the afternoon.

After two laps including all the way down to Villaroger which was interesting, we headed for Malgovert and a play in the forest before going down to Arc 1600. I managed an extra run through the trees above Arc 1600 while I waited for the others to return and meet up for a few beers.

Although we did not use many pistes today. Those we did cross were freshened up nicely by the recent snow. By the end of the day some places were becoming warn and hard packed, but even the lower section of the cachette piste was better than it had been for a few days. Right now you can get down to all stations across the Paradiski area without difficulty and the snow depth is slowly improving.

With cold temps and more snow forecast for the rest of this week there should be better snow conditions (if the forecast is correct!?). Let's hope the vis is ok.

All the photos will be posted shortly over in the Jan 2015 Album on my Les Arcs Winter page.
latest report
@Waffle, yes that was me. I had already put mine in. Hope you have a good day today
snow report
Guys

Just doing some pocket money budgeting as was wondering how much beer is going to cost in resort? Also , what can I expect to pay for a 1/2 decent lunch ( nothing super fancy)?
Thanks in advance

Mitch
ski holidays
@chrisb, You too Smile It's snowing snowHead @Mitchell, The Bulle cafe just above the Arcabulle lift does nice food and great cheap pizza. Their drinks are not expensive (2.5 Euro for a small beer, 10-12 for a huge pizza).
ski holidays
@snowcrazy, Greta photos of Linecatcher thanks. Madeye-Smiley Cool

@Mitchell, A 2nd for The Bulle in middle of slopes opposite Arcabulle chair. Also Arpette restaurant near the Arpette lift is good value too.
ski holidays
Anyone know what the situation is with wifi in 2000 for 2015?
A few years back there was a short-term subscription service, then I think an 'iffy' free service for a couple of years. We stay in an apartment and don't spend hours in bars in order to use their 'free' services, so just wondered if it is still possible to get online in the warm & without using mobiles?
snow conditions
@kapt, it is back at paid and throughout the resort, with various options. Paid for a brief use and the speeds were ok. The free, but it doesn't work was a flawed business model. Toofy Grin
latest report
@thefatcontroller, Very grateful for that - much appreciated. I only just thought about it & must admit was panicking a little. I'm still in 20Century re mobile tech I'm afraid - but would be lost without email/internet. Phew! Smile
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Waffle,

I thought France was supposed to be expensive ! That sounds more than reasonable Smile
ski holidays
@Mitchell, that the Bulle - don't expect to see that elsewhere! (and +2 for stopping there - it is really very pleasant). Rumour has it it is owned by Corsicans, who are, shall we say, not subject to the same pressure to conform to local pricing norms*.

*This may be an entirely erroneous view, I am not a lawyer, I have nothing against the local setup, they are all nice people, with a living to make**.

** the only other place with low(er) prices is Meli's snack bar, and the owner there is of Romany stock. Has been known to resolve disputes in a physical way***

*** not that I have anything against Romanys, decent upstanding members of the community.
snow conditions
Excellent video on Facebook from the Linecatcher event

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152953396970944&set=vb.693495943&type=2&theater
ski holidays
@Arctic Roll,

Ah, thought it sounded a bit cheap.............what's the 'norm' for beer + lunch then?
ski holidays
@Arctic Roll, Try Parenthese in 1800, or Rocky, or Cairn in 1600. In fact Pizza Charlotte in 1600 charges about the same price for pizza. These sort of prices are quite common in Les Arcs.
snow conditions
@Mitchell, IIRC a large burger and chips comes in about 12 euro. A plat du jour about 13. Since I rarely if ever get a beer at lunch time I am not sure of the price, but I think it is about 3 euro
snow report
@johnE, those places are "skis off" and walk into the village no?

@Mitchell, I'll give you a full update during next week, when I shall, for the puposes of snowheads research only you understand, make an extensive tour of the slopeside establishments, and their fare. The sacrifices I make...

Bulle Pizzas for 12€ - unless you are a gargantuan you won't want /need a whole one. Buying individual slices (or shared) works very well.
ski holidays
Will have to try this place out. Where is it exactly?
snow conditions
@Arctic Roll,
Im out there myself next week if you recall........ snowHead
Going to have to take notes so I can find these places when we go.
snow report
@johnE,

Thanks for the input........like the sound of these prices especially as the pound is getting stronger V euro
latest report
@Ricklovesthepowder, it's just above the Arcabulle lift in 2000 bowl. Lovely day. Vis good this afternoon. locals are talking about a good wadge of snow on Thursday
snow report
Those prices sound like fantasy land compared to when we went about 4 or 5 years ago, in Arc 2000 it was atleast 7euro for a beer and Im sure I paid something like13 euro for a van choud, it may have been a large though.

Is there enough snow in the trees above Valandry? realy enjoyed them last time
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy