Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

LES ARCS 2014 - 2015

Poster: A snowHead
Raining in Geneva so hopeful flights should be moving ok
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@SnowSquirrell, looking at the live radar images it missed Paradiski. The bulk of the snow was further west.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Plan Peisey - 1600 metres

Snow forecast ..............10 cm overnight Friday/Saturday
Actual .........................3 cm
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Looking at this live cam, I would say zero snowfall overnight. Not even a dusting in roofs. Very disappointing. Embarassed

http://laplagne.livecam360.net/montalbert#
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Ricklovesthepowder, check the time of that photo wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Ricklovesthepowder, the date on that webcam says 16.01.2015 so I don't think it is showing you what is happening this morning.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not such a "livecam" after all... Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It definitely snowed, just not the levels that we were all hoping.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Very light snow now.

latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@rob@rar, when it says livecam you would expect it to be just that wouldn't you! Laughing

Looking better, latest image.

http://laplagne.livecam360.net/montalbert#
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Ricklovesthepowder, it updates during the day, but not when it's dark. Snowing heavily here in Morzine so hopefully other places are getting a decent amount to low levels.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Have just arrived in 1600 and looks like about 4 cm at this level. Still snowing lightly.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
What a difference a week makes. When we arrived there was little or no snow until we were part way up the mountain.

Today however there is snow all the way to Mouitiers (sp) where it is snowing a reasonable amount!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Still snowing. Been here since 1000 and it's looking good.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Is everything open across the whole Paradiski area now? Even lower down?
latest report
Most of the area is open. I am at 1600 at the mo and the place is full of the fluffy white stuff.
ski holidays
Ok great am off to La Plagne in the morning. Good to see winter has arrived.
snow report
We skied down to Montalbert and la Roche this morning, snow was on the whole nice though a few icy patches which were not so nice.
Runs of the Arpette are in good nick, plenty powder and absolutely dead today, we had the of lains to ourselves.
A spot of lunch and a rest then back out for a few afternoon runs!

And it's still snowing snowHead
snow report
@roguemazza, that's good glad you are enjoying the freshened conditions. First visit to the area for me tomorrow so looking forward to it.
snow report
Yes, @roguemazza, the sun goes in and so do all the people, even if the snow is trickling down.
Makes for a wonderful time: pistes empty, restuarants empty, and no lift queues.
Perfick snowHead
snow conditions
glad to here that things are looking up, I'm out in 2 weeks so looking out to see how things are looking snowHead I feel like a small excitable child waiting for Christmas but without the chocolate filled advent calendar
snow report
Sounds like it's really shaping up nicely. Can't wait to get out there.
ski holidays
Heading out tomorrow and can't wait! Have been lurking on this thread for the past six weeks or so watching conditions progress and now very very excited!!
snow report
Honkong down at arc 2000 and 1950. Aiguille Rouge is shut as there is no vis up there
snow conditions
@Waffle, Woohoo! How much has fallen at various levels?
latest report
Not sure. Got here in snow at 1000 and it's snowed all day . Much heavier at 1950/2000 over the past hour. Wind up at 2000. Buff/face mask a must. Cold too. My nose is frozen
snow conditions
@MummyChristmas, Welcome, don't lurk, say hello and make sure to post updates when there. Friendly thread this Les Arcs on is.

@Waffle, Nice, very jealous.

The irony of journey home was that only real delay was for 30 mins while they cleared the snow of the runway at Bristol Airport. It was a dusting. Only 9 weeks till we are back again.
ski holidays
[quote="thefatcontroller"]@MummyChristmas, Welcome, don't lurk, say hello and make sure to post updates when there. Friendly thread this Les Arcs on is.

Will do. I didn't really mean to lurk so long - I'm just a bit shy... rolling eyes
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yesterday we went across to Montalbert for lunch via the Roche du Mio and Champagny. Managed to get down the Canyon with the kids in ok snow above Plagne Centre and see the animal models and witch on the track down to Montalbert.

Photos now posted.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.777488275660974.1073741844.195692797173861&type=3

Today, had a quick look around and then stayed home to get rid of my sore throat. Seems much better now so despite the tempting new snow pleased I stayed in the warm and fixed my skis again! All ready for a full powder day tomorrow!

Outside we have snow down to the valley today and it is still snowing lightly. My friend who just came back says that up high there is about 10cm of new snow. The vis was in and out all day with a light wind. The sunny spells did not really arrive, but as he stayed in the trees most of the day he said it was still good riding.

Tomorrow the Red Bull Linecatcher event will still take place so I shall be out all day. Hope the weather improves as predicted by tomorrow morning.

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Sat 17-01-15 17:39; edited 1 time in total
snow report
@MummyChristmas, hello Smile
ski holidays
Does anyone know what the new place that's taken over Los Chicanos is like?
ski holidays
@Waffle, the view from a couple of owners in 1950 has been that the food is good, the service was suffering from startup wobbles, but getting there.
Trip Advisor seems to back that up, with the reports from 23rd / 24th of Dec fairly average, tending to get better as time goes on. (although there's a really poor review from 14th Jan!)
ski holidays
[quote="Ricklovesthepowder"][b]@Waffle[/b], Woohoo! How much has fallen at various levels?[/quote]
Yayy!!!!😀
ski holidays
There is a group of his heading to 2000 on Sun 25 so tracking the snow conditions has become a bit of a past-time. Looking good now.

Just have to find a private tutor for 3 or 4 of us to have a couple of morning lessons. Any suggestions?
latest report
@Arctic Roll, Just had dinner there. Was really good. Tartiflette was outstanding and it was reasonable for 1950/2000. Nice staff too.
latest report
@Navrig, Spirit at 1950 have always been great for our private lessons
snow report
@Waffle, that's good the hear (about Mazot). You've convinced me to give it a go when we're next in town. (6 days and counting...)
snow conditions
@Arctic Roll, On another note, went into The Savoy at 2000 for lunch. Candice Falcoz isn't running it anymore and it shows
snow report
Well sounds like conditions have vastly improved over the last 48 hours. What %o of the ski area is now open?
snow report
78/108 runs and 48/54 lifts.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy