Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

kids skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone recommend me a good ski for a smallish and light almost 9 year old boy? He's been skiing on some 100cm Volkl ones but think he needs to move to a longer ski now (and he hates the fact they have Mickey mouse on them). Looking to spend around £200ish tops. His big sister has some K2 twin tips but is still using hers. He skis mainly on piste but likes messing about in the trees, is very competent, happily skiing reds/blacks.
I know a lot of folk don't like buying skis for kids but we generally donate/sell ski gear on to younger relatives or friends.

Thanks muchly
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
K2 Juvy's. My boy has some (bought off here) and loves them, good graphics, lightweight and a twin tip as he's basicaly at the point where he just does what ever he wants now so is experimenting landing backwards etc.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just looked at those on line and think that's what his big sister has!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
bagginsmum, are you looking to buy new or used? I have probably got some to move on this season.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Look at the for sale thread , put up in Saturday , I have a pair of K2 Juvys 129 for sale twin tip rockers that my daughter had for three weeks last season she is moving up to her older sisters , they are perfect for charging round the mountain .
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
FOR SALE , kids skis K2 Juvy 129cms adjustable Marker bindings .
snowHeads Forum Index >>> Buy, Sell, Exchange - Ski Classifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks, I think they may be too long for him, he's pretty diddy. I'm thinking he doesn't want anything bigger than 120cm otherwise he'll be crossing his tips (or going waaaay too fast Laughing )
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ski Barlett online is you best bet . They come with adjustable bindings so always good for resale
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You can go longer buying twin tips as they have less effective edge than a regular ski. My daughter is 10 she races on plastic on 130 slalom skis and used 140 all mountain skis when we were away in Feb. I'm sure she was using 129 twin tips when she was 8.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
francium., You are spot on but I didn't want to go in for the hard sell , my daughter whose ski's they are is about 135cms tall she will be on 139 s next season
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
francium., Rob Mackley, + 1

My son was on 144 all mountain skis at age 9 last season and 130 slalom skis.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
bagginsmum, my daughter was about 125cm (and 8 years old) when she started skiing her K2 Missy twin tips (I think the Juvy is the boys version) in 2012 and they were probably a bit long for her then. However by the year after when she was 129cm they were perfect as they do ski short. She skied on them again this year when she was about 137cm although they were a bit on the short side by then. I've just bought a pair of 139cm skis for her (which might last two seasons at a push). Hope this helps.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy