Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz/Chatel/Les Gets/Morzine 2014/2015

Poster: A snowHead
@WindOfChange, I am sure that there is a Caisse at Mt Chery by the bottom of the lift.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@WindOfChange, They sell LG day passes only at the chairlift station, go to the window on the uphill side of the building. I think it's cash only.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There is a little ski pass office in the lift hut on that side. @WindOfChange,
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
They take cards.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Christ that is a lot of snow out there. Be careful everyone.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Nadenoodlee, Sounds fantastic. Who was out playing in it today? My day at the office was amazing Sad
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Sunshine81, me, but only from first lift until about 11am by which time it was tracked anyway. Did the same yesterday. If it makes you feel better my day tomorrow shall involve walking up and down Les Gets ferrying small children to ski school.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@MeMyselfandI, not really but thanks for trying Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Nadenoodlee, Thanks for the correction Smile My knowledge a few years old (and a bit sketchy!)
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Morning from Chatel. Looks like a nice clear morning, going to be a very good day indeed snowHead

Don't care if I sound like a bore but ski safe people!! We've had around a metre of snow since Thursday just here at 1200m, there's much much more up there! The lifts have had delayed opening the past two days for Avalanche control. Stay safe!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
folks just back from two amazing days - anyone heading out soon is in for a treat. Thursday was fresh knee-high snow everywhere, yesterday was... deeper, and still snowing hard last night as we left.

the les gets / morzine ski area really came into its own in the conditions, with so much skiing in the trees - perfect in heavy snow. everything above the treeline was shut but we had the perrieres runs to ourselves, delicious lunch at la plaka... fab
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
After an amazingly beautiful morning of blue skies, minus 12 first thing, and great snow (so I am told) it clouded over around 1 o'clock and is now snowing heavily again in Les Gets. Snowman being built currently.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Stunning morning, fab snow, maybe the best day of the season so far snowHead snowHead Came out of Chez Crepy after a fab lunch to find it snowing heavily again snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Echoing the above comments......

Vis much better than forecast this morning so had a great ski. Loads of powder Very Happy

Snow started rolling in about 1245 as we sat at bottom of La Linga for lunch, we had an enjoyable afternoon playing in the trees around Lindarets and Plain Dranse.

6 hrs later it's still snowing Very Happy

Should be another cracking day tomorrow, I'm hoping for clear skies at first lift but not confident we'll get that so looks like a day in the trees of Morzine and Les Gets will be called for.......
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sat AM awesome - deep pow under Cornebois, Rochassons, Chaux de Roses ( well everywhere in fact ) - great waether too till about 3PM.
Took the new lifts across to Super Chatel and back, nice views from the PdS. I was under the impression that from S. Chatel -> Lac de Vonnes, there would be a piste, but Sauturday, BOTH Gabelou and PdS were chairlift in BOTH directions. Anyone know when the Forest track will be open?
Sunday was a bit larey weatherwise though, but the snow is amazing!
snow report
Thanks @WindOfChange, I was beginning to think everyone was stuck in a snowdrift as it had gone so quiet yesterday. 5 more sleeps!
ski holidays
6 sleeps for me!
ski holidays
Sun trying to break through in Les Gets after another night of snow. Over my knees in our driveway - just had a very quick run on Mt Chery and already back home as grandchildren here...
snow conditions
What can I say about Mont Chery yesterday afternoon? Epic probably sums it up Very Happy

Deep powder and hardly anybody there! Knee deep at least where not pisted and significantly deeper in places
snow report
Leaving here tomorrow afternoon and driving down. Chores to do on Wednesday, but looking forward to 2 days of powder before I drive back to the UK Friday night.
ski holidays
Heading out to LG on thursday and on the mountains friday through to sunday.

Looks like the weather will be more settled and just wondering where is recommended? I'll be boarding and would like some powder if there is any left (compacted powder/fresh snow is fine), but expect the obvious areas will be heavily tracked by then. My wife is an intermediate skier so places where she can stay on piste and I can slide down the unpisted bits at the side would be best. I've heard Mt Chery mentioned a few times on here. SHould that be our first port of call? How difficult are the reds and blacks there? Don't want to stress the other half out from the start!

Thanks
M
ski holidays
Back in the UK and my legs are twitching already! Managed to get out ok yesterday despite the heavy snow, back out tomorrow snowHead
snow report
Munter - you'll be lucky! Everywhere gets tracked out v quickly these days. MC is limited is size, but has some nice runs and can be brilliant on its day! Reds aren't particularly tricky, although the black over the back gets a bit mogulled at times (but even then it's not very steep).
latest report
Its all about first lifts. I have had two AMAZING days at Mont Chery with powder like you read about in Japan. Sunday was busier (but quieter than anywhere else in the PDS) today was waist deep in places, seriously amazing. Good off piste and fresh lines to find until well after two oclock. Saturday was an amazing bluebird morning. Loving it right now after the poor start.
snow conditions
What an excellent day. Blue sky morning, out at a reasonable hour, fantastic thigh deep powder dodging avalanche barriers with zzz, Mrs zzz, shep and others, pointe de Nyon, followed by Chamossiere bowl, a little trip to la Turche and an, as usual, excellent lunch.

Very memorable and a great start to the season proper.

Fingers disn't hurt too much but are somewhat swollen now.
latest report
@under a new name, welcome back! I would say Rule 5, but it does actually look very sore. Well played for hanging in there! Second bowl at Chamossiere epic today, I think SirP. counted 7 rotations Madeye-Smiley . Now I'm pleased SAGETS denied us all the pleasure for 3 days to let it stabilise! Day of the season (so far.... snowHead )
snow conditions
@shep, thanks! Swelling somewhat subsided now, thankfully, in time to repeat the insult at the weekend with farmer Rob. Great day and Sir P I think got some good pics!
snow report
Heading out to Morzine next week (Thursday), and looking forward to skiing the circuit again with some good snow cover. Have recently read about the new chair lifts installed this season between Super Chatel & Linga areas (to save the bus journey), but on the 2014/2015 piste map I have found online the lift on the Super Chatel side of Vonnes only appears to be running in one direction (towards Super Chatel). Can anyone confirm this please or better still that they both run in both directions, which would seem more logical, at least until the new pistes open next season?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Last Saturday (31-1-2015) they were both running in both directions.
I will be there again Sat AM, so can provide updated SitRep.
snow report
WindOfChange, thanks for the prompt response, that seems more logical. I guess the map I found was anticipating the construction of the new piste down from Super Chatel to Vonnes, which when completed will only need the relevant chair operating in ascend mode.
ski holidays
Well, interestingly enough, we asked the lifties who said we had to go back on the chair, but whilst on it we saw 3 people on the piste.... they were all in Chatel ski club kit though, so maybe it's still "unofficial", but definitely possible.
latest report
Hello all, I posted a couple of questions about half term in Les Gets here but haven't had any answers yet. I'd be grateful if one of the knowledgeable contributors to this thread could have a look at my post and answer if possible?

Thanks very much in anticipation!
latest report
@Bob Morrison, @WindOfChange, new lift is definitely running both up and down, I was on it yesterday. Piste is not open.
snow report
@stodge, sorry I don't know LG.

Awesome snow conditions here in Chatel at the moment. Fresh squeaky snow and cold temps are keeping it in superb shape. Making the most of it before the holidays! Been out cloud skiing the past two days, vis has been really in and out to the point where you think you are skiing backwards/sideways/upside down at times. I actually fell off the piste yesterday on a run I know well, misjudged a bend to the left and went forward off the edge and landed a couple of metres down in a pile of soft stuff Laughing
snow report
@stodge, I have given you some answers on that thread.

Also great snow over in Les Gets, albeit a bit cloudy today - we spent quite some time over on the Melezes and Vorosses and then over to Mt Chery - the red down to the village is great at the moment. We took some neighbours over to the Roc d'Enfer circuit at SJD yesterday as they had never been - and were in and out of clouds and then bright sunshine, it was very quiet.
snow report
@sarah, has the Super Chatel fun park been open the last couple of days, or just the boarder x?
The kids want a park day tomorrow, and we were thinking Super Chatel park ->Linga-> Plaine Dranse-> Linadrettes -> La Chapelle Park (Avoriaz), Stash -> Mosettes - Les Crosetts happy park, then back to super chatel via morgins park.
snow report
@WindOfChange, don't know about the SC Fun Park, didn't go that way the other day, but the SC Smooth Park was open and blasting music out Laughing Also saw a few kids having fun on the Avoriaz half pipes today so you could add that to your tour!

Also you can ski the run down from SC to the new lift at Vonnes. The piste is still closed but pisted and skiable. The hubby skied it today (along with several school groups) and couldn't see why it was closed. Maybe they are going to have an official inauguration of the piste Laughing

Skied Avoriaz today. Great snow. Great weather. Great skiing. Bit busy.

Holidays start tomorrow Sad
snow conditions
Back from a week. Never been before, great area. Think we got maximum lift pass usage!
We could still hunt our decent lines on Mt Chery on friday.

Anyway, watch out for south facing slopes. The big dump of snow the other week looks to have been directly onto grassy slopes? Saw a lot of full depth releases including one that came close to a piste. The swiss were still carrying out avalanche control yesterday.
ski holidays
Skied Les Gets toute seule all day - conditions possibly the best I have ever skied. Sunny up top- cloud at resort level- perfect! Had a quick coffee at La Paika (had to make myself leave as could have stayed all day!) - Melezes is in perfect condition and remains my favourite!

Les Arbis was a bit mogully later on but nothing too bad

Legs aching now though.
latest report
A sunny week ahead, been amazing in les gets for the last 4 weeks for powder, will be nice for a few days of sun, then a few dumps of course
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy