Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz/Chatel/Les Gets/Morzine 2014/2015

Poster: A snowHead
MeMyselfandI, and a rainbow too Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
MeMyselfandI, think it'll last till April?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
under a new name, I need to find out what the Gêtois onions are saying this year before I commit to answering that question...

The Chavannes mid-station is getting a facelift

photo bubble_zpsafd36cc3.jpg
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Only 17 weeks until I arrive in Les Gets...will be here before I know it Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We're staying in Le Biot for four days in February. Where's the closest place to drive to and get onto the Portes du Soleil?

Thanks
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I think that going to Ardent and taking the gondola up will be the answer for you - you can then go up to Lindarets and either over to Avoriaz, or to Switzerland or take the lift up and go to the Chatel area.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks Pamski Smile
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
9 Photos from this morning's trip to Chalet Neuf via Super-Chatel ... http://www.chatelweb.com

ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
under a new name, Pamski, FlyingStantoni, thanks for that, sorry to reply so late! They are friends of friends so don't really want to sell them a pup!
4 weeks for me this year and perhaps a sneaky one elsewhere too. Now just waiting for the white stuff to make an apperance snowHead
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
71 days till I'm out there. Counting down.

(and 120 till I'm out for a second time)
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Indian Summer conditions continue in Chatel this weekend - yesterday was beautiful and very warm and today is the same!

Things are set to change though and some colder air is on the way for Tuesday night and Wednesday - though GFS not so keen on a snowfall this (Sunday) morning. We have some discussion of this at...
http://www.chatelweb.com/chatel_snow_forecast.php
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
is that snow on the webcams

http://homepage.tudelft.nl/01q3u/skidomain/portesdusoleil/webcams.html
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yes, but don't get excited. It's just a harbinger of winter.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snowing in Les Gets village ,starting to settle on the ground as well as the plants. Should all be gone by Friday though. Very strange, on Sunday we had a BBQ at the lake where it was so hot the children were swimming.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quick hike up to the Col du Croix at 1800m above Chatel late pm (there at 5.30pm) found max depth of 10cm of snow. Few photos from today at
http://www.chatelweb.com/chatel_snow_report.php
snow report
Chatel Snow, thank you Smile
ski holidays
all good. cooling the ground Smile
ski holidays
Last October I went to Morzine for one day and it was the first snowy day of the winter.
Yesterday I went to Morzine for the day and again got the first snowy day of the year.
I've only spent 6 days there in the last 2 years, I just have a habit of booking in advance when the snow is going to come. Bit of a bug when I'm going out to look at an exposed building project.
snow report
15 photos of todays snow in Chatel and a hike up to Tour de Don at 1998m are online at: http://www.chatelweb.com/chatel_snow_report.php

ski holidays
doddsie, hmmm, I hope your coincidence doesn't continue. Could do with a rather better start to the season this year than last. Shocked
snow report
All looking good!

Avoraiz webcam is showing snow too.
http://www.avoriaz.com/en/discovering/interactive-tour/pictures-videos-and-webcam

Anyone else going to be there for new year?
snow report
feef, wot, you mean, "as the snow that fell this week won't be"? Twisted Evil

(Cos it won't...)
snow report
Ok - I am allowed to start looking at webcams now! Removals and shiping booked, house sorted, car serviced and appropriately attyred (ba-boom-tish) and husband deliriously excited. Although it has occured to me that i'll probably have to ski alone as i'll only be about Friday - Sunday and all my chums out there will be working. Can we set up a friday ski club?
snow conditions
@Nadenoodlee, I'll ski with you if you can be in Les Gets for first lift Wink
snow conditions
Snow depending I may take you up on that @MeMyselfandI, deciding whether to get a PDS or Morz/Les Gets pass
snow report
Nice picture of Chatel this morning snowHead
ski holidays
@sarah, Looks good - even a dusting as far down as Torgon. Hopefully still white when I am out at the end of the month for apartment fettling. You never know they might open the lifts early!
latest report
Just checked the website:

The projected dates for winter season 2014.2015:

> Weekends of 29 & 30 November and then 6 & 7 December 2014 : Pre-la-Joux area.

> Every day from 13 December 2014: Linga / Pre-la-Joux area and link with Avoriaz.

> From 20 December 2014: the whole area.

> Closing of the whole area the 19 April 2015.

Let the webcam/forecast watching commence!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Let the webcam/forecast watching commence

I'm ahead of you there David Smile looks like a reasonable amount on the Val D'Illiez website webcams, more than the last fall, it may not last, or it may be the beginning of this season's snow-base.
ski holidays
Lots of photos from this weeks snow in Chatel at http://www.chatelweb.com/chatel_snow_report.php including this one from a hike up to Col du Croix ...

ski holidays
Lovely photos !

I think the last time I skied in the PDS was over the Millenium New Year, with our 3 then small boys. Fantastic fireworks they had that night! So I am really looking forward to our Xmas stay in Morzine this year. Has a lot changed in the last 14 years?
snow report
@CaravanSkier, I can only speak of the last 8 but yes - lifts improving, better selection of restaurants and bars, better in resort facilities (indoor pool) lots of building work gone on since you were there last I imagine! Bloody love the place though.
latest report
@Nadenoodlee, Thank you, I did miss a pool in the resort as back then with small boys taking a half day off to go swimming etc was all part of the fun. We did find a hotel at which you could swim if you went there for dinner but it really was a tiny pool! I do like to swim after a day on the slopes but I rather think this year I will have to settle for a long soak in the bath. Embarassed And I have just realised this is the weather thread so I may be posting in the area! I will drop into the other thread.
snow conditions
oops...mistaken post! Embarassed
ski holidays
30 cm yesterday / overnight at 1800m - and found some deep drifts near Col du Croix this morning - report and 11 photos from the hike at http://www.chatelweb.com/chatel_snow_report.php

ski holidays
@Chatel Snow, great shot thanks snowHead
ski holidays
@Chatel Snow, Love it! Getting excited now Very Happy
latest report
Bonus snowfall early this morning with at least 25cm of fresh above 1700m here in Chatel. Hike to 1800m found an average max depth of 55cm and waist deep drifts.
Report and photos just updated at. http://www.chatelweb.com/chatel_snow_report.php
snow conditions
Are the lifts in les gets morz or avoriaz open this weekend.
ski holidays
Not this weekend as far as I am aware. Opening weekend for Chatel is 29/30 November but with the very mild weather expected for the next few days - that may be in doubt. Will know more after this weekend when the resorts make their decisions.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy