Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz/Chatel/Les Gets/Morzine 2014/2015

Poster: A snowHead
@sarah, Blush . Visions of Capt. Jack Sparrow spring to mind... Confused

Renards seems to consistently have the best bumps in PdS. @under a new name's favourite playground! Did you find somewhere else?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Babeth. Aah. Haven't been in to see her strutting her stuff since she last abused me! Happy days.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@shep, yes she looks a bit like him with the leathery skin and dodgy make up Laughing
@zzz, she's on good form this season, you should call in wink

@shep, bumps all over the place at the moment round here. Not Renards yesterday, we were looking for easier ones so I can learn to link them properly.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
sarah wrote:
@WindOfChange, @zzz, @shep, @DJL, @BergenBergen, @under a new name, gents this is the WEATHER not the NOT THE WEATHER thread thank you wink

@sarah
Sorry for wandering off the weather topic. What I should have said was : In the really mild spring of 1989, my skiing was greatly enhanced by the many sunny lunchtimes spent with a refreshing choppe of Cardinal served by an attractive waitress who would a tight t-shirt and a leather mini skirt - good job the weather was warm of she'd have caught her death of cold.
Is that better ? Wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
What we thought was going to be an overcast day, began cloudy and cool and was soon quite sunny. The snow was fine over at the Vorosse, even squeaky in places. The Myrtille was a bit bumpier than earlier in the week, and beginning to be scratched through to undergrowth in places. The forecast for the weekend should sort that.
It really hasn't felt like February this week, more like mid March!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@WindOfChange, Toofy Grin Very Happy Toofy Grin Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Also, the red down the back off the Morclan lift was quite brown and slushy yesterday lunchtime, but the rest of the Chatel pistes were fine.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@WindOfChange, much better wink I clearly need to try to find suitable lunchtime refreshment to enhance my skiing wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
STATREP:
Avoriaz on Sat
Adrent car park: strangely quiet.
Pistses: generally good.
Arare Boarder X: new shorter configuration is a bit rubbish
la Chapelle Park : Holding up
Stash : Mostly good, scratchy in places
Satellite run: Crusty
Village : Snow losing fight to horse dung.
Star wars : Sweet As
Mini-half pipe: Not too icy, riding well.
Super Pipe: Dunno, I chickened out after seeing someone have a big slam on the icy wall.
Petit Pin : Plat du jour was Chicken curry EUR11.90.
Igloo / Ice cave : interesting for first few meters.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Great weather here this week, great on piste conditions generally, skiing is spring-like due to the weather, happy half term peeps snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Petit pin? The biggest rip off in the alps?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
any piccies people?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Check me sig, I'm not good at getting pics on here
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Looks like another decent dump of snow is due over the next few days, what do the locals think?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It's currently snowing lightly but constantly in Les Gets, my take is that if the freezing level stays below resort there will possibly be more snow, but if it's 2000m there will be a lot of rain. Either way, it's time to return the shorts to the back of the cupboard for a couple of weeks.
snow conditions
MeMyselfandI wrote:
It's currently snowing lightly but constantly in Les Gets, my take is that if the freezing level stays below resort there will possibly be more snow, but if it's 2000m there will be a lot of rain. Either way, it's time to return the shorts to the back of the cupboard for a couple of weeks.

There's no suggestion in any of the forecasts I've seen that the freezing level will be 2000m. Highest would appear to be 1300 ish on Wednesday. While above Morzine les gets resort level it's no disaster and would appear to be only for a short period. We're going to do fine out this storm I'm sure
snow report
@Nelbert75, snowforecast had it very high yesterday for Monday but 1300-1600m now. I've just cleared about 10cm off the car. Turns out that snow clearing with a broken thumb is more difficult than skiing with a broken thumb!
ski holidays
Au revoir half term hordes, bonjour snow snowHead
snow report
Quote:

Au revoir half term hordes, bonjour

encore de parisiens..... ils arrivent....
snow report
@pam w, yes sadly the Paris lot are still on holiday though I'm hoping it might be quieter than last week. Though judging by the state of town this evening perhaps not Mad
ski holidays
Lots of cracking driving from the freshly arrived hordes this evening. Yes mate why don't you just go ahead and block the whole Avoriaz road to put on your snow chains (uk punter). And an Audi Q7 on its side in a ditch on the way down from Ardent. If only you'd spent a few more quid on proper winter tyres your 70k machine wouldn't be ruined......
ski holidays
@Nelbert75, same here. 6 car pile up at the supermarket tonight. Carnage in town.
ski holidays
People always jostle for right of way on that stupid junction at Intermarche...
ski holidays
@Mountain Addiction, Laughing it's very bad there isn't it?!

Also they're bringing all their bugs with them, I nipped into the pharmacie to get some ibuprofen and I am not exaggerating when I say the queue was 12 deep in there Shocked

I was hoping it would be quieter next week but now not so sure.
snow report
It will be a little quieter but it's still Parisians holidays and one other Tranche (can't remember which) week after that (from the 1st) it'll be quieter as inly 1 tranche is on holiday.

It's when people wander around in the road then have a shocked expression on their face when, low and behold, they see a car which is trying to get past them.... and the random vehicle stopping next to a curb with no parking space... I tell you those ASVP guys would earn a mint of they actually ticketed people for illegal parking.... Oh dear! look what you've start me on @sarah,
latest report
@Mountain Addiction, I know! Now get back to your rant page wink Laughing
snow conditions

Good morning from Chatel where it's all white again snowHead and with a hint of a blue sky too! Around 20 cm fallen where I am at 1200m since yesterday afternoon.
ski holidays
Nelbert75 wrote:
Lots of cracking driving from the freshly arrived hordes this evening. Yes mate why don't you just go ahead and block the whole Avoriaz road to put on your snow chains (uk punter). ...

Phew, it could not have been me, I swear I had mine on in 3 mins flat. before the Parisian in front begged me to help with his. we managed to make something out of his but really? uk helps france with snow chains?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

uk helps france with snow chains?

Laughing I've helped French people with snow chains more than once, sometimes to get them out of the way, sometimes because I'm just terribly kind and helpful. wink Good for the entente cordiale. Most French people are no more accustomed to snow chains than Brits. You can do a lot of trips to the Alps without needing them.

I wonder how long before some enterprising Romanians station themselves at the critical points and offer to do it for €20? I gather that's what students do in the US.
snow report
All gone rather quiet. Anyone out there? How is it looking?

Only a week to go for us now so I'm starting to show serious interest!
ski holidays
Me too DJL - I'm hoping that it's all quiet because everyone is out there having fun in amazing conditions!

Locals, how warm is it out there at the mo, does it feel like spring yet?
snow report
Husband says it has been snowing all morning even down in Seytroux. When I left last weekend it was still cold. I`m back home on Tuesday and I am hoping for SUNSHINE
ski holidays
@Nadenoodlee, No no no! Snow next week, sunshine the one after.
ski holidays
@DJL, you might be in luck there. Rain to start with this week in many places to start with but hopefully not too much before it turns to snow.
snow report
@pam w, I wouldn't wish the rain on anyone but that would do nicely, though 8 March is still some way off in meteorological terms.
snow conditions
Agreed it doesn't look as if the sun is showing its face much at all next week - we are going back to LG on Thursday as no booking for our chalet this coming week.
snow report
@DJL, i go back on 8 March too, not counting any chickens yet. But I'm not wishing I was going earlier.
snow conditions
I'm going out tomorrow, only got back to the UK last Saturday!
Should be a good week! There was enough snow before, but everywhere should be nice and fresh now.
ski holidays
@DJL, sincere apologies! Been busy. Half term week was a full week of blue skies and spring conditions. The hordes left on Saturday and it promptly started dumping. Had about 3 days of fresh snow early in the week and then more bluebird days with a return to heavy snow today and more forecast for next week. It's been colder too, Snow is excellent on piste. PB is now open and deserted as usual and so is my 9.00 preferred warm up run wink There's good snow off piste in the usual places. We had fresh tracks yesterday afternoon 3 days after the last snow snowHead Been busy with Paris and Dutch this week but pretty sure they are all gone this weekend. It's all good snowHead
snow report
@sarah, so . . . judging from what you say it sounds as though the pistes will peaceful this coming week? Toofy Grin
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy