Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The All New 14/15 Weather Outlook Thread

Poster: A snowHead
High I would have thought. Direction is not good straight up the slope -much better for weardale but the radar is showing the snow reaching YM.
http://www.raintoday.co.uk/
And the forecast is for more snow showers tomoorrow and staying cold
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2657427
Saturday looks favourable at the moment but Friday may also be a possibility. Keep an eye on tne website.

Meanwhile there is already loads of snow at Raise and they were skiing there on Monday, so they may be digging out by the weekend. Laughing
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Purple days ahead:

But windy in the southwest, the Jura and the Pyrenees

snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?

http://youtube.com/v/F8BMm6Jn6oU
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
clarky999 wrote:
This morning MWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA Deeeeeeeeeepppp

Having trouble visualizing without the aid of pics... wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I was talking to one of the business owners at the ski area today (my first day out skis this season and it was lovely!) and she had phoned Chamonix Meteo and spoken to someone who said to anticipate 2 metres at 1500m, which was much more than the website had forecast. I see tonight they are saying 20-30cm at 1500m tonight, 20-30cm tomorrow day, 30-50cm at 1500m tomorrow night, 20-30cm at 500m on Friday, and more snow showers Saturday - Tuesday…

… forecast reliability: "poor" and lots of "uncertain" and "very uncertain"s wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@miranda, Drifts of 2m perhaps?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@red 27, maybe… a lot of gallic shrugging ensued… and "we'll see"s... Either way, I'm just pleased that now I'm back at our chalet, snow-clearing is not one of my duties!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@miranda, Even if it is half of what the forecast says here, still it is a lot.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Meanwhile the Dolomites will only get a dusting this time. Still at least we should easily get there from the south , everything should be open and we should be able to see where we are skiing Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Meanwhile the Dolomites will only get a dusting this time

thankfully.......
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Toadman wrote:
clarky999 wrote:
This morning MWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA Deeeeeeeeeepppp

Having trouble visualizing without the aid of pics... wink

Quick cut for Instagram - actually doesn't really show the deepness (inherent problem with POV), but hopefully shows some of the 'funness' wink

St Gallenkirch GoPro 28.1.15 Clip1 from theADVENTURESofCLARKLEBERRYfinn
http://vimeo.com/118067611

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Thu 29-01-15 0:22; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mmm very nice indeed.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mmmmmm There are widely differing amounts being forecast for areas in France that are only 40 miles apart as the chough flies - I suspect some places are going to be lucky and some will lose out. This weather pattern is not going to play to 'spot forecasting' and lots will depend on the passage of the intense but geographically limited areas of precipitation. Results will be available on Sunday wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Am I going to wake up to check out the webcams of the Savior to be deep in powder?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:

Starting to get a bit of snow in the local woods, 50cm here at 1600 meters. The coming storm will do some good though.
snow conditions
The usually reliable Chamonix Meteo are predicting between 90-140cm in 48hrs from now Wed night through to the end of Friday with rain-snow limit dropping down to below 500m as Thurs progresses.

http://chamonix-meteo.com/chamonix-mont-blanc/weather/forecast/evening/6_days_weather_forecast.php

More to follow at the weekend as cold, snowy weather continues, but no attempt to quantify, but they speak of 'very changeable intensity depending on the barrier effect against the northern slopes' throughout this period.
ski holidays
Snowing steadily all night here in Bourg St Maurice.
snow conditions
Started snowing lightly in Tignes around 930. When I checked at 1.30 am it was chucking down but stopped soon after and has been dry since. Probably about 10 cm.
snow report
I'm wrong it is snowing. Just a wet snow that's hard to see in dark. I don't know how much
ski holidays
Still chucking it down in Bourg. It's pretty light, fluffy snow too so should be awesome up on the mountain.
ski holidays
@Raven, Its a bit windy in Tignes and Radio Val reporting 62kph at height - St Foy would be a better bet today! Note of caution though - its avalanche risk 4 - beware the powder fever........
snow conditions
Been dribbling for the past five hours here in Serre must have all a couple of mm on the bird table (see Cam link below in sig), snow that is falling is very very fine temp is -3.5.

Rain radar is interesting in that can't see the slamming that the Pyrenees is meant to be getting, as the storm really has to track more to the South and swing up and across.

And you can see how Italy is yet to receive anything, bit like us, oh well reconvene at the end of the day. I'll be going up the hill around lunch time to see what we've had so far, but not expecting too much rolling eyes

ski holidays
Don't know how much we've had - it's very uneven, windy, but certainly more than the 12cms forecast by snow-forecast (I know those numbers mean very little but because so many people swear blind it never snows as much as they say, I mention it.....)

Chamonix Meteo had it right with their 15 - 25 I think. Probably about the middle, and still snowing. Very fine, windblown snow.

@peanuthead, I doubt whether Tignes had any "wet snow". I suspect that that "fine snow" was yer actual powder.... snowHead
snow report
I think the party in the Pyrenees starts this evening, when the air mass north-west of the Iberian Peninsula (blue colours) arrive to the range.

ski holidays
The Les Saisies website has just put up 22cms in the village, 30 up the mountain.
ski holidays
@peanuthead, snowing hard in my bit of Tignes (Le Lac). Already at least 30cm by what is on the balcony. Loud thuds going off - always a good sign. And according to tignesnet.com most of the lifts are open. Certainly can see Palafour running from my window. Could be a mega day snowHead
latest report
@cota4000, strange in that image does not show the detail over Europe that the rain radar image above yours shows and is only an hour out, or does it only show extreme precipitation ?
snow report
Still snowing hard in Le grand bornand
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Weathercam, It is "Meteosat 0 degree Multi-Sensor Precipitation Estimate Western Europe", from a geostationary satellite 36000 km above Earth, it has much less detail and resolution that a ground based radar, it sees the precipitation from a different perspective and from different wavelengths. I think radar is more accurate, but satellite gives you a good impression of the general picture.

(click image for more info)
ski holidays
Snowing heavily in Morillon tracks home from yesterday covered. Dunno if trees can hold much more after Monday nights snowfall. Epic
latest report
pam w wrote:
The Les Saisies website has just put up 22cms in the village, 30 up the mountain.
Do take care on the road! When are you setting off?
latest report
@Pedantica, Early Saturday, as soon as the plough has been up. Macgyver is coming up the night before to leave his car in my covered garage, rather than risk leaving it in Albertville. He was going to come up early Saturday but he won't get up the hill at 5 am, given the snow forecast. We'll probably have had over a metre of snow by then, the rate it's going and I will have the chains on the night before as the road down is narrow and winding. We then pick up Raven in Albertville, drop my son off at Turin airport to get a train to Genoa, then the three of us will hopefully speed along the unsnowy Italian motorways and across the open passi into Arabba in time for dinner. snowHead
snow conditions
@pam w, well, gnarly as you are, I'm glad you won't be on your own for the gnarly bits.
snow report
Damn this storm just isn't making it over he boarder into Switzerland at all really Sad On the radar its a French affair right now ! Regrets booking Engelberg and Nendaz this year for a change !
snow conditions
Snowing in Nendaz today, @Alex A, and forecast to continue tomorrow and Saturday!

http://www.nendaz.ch/tourisme/webcams-3476.html

Very Happy
snow report
@Alex A, there's been some good dumps in Switzerland over the last 3 days Smile

http://www.slf.ch/schneeinfo/schneekarten/hn3d/index_EN
snow conditions
@LOTA, yep, looks a little snowy, but only 5cm and pretty much stopped now.. I'm having French envy... lol... Engelberg had 20cm overnight... just Nendaz needs a lot more... so many rocks to cover ! Fingers crossed tonight delivers some bigger goods.
ski holidays
@Alex A, the reported snow depth has gone from 10cm at village level to 30cm this week so it's improving. More needed, of course, but the webcams look extremely murky just now with the prospects of more snow.
ski holidays
Meanwhile in Tignes - the official measurement was 18cm overnight - its been snowing lightly all morning and is now snowing heavily - which looks set to continue from the MF Radar picture. Snow up high was heavily windblown (and hard work!!) but reasonably light amongst the trees down to Brev.
latest report
Chamonix meteo is talking about another big front coming through mid next week Very Happy
I'm arriving Thursday evening Very Happy
Could be just about perfect....
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy