Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Queueing to board, why?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
About to board an GVA-LHR flight and although nothing has been called, there are about 20 pax hanging at the gate.

Why?

Allocated seats, business boards first, etc...

Puzzled
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
lots of hand baggage?
or its just been conditioned into them from too many Easyjet (before allocated seating)/Ryanair flights
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cos people are stupid. The only problem boarding last is if the flight is full your hand luggage ends up at the opposite end of the plane to your seat.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

lots of hand baggage

That's the only thing that would get me standing up early.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I will never know. I sit and read my book till the last minute.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'll do it if I have a boot bag as hand luggage as it's very close to their size limit so want to get it stowed early!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm always one of those people queuing Very Happy I'm not remotely OCD, but I do get a little frisson of pleasure from being first on the aircraft, and first off. I'm not anal about it, it more a question of hating being in the middle of a queue all the way down the jetway and then in a scrum on the aircraft. I'd rather stand in a bit of a queue at the gate and then get to my seat and relax while everyone else scrabbles with their hand luggage etc.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

more a question of hating being in the middle of a queue all the way down the jetway and then in a scrum on the aircraft

I hate that too. So I wait till the scrum is over. If there's no room above me for a bag, one of the helpful attendants can stow it for me. And do you pay extra to sit in the front and get that "frisson of pleasure" at being first off the aircraft? Tomorrow I'm flying with a nervous flyer. She's not scared of flying, she's scared of confined spaces (she'd be fine in an aircraft with an open top like one of those double decker tourist buses). So I shall have plied her with a large gin and tonic and will be ensuring she doesn't get on the plane till the last minute.

foxtrotzulu, are you one of those annoying fidget-pants people who insist on standing up and faffing around before theaircrafthascometoacompletestandstillandthecaptainhasswitched offtheseatbeltlights?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
depends if I have a massive wheelie case, and are in cattle or business.
3 wheelie cases in to a luggage bin over 3 economy seats doesn't go.
in business, with a dedicated self-scan line you jump most of the queue anyway
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
pam w,
Quote:

And do you pay extra to sit in the front
Happily, my clients pay for me. £600+ for a flight to Frankfurt is a bit steep for my personal pocket!

Quote:

foxtrotzulu, are you one of those annoying fidget-pants people who insist on standing up and faffing around before theaircrafthascometoacompletestandstillandthecaptainhasswitched offtheseatbeltlights?

No, I'm very well behaved. I wait until theaircrafthascometoacompletestandstillandthecaptainhasswitchedofftheseatbeltlights and then I'm off like a scalded cat.

andy,
Quote:

in business, with a dedicated self-scan line you jump most of the queue anyway

That's just a Lufthansa innovation I fear. BA haven't introduced that yet AFAIK.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well if I'm paying the risible sum of £31.50 to fly to Geneva I get a frisson of pleasure from touching down at the same time as all the people who have paid extra to get the best seats and still felt it necessary to stand for 15 minutes to elbow their way onto the plane before me.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
would have thought it'd be a Frankfurt airport thing rather then Lufthansa. Sometimes even a separate 'pen' for the suits, with free coffee/papers.

extra cost to get a wide seat and place for drink and enough luggage bin space for a wheelie bag and laptop is not actually that much. almost all the extra cost is on the ticket flexibility. I've even had business tickets that saved €25 over the economy.

happy to stand in a 45min queue thru security at tax payers expense with a fully flexible economy ticket that costs €10 each way less than fully flexible business. all "to be seen to be doing something" Wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I travelled with Monarch their ground crew let you on as you arrive no queuing, both for scheduled and charter, impressed
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
With EasyJet's policy of telling you to put small bags around your feet it is better to always carry the biggest bag you are permitted onto the plane that way they will try and store it in the overhead bin (forcing more considerate passengers to have their bags around their feet), or even better, put it the hold for you at no extra charge.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
andy,
Quote:

almost all the extra cost is on the ticket flexibility. I've even had business tickets that saved €25 over the economy.

Agreed.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy