Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2014/2015 (Folks that a Wrap 2014/15 season)

Poster: A snowHead
stanton wrote:
nozawaonsen wrote:
@sev112, Tanzboden has a new chairlift.

Worst thing tbey ever did..

Why's that Stanton?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Folks need to learn how to use T bars.

Ski areas are replacing T bars with chairlifts because
new folks do not know how to relax & handle these ascents.

T bars are the cheapest & most efficient form of uphill transport.

Consequently new Multi million Euro state of tbe art Lazy Chairlifts
Result in najor increases in Lift Passes.

The same logic xan appliy o perfectly groomed Slopes.

Stop the Brutal Grooming.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stanton wrote:

Time for your medicine dear
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
stanton wrote:

I appreciate that, but the steepness of that gradient makes it very difficult to take a 9 year old 4ft child up with you.
A button would have been viable but you end up with the T under their thighs, and under the adult's calves, and at that steepness , that is not very stable
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
red 27 wrote:

Time for your medicine dear

The Arlberg should get back to its roots and not sell out to the package tourists

Less lifts, less grooming.

Hiking, Skins.

Earn your turns Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Still kinda warm?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stanton wrote:

The Arlberg should get back to its roots and not sell out to the package tourists

Less lifts, less grooming.

Hiking, Skins.

Earn your turns Very Happy

Can we turn off your internet too snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stanton wrote:
nozawaonsen wrote:
@sev112, Tanzboden has a new chairlift.

Worst thing tbey ever did..

Hmm... Not sure about that, I think the worst thing was taking away the Feldherrnhuegl [sp?] drag lift. Oh, and moving the railway (maybe that was a good idea for the money men, it was a bad idea for the character of the village.

Still, if there was never any progress we'd still be using the funicular. No one seemed to mind when that went away, but it was both ugly and useless since the Gampen chair lift was built.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
sah wrote:

Hmm... Not sure about that, I think the worst thing was taking away the Feldherrnhuegl [sp?] drag lift. Oh, and moving the railway (maybe that was a good idea for the money men, it was a bad idea for the character of the village.

Still, if there was never any progress we'd still be using the funicular. No one seemed to mind when that went away, but it was both ugly and useless since the Gampen chair lift was built.

Yes removal of The T bars

Feldherrnhügel
Arlenmähder
Tobel (Rendl)

The funicular had to be removed due to the mountain subsidence. However it was much faster than the Gampenbahn.

Schöngrabenlift T-bar on Kappal will eventually be replaced. Shocked
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Looked like Alpe Rauz/Valfegehrbahn was running this morning? Plenty of skiers/boarders hanging about at the bottom when I drove past anyway. Stuben and St Christoph look quite ok for piste skiing atm, at least what you can see from the road.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The tourist office this morning has posted some Fotos on FB. You can see the efforts the snowmaking crews are making .

https://www.facebook.com/Stanton.Arlberg/photos/pb.341112772963.-2207520000.1418640459./10152905218802964/?type=1&theater
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ah, the good old days - am I right in thinking the runs down to Arlenmähder used to all be ungroomed too?

I'm surprised the St Christophe t-bars are still there, I would have thought they would replace them soon?

I must have had bad luck with the funicular, I never found it very quick.

Anyway, back to the topic in hand... For all those who have bookings and can't re-plan, just bear in mind that a few runs on a few pistes and having a good time in the bars is still approx 1 million times better than being at work or stuck at home in miserable grey northern European weather. If it were me I'd still go and make the most of it, keep your finders crossed because if it does snow you'll be out there while everyone else is struggling to get there Happy Oh, and the Stiftskellar is well worth a visit if you head to Innsbruck Happy Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@sah,

Arlenmähder was all off piste. Very few people went here because of this & the only way out was the T Bar or Arlberg Pass Road

AFAIK no plans for replacement Chairlift in St Christoph.

""miserable grey northern European weather"" I am afraid it is like that here today , damp, overcast cloudy slight snowfal
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

""miserable grey northern European weather"" I am afraid it is like that here today , damp, overcast cloudy slight snowfal

Oh Sad

Cheers us up @stanton, is there any interesting news of bars/restaurants and so on? Is Joan still running the Underground? Are there any new bars in town? Has anyone bought the Rendlhof?
latest report
stanton wrote:
The tourist office this morning has posted some Fotos on FB. You can see the efforts the snowmaking crews are making .

https://www.facebook.com/Stanton.Arlberg/photos/pb.341112772963.-2207520000.1418640459./10152905218802964/?type=1&theater

LOL. You have to laugh don't you. Or cry. 2 days til I arrive. What do the farmers say?
latest report
When Joan goes so will the UG.

New bars not really Just New prices;-)

Not sure about Rendlhof can check.

If the season continues like this i can guarantee there will be a lot more
Hotels etc on the market by April!!
ski holidays
@TheManOnTheBus,

Farmers say its still to warm but by the weekend it will be colder
and snow is likely if the cold depression can blow the Fohn away from
Rendl.
snow report
well im starting to cry. arriving on the 20th and it looks less and less likely that they will open up much more of the mountain, although im not too sure why the higher runs aren't being opened if the runs off galzig are open.

anyway as Im tied to the hotel (will get an 80% hit if I cancel) and have a hire car paid for Im and starting to look for plan b options as in realitiy I don't mind a drive somewhere each day if i can find some decent skiing within an hours or so.
snow conditions
well the GFS is looking like it's going to be more unsettled...periods of warm, cool and some precipitation it looks like...

ski holidays
stanton wrote:
When Joan goes so will the UG.

New bars not really Just New prices;-)

Not sure about Rendlhof can check.

If the season continues like this i can guarantee there will be a lot more
Hotels etc on the market by April!!

Also, the problems with Russian currency might affect some owners/investors...

The family who ran the Rendlhof were some of the nicest people I've ever met, but the hotel was getting a bit tired, it needed more investment. I hope it stays as a 3* if and when it is sold, I think there are enough 5* places now Happy
latest report
sugarmoma666 wrote:
Is there any sign of more pistes opening in Lech? I'm out there next weekend for 3 days and 2 pistes totally 9 km doesn't sound much to play with.

Any info from anyone out there? I see they area now claiming 14km of pistes. However, is there enough snow down to cope with the rain forecast this week?

Are tour operators still looking top move people this week?
snow report
wePowder are making positive noises...

http://wepowder.com/weblog/5554/Snow-for-the-higher-alpine-again
snow conditions
@clarky999, the doom-mongers will have nothing to worry about soon eh?

It never fails, sometimes just takes a bit longer than some would like.
latest report
@sugarmoma666, As far I know there is only One Split blue piste open in Lech (im not going over there to check)

Piste 34 Kriegeralpe-Petersboden-Oberlech-Lech
Piste 34b Waldabfahrt-Oberlech

Nothing Open in Zurs.

I been told they are making snow & much more will be open next week.
We should get some snow next weekend & Lech/Zurs normally gets pounded before St Anton.

Without New Snow I cannot see Warth Opening anytime soon.

http://www.warth-schroecken.at/de/livecams-webcams
snow conditions
sev112 wrote:
stanton wrote:

I appreciate that, but the steepness of that gradient makes it very difficult to take a 9 year old 4ft child up with you.
A button would have been viable but you end up with the T under their thighs, and under the adult's calves, and at that steepness , that is not very stable

My children were using T-Bars with me or both riding together, when they were 7 and 9 and were absolutely fine with them. Yep, for me it was sometimes a bit uncomfortable wedging a bar behind my knees to equalise the height for them but it was no biggy. And the take-offs, gradients, and tow-line preparation here in Scotland are definitely not going to be any less challenging than St Anton. wink
ski holidays
I prefer riding T-bars solo to riding with a partner because the bar is always at an uncomfortable angle/height.
ski holidays
Those photos are grim.
Off topic I know but t-bars are generally rubbish. Too slow
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stanton wrote:
@sugarmoma666, As far I know there is only One Split blue piste open in Lech (im not going over there to check)
I been told they are making snow & much more will be open next week.
We should get some snow next weekend & Lech/Zurs normally gets pounded before St Anton.

By "next week" when do you mean? I'm out there this Friday through to Sunday.
latest report
I'll be arriving in St Anton on Saturday with hubby and our priority will be spending our Birthdays and Christmas away from the stress of cooking and entertaining family.
More snow would be a bonus, but we flew all the way out to Whistler last year and the snow wasn't really much better but we'd paid a lot more for it!
At least quality apres is guaranteed in St Anton Very Happy
snow report
Did my first day skiing today at St Anton. There were just a few runs open off Galzig. There was a group of 8 of us skiing and every one of us thought the snow was better than we expected. We all actually enjoyed the skiing. We decided to only do half a day because of the limited terrain. The runs were quite busy early on but we carried on skiing over lunch and it became much quieter and more enjoyable. Not ideal conditions but I'm glad I didn't cancel.
snow conditions
96 hour snow Prognosis for the Tirol

snow conditions
I though the Tirol extended into Italy...
snow report
@Juddernaut, that's Sud-Tirol
latest report
Interesting situation in the early hours 02.00am.
The Cows in the sheds are getting restless this always indicates
a change & snow on the way:-)
latest report
stanton wrote:
Interesting situation in the early hours 02.00am.
The Cows in the sheds are getting restless this always indicates
a change & snow on the way:-)

Which begs the question - What were you doing at 2:00am in the cow shed?
snow conditions
I gave up waiting for the cows, etc, and have cancelled my St Anton hotel. They were very nice and let me off the cancellation fee (50%). Ischgl here I come....
snow report
@TheManOnTheBus,

Don't blame you although it looks like there is significant snow forecast at St Anton - seeing is believing though.

http://www.bergfex.com/stanton-stchristoph/wetter/berg/
snow report
@stanton,
Appreciate all your updates so far stanton. Do you have any news (from cows/farmers or even the lift company!) about Warth's opening date???
snow report
http://www.stantonamarlberg.com/de/service/wetter-und-schneebericht

dodgy auto translate:

The following days significantly more movement comes into the weather. It offers us a rapid succession Atlantic front systems that introduce alternately warmer and then colder air masses. Here, then so does the probability of something temporarily nennenswerteren precipitation significantly. On Thursday, the snow line rises initially against 2000m. But at the weekend climbs the winter turn down into the valleys. The new week starts, although milder, but it should be soon again brought colder air in the sequence. In any case, the weather conditions also for the holidays is very exciting.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy