Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2014/2015 (Folks that a Wrap 2014/15 season)

Poster: A snowHead
Lots of $$$ on the line. They'll do what it takes. Going to vail next weekend, probably limited off trail, so gonna save those turns for epic pow in st anton in feb!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was wondering about the money on the line situation for a place like Lech, which has a snow guarantee. What happens if there's no snow? Refund?

Vail should hopefully get some snow the weekend of Dec. 13th. Weather patterns are starting to firm up for Pacific low moving in over the West Coast around the 11th and 12th in PNW/NorCal. Just depends how strong it is when it comes ashore. Cross your fingers it doesn't split when it gets further inland. Need another few days to get more clarity though.

Jackson Hole is looking really good though. Almost 3 meters of snow....
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Toadman, they'll have runs open, no refund. Calm down, it's snowing now and all next week.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Markymark29, not sure you'll be having much snow next week. Looking further out on gfs there is wide spread so much uncertainty but worryingly blue and green runs quite conservative. So I wouldn't bet on it
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The canons are on above 2000M. We have had some natural dandruff. More light snow showerexpected in the next few days but no significant falls.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Keep getting FB messages with photos from locals, cold and snowing, snow level just 50-60m above St Anton, looking good if this keeps up over next few days...... Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Markymark29 wrote:
Keep getting FB messages with photos from locals, cold and snowing, snow level just 50-60m above St Anton, looking good if this keeps up over next few days...... Very Happy

Oh yes please, give us some good news.

I have never been so unenthusiastic about dragging my kit out and haven't even bothered giving skiis a check over.

Heading out week today 14th, although I was seriously thinking about dumping this trip and trying to find snow elsewhere, Italy maybe ?
Prob a bit late to jump ship now though.

I don't know what will happen if StAnton doesn't open this week ? Maybe time to check the small print !
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Markymark29 wrote:
@Toadman, they'll have runs open, no refund. Calm down, it's snowing now and all next week.

I just asked a simple question. And, I'm quite calm. Thanks.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Folks.

Not looking good again. +3C in town this morning.. Another
Fohn is on the way with significant rise in temperature
later this week. Immediately afterwards the temp will fall that will be
Sunday or Monday(15th)

Pray4Snow
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dammit !! Why wont the snow gods listen ??
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Tue 9-12-14 9:45; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.

http://youtube.com/v/2YI68QXJxlg

Opening concerts are going to be feature in the seasons to come....

http://www.meinbezirk.at/landeck/leute/fulminanter-saisonstart-in-st-anton-d1179674.html
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
..Pray4Snow

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Mon 8-12-14 23:29; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I definately like the ski total report the best.. by far.

Those girls didn't look like they would lie,,,,, did they ?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I would not normally put this up. the report is misleading. They are givin out false expectations.

The temperatures are at nightime & snowfall at altitude in very lite snow showers.

The Arlberg is expecting light snow showers.

http://www.wetter.at/wetter/oesterreich/tirol/sankt-anton-am-arlberg/prognose/9-tage

http://youtube.com/v/qmgyTY7KYNY

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Tue 9-12-14 13:02; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Just got back, needs a miracle to open next weekend, and if it does it'll be a pitiful amount of runs. Drove to Solden one day and ischgl the next 2. Decent skiing and nowhere near as crowded as feared, but think that'll change very quickly.
snow report
Its white here this morning. Only about 5cm of new snow..
+1.5C in town
ski holidays
At least it looks like a ski resort now. Assume it will all melt away during the course of today.....boo hoo. Hope it gets colder soon.
snow report
@stanton, I've seen that video, it's disgraceful. Ski Total should say where they get their forecasts from, and apologies to the 3 staff for making them lie on camera.
ski holidays
stanton wrote:
+1.5C in town

Where is your temperature reading from? The weather station had it at -2.4C at 1304m at 1000 today.
latest report
http://webtv.feratel.com/webtv/?design=v720&cam=5693&c2=0&c3=0&c4=0&c6=0&c8=0&lg=de&bgcolor=C9C9C9&color1=666666&color3=D4D4D4

nozawaonsen wrote:
stanton wrote:
+1.5C in town

Where is your temperature reading from? The weather station had it at -2.4C at 1304m at 1000 today.

The particular Zamg messe station in town is not a good indicator for us. It would be
If it wad reading -10C. Many of St Anton slopes are South Facing.

They do say the camera doesnt lie?
latest report
Well at least they are trying to make snow.
snow report
@Redwine

Snowmaking is in full operation. up higher it is -5-7C
I think the lift company wants to get the runs to St Anton, St Christoph & Alpe Rauz open for the weekend. They are going to be challenged as there is another strong southerly Fohn on the way for Friday.
I do not think there is any chance of Rendl being open until at least Xmas Week.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Tue 9-12-14 13:34; edited 1 time in total
snow report
heading out on the 20th Dec for a few days cheeky trip b4 Xmas and have been following this thread and the weather outlook thread with interest. After having been in france the last 5 years was really looking forward to something different in Austria and St Anton but was getting a bit nervous with all the doom and gloom. However todays webcams are a lot more positive and several places giving more snow forecast over weekend. Much happier today Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
Official. No Skiing possible at Warth-Schröcken

Next Assessment Monday 15th Decemeber

http://www.warth-schroecken.at/de/skibetrieb-ab-05122014
latest report
Lech Zurs

Official (Only in German) Skiing is expected to Start on Friday 12th Dec

http://www.lech-zuers.at/saisonstart-2014-15
snow conditions
Official.

Caveat (Due to the current weather situation there can be changes at any time!)

Stanton am Arlberg Opens this Ftiday 12th Dec

http://www.abbag.com/en/winter/

No skiing is possible in
Warth Schrocken
Sonnenkopf

Let it begin

Pray4POWDER
ski holidays
@stanton, it'll be complete chaos with 1,000's of punters competing for about 5 runs.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stanton wrote:
http://webtv.feratel.com/webtv/?design=v720&cam=5693&c2=0&c3=0&c4=0&c6=0&c8=0&lg=de&bgcolor=C9C9C9&color1=666666&color3=D4D4D4

nozawaonsen wrote:
stanton wrote:
+1.5C in town

The particular Zamg messe station in town is not a good indicator for us. It would be
If it wad reading -10C. Many of St Anton slopes are South Facing.

They do say the camera doesnt lie?

Why would you think the official ZAMG weatger station would be a worse indicator than a figure on a webcam?
snow conditions
Dr John wrote:
@stanton, it'll be complete chaos with 1,000's of punters competing for about 5 runs.

Not really, it is off season until the 20th & even Xmas week is not that busy,Germans & Dutch go home for Xmas. Scandinavians & others do not arrive in large numbers until the main season January-March.

Its only the Brits who seem to come in large numbers in the higher risk periods.

Sylvester (New year) is the busy week!

Snow is expected Wednesday evening & Thusday. Friday the dreaded Hairdryer (Fohn) will be with us for opening Day then the Weekend should bring more Snow.

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Tue 9-12-14 15:49; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Phew. Yes, I am booked and somehow thinking if the resort is only 50% or less open then at least I'd still be on my own the bad snow keeping the late bookers not-yet-committed away.
latest report
@stanton, fair enough. Chaps in Jenniwein were trying to stay cheerful at least, and we had a slide with them in Solden on Saturday. I cheered myself up by buying the new Black Crowe Orbs & charging around Ischgl on them. Saved about £150 against buying them (+ marker griffon bindings) in the UK, well chuffed.
snow report
stanton wrote:
Lech Zurs

Official (Only in German) Skiing is expected to Start on Friday 12th Dec

http://www.lech-zuers.at/saisonstart-2014-15

My college Deutsch is a bit rusty, but sounds like they are predicting some snow for Friday, which may make it possible to open on the weekend. Also, who is Frau Holle?

I've always been curious about the artificial snow making side of things, and was wondering where Euro ski resorts get their water for the season. I noticed in Switzerland, that they had big holding ponds, similar to how they do things in the USA resorts.
latest report
@Toadman, Frau Holle is a German Fairytale . Whenever she goes to bed it Snows !

Snowmaking . The Arlberg gets plenty of rain during the summer , They refill the high elevation holding reservoirs for the higher pistes.
The lower slopes its just pumped directly from the rivers to the snowcannons. Apparently the water is free it is just the energy costs for the pump stations however St Anton has it own
Hydro Electric Dam so I am sure their is some huge discount Happy
snow conditions
I'll be in there the week after new year! I Know it's that far away that the season will probably pick up by then but right now i'm quite worried Cool Embarassed
snow conditions
stanton wrote:
@Toadman, Frau Holle is a German Fairytale . Whenever she goes to bed it Snows !

Snowmaking . The Arlberg gets plenty of rain during the summer , They refill the high elevation holding reservoirs for the higher pistes.
The lower slopes its just pumped directly from the rivers to the snowcannons. Apparently the water is free it is just the energy costs for the pump stations however St Anton has it own
Hydro Electric Dam so I am sure their is some huge discount Happy

Thanks for that info. Hope Frau Holle takes a nice long winter slumber!
ski holidays
The Arlberg forecasts are slowly returning to the usual pattern. There is some snow slowly building up, but still much more needed. Today there was 10 cm or more over some parts of Tirol, it looks pretty, but not enough to ski it.

ski holidays
Toadman wrote:

Thanks for that info. Hope Frau Holle takes a nice long winter slumber!

Is she a looker? I might just offer to tuck her in and give her a goodnight kiss if she looks like one of the waitresses at the Heustadl!! Laughing

Strictly in the interests of ensuring snowcover for all you guys of course! wink
ski holidays
Ok Folks. Vey limited skiing for Opening day...

The start of the ski season 2014/15 will be on Friday, 12th December 2014.

The following lifts and cable cars will most probably be open:

St. Anton | St. Christoph | Stuben:

Osthangbahn, Tanzbödenbahn, the Galzigbahn (as a connecting lift) and the St. Christophbahn (also as a connecting lift)The Patteriol Bar, the Kandahar Restaurant and the Verwallstube on the Galzig are open.

The cash desks and the information office at the Galzigbahn base station are also open daily .(cash desks: 8:00am – 4:30pm | information office: 08:00 am – 5pm)Also the cash desk in St. Christoph will be open from Friday, 12th December 2014.(daily, 08:15 am - 4:15 pm)

Lech | Oberlech and Zürs:

Petersbodenbahn, Bergbahn Oberlech (as a connecting lift), Rüfikopf (only for pedestrians).Most probably from Satruday, 13th December 2014: Kriegerhornbahn, Schlegelkopfbahn (as a connecting lift), Zugerbergbahn (connecting lift), Hexenbodenbahn and Seekopfbahn.Open at the moment:Bergbahn Oberlech ( 07:00 am - 1:00 pm) and Rüfikopfbahn with the Panorama-Restaurant (09:00 am - 03:00 pm) for pedestrians.Cash desks at the Rüfikopfbahn (09:00 am - 03:00 pm; from Thursday, 11th December from 08:00 am - 06:00 pm).Also the cash desks are open - next to the mentiones cable cars and lifts.

Warth | Schröcken and Sonnenkopf:

Ski opening not possible on Friday, 12th December 2014.Start of the ski season depends on the snow conditions.Until Friday, 19th December 2014 the CRYSTAL SNOW tariff is valid.There may be a bus connection between St. Christoph - Zürs - Lech. Information will follow.Due to the current weather situation there can be changes at any time!
snow conditions
... and the next oasis in the desert appears on the horizon.

http://www.bergfex.com/stanton-stchristoph/wetter/berg/
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy