Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2014/2015 (Folks that a Wrap 2014/15 season)

Poster: A snowHead
Local forecast saying the storm will abate Friday but unsettled weather will continue over Easter weekendwwiitth further extensive snowfall . Chains mandatory for all non 4wd vehicles now and with the forecast being what it is I would advise anyone coming out easter weekend to make sure they have the necessary stuff for your car otherwise you might have trouble getting to the resort. Obviously that includes those hiring cars at airports
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Loadsasnow outside my windows now. Probably not much open but maybe sonnenkopf Now there is snow lower?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Colder as well, now we are talking. Very Happy

Off topic I know but given the proximity,here as going as anywhere.

Can anyone tell me where the cash point is at Innsbruck airport arrivals?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@hedley, there's a couple on your right opposite the bakers as you clear customs.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Pro-tip - get out and ski it as soon as lifts open, in spring time deep powder can turn into a horror show when the sun comes out. Hopefully it will stay cold and there'll be powder, especially on N aspects and high up, but it will transform fast when it warms up and you then need to wait a few days for corn snow to form.

That said, with these volumes of snow you ***MUST*** read the avy bulletin before you go anywhere, the situation is very sketchy.

@Markymark29, I'm not sure I was joking, I'm seriously thinking about it. I have no other plans for Easter... Yet.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Windskisurf wrote:
Loadsasnow outside my windows now. Probably not much open but maybe sonnenkopf Now there is snow lower?

Galzig and Fang and a few drags are open by the looks of it, much more open at Sonnenkopf. Sounds like you have nothing to lose by heading that way Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
all looking very good, cold and more snow Smile

colder than normal, then back to normal around the 3rd, 4th before temps drop again!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
nice powder coming down from galzig after u get out of the brutal wind at the top. Gonna try osthang, did it a dozen times yesterday in slush moguls, then check out fang. Sonnenkopf bus after train delayed to conditions Will only get there 12.30??
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Windskisurf, Like I said earlier in the week Sonnenkopf is where I'd be going.

@sah, I must admit I was looking 2 weeks ago at flights and they were mad expensive so we binned the idea in favour of a gastro/ walking trip to Yorkshire Dales this Easter weekend, flights especially daft prices from north UK, not too bad from SE though at the time. Could go in car but I need to be back for meetings midweek, also I think Easter itself will be rammed on piste/ queues etc and tracked out really quickly, and with Av 4 hopefully people will be careful making pistes even more crowded, Larches and Bachseite alone could be worth it though if it gets and stays cold! If I had left my ski gear out there (as was our initial plan 3-4 weeks ago, and collect in summer, but I decided to take back in the car because they need some TLC over summer) we'd likely go but I object to paying crazy ski carriage on budget airlines. If I had the holiday allowance would probably head out midweek after Easter and do some tours and hire some piste carvers too, and stay until Weisse Rausch weekend and try gate-crash that for a laugh.

My "ironic" comment above was because the doom-mongers earlier in the season were berating St Anton and saying that it was a bad snow year (early January etc)......we've personally had 3 of our best snow weeks ever this season in Arlberg/ Vorarlberg, and I firmly believe that the season moves about in start dates, but generally if it starts late it finishes late (as this year). I hope it stays cold until Weisse Rausch so they can have a good race.......just booked our hotel for August incorporating the Bike Marathon race weekend, and plenty cycling/ hiking.

PS: Kitenski - I don't include you in the "doom-mongers" club btw wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Windskisurf, Also suggest the mogully itinery off the bottom right of Osthang down to piste basher station above Sennhutte (if its in decent condition, can get washed out in rain), either that or some great stuff off back of Kandahar (if you've got av gear). Also try up Rendl and into the trees down Maas itinery (go past the Snowpark and turn sharp right), should be good if snow line low enough, pretty sheltered. You can spend a great day on these runs alone.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Run of the trip. Great untracked powder on blue to osthang then amazing rin down under the galzig gondola fast bouncing through waist deep powder excellent. All else closed except fang.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Windskisurf, yeah that's where I meant! There you go!!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Markymark29, I think Rendl is closed! Osthang ski route and Fang is all there is.
@Windskisurf, how busy is it? Is everyone else staying indoors?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@sah, Maienplatt, and Larches off back on Kandahar OK too if Galzig is open. Plus the gully down to Zammermoosbahn off side of Osthang. It'll be quiet if weather bad.......there'd be plenty to keep me going anyway .... wink Just had a FB post from Stefan Hausl he's charging about in Arlberg today find plenty to do that's for sure! Sounds like a great day (not to be sat at a desk in Birmingham) Toofy Grin
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Getting busier but had had it mostly to ourselves earlier as the tape at the top seems to be doing its job and putting people off even though it's not closed.
snow conditions
@Markymark29, gonna try gully then fang. Where's that route that goes left then 5th es then over a concrete thing
ski holidays
Markymark29 wrote:
@sah, Maienplatt, and Larches off back on Kandahar OK too if Galzig is open. Plus the gully down to Zammermoosbahn off side of Osthang. It'll be quiet if weather bad.......there'd be plenty to keep me going anyway .... wink Just had a FB post from Stefan Hausl he's charging about in Arlberg today find plenty to do that's for sure! Sounds like a great day (not to be sat at a desk in Birmingham) Toofy Grin

To be honest I'd be mostly staying on open runs / ski routes today... Of course I'm not out there, maybe I'm over-imagining the risk, but with a lot of wind and new snow I'd be wary about Maienplatt / wassen etc. Larches / bachseit probably OK.
ski holidays
@sah, be ok in the trees on skiers left I think, but yes very risky, caution required
snow report
All the gullys amazing over a metre new snow in them. Always weary of any slides there's a lot of snow in them enough trees about.
ski holidays
Ok Folks it is not April Fools joke... Only a few lifts open today because of the storm

Avalanche Warning Level 4 !!

As you can see from the weather station at the Ulmerhuttte we have some serious snow over the last 48hrs.

ski holidays
Yup each time I ski down a gully there's more snow than before signing out for the day to enjoy
ski holidays
Anyone in Warth at the moment? I'm out there next week. What's the latest as the web cams don't show the snow depths that Bergfex have predicted!
snow report
@skimastaaah, not Warth, but Montafon (St Gallenkirch particularly) is Be Nice please! tits right now - easy 50cm in the trees, and snowing right down to town in Schruns (700m). Even the Silvretta-Montafon website only claims 20; I have no idea where they're measuring from but there's a LOT more than that.
snow conditions
@skimastaaah, just had an email from a friend in Warth, I wouldn't be worrying! Where you staying btw?
ski holidays
Schruns is a lovely town, I've skied Montafon quite a few years back and remember Gargellen, Golm, and Silvretta. Those resorts are not as high as Lech Zurs and Warth, so I'm expecting greater OP and piste depths judging by the latest web cams.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Wed 1-04-15 14:05; edited 2 times in total
snow report
@Markymark29, I'm going to stay at the Lechtalerhof (again) from the 8th for a week. A few friends of a friend are there for a late season bash.
snow conditions
skimastaaah wrote:
Schruns is a lovely town, I've skied Montafon quite a few years back and remember Gargellen, Golm, and Silvretta. Those resorts are not as high as Lech Zurs and Warth, so I'm expecting greater OP and piste depths judging by the latest web cams.

Lech and Zurs generally seem to get about 20% more snow per storm than here, so that should be the case.
snow report
Today was awesome. Still snowing strong. There is more than enough snow to make this coming week epic. I have had a few glueweins to celebrate ..
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
quite deep in St Christoph, snow up to the car windows!!

ski holidays
Windskisurf wrote:
Today was awesome. Still snowing strong. There is more than enough snow to make this coming week epic. I have had a few glueweins to celebrate ..

Good on yer! Very jealous, enjoy the rest of the week, it looks like there's plenty more on the way. Could be the storm of the season. Jealous. Going green
snow conditions
Reminder of an earlier post in March Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy

stanton wrote:
The farmers are predicting Epic April storms..
snow conditions
If you are thinking of doing off piste please consider carefully. Spoke with an instructor who genuinely seemed very angry. He'd had to reprimand a few people for doing it. As he said, "they are having fun so we can put our lives in danger"

I'm sure it just the usual w@nkers you know the kind who wouldn't know what a transceivers was if someone shoved it up their rectum but worth bearing in mind
snow report
Yesterday was incredible. Deep light powder.
Has been snowing hard all night so looks like more of the same today. Hopefully more lifts will open though !
snow report
Waist deep untracked powder to bottom of nasserein gondola Thru trees. Long queue tho Few more chairs open off galzig tanzboden so head over for repeat of yesterday.
ski holidays
Markymark29 wrote:
@kitenski, Hubi, Arlberg Guides......I'd have thought he like most will be booked up now for Easter, you might be ok if you're out week after though. Are you there for Weisse Rausch?

Do you have contacts for Hubi?
snow report
kitenski wrote:
Markymark29 wrote:
@kitenski, Hubi, Arlberg Guides......I'd have thought he like most will be booked up now for Easter, you might be ok if you're out week after though. Are you there for Weisse Rausch?

Do you have contacts for Hubi?

He works for Alrberg Guides, so you can contact him via them. If you want to call him directly I just PMed you his mobile number.
snow report
thanks @sah,

Is there still a kind of skier cross area/funslope near Galzig?? Somehow managed to miss it last year and reckon the kids would enjoy it!
ski holidays
@kitenski, It's at the top of Osthang (skiers left) as you drop down from top of Osthang, Tanzbodenbahn, St Christophbahn........good laugh. Also one in Lech.
snow report
Folks. This is the storm of the season.

Be careful Avalanche Level 3/4

Good Friday we will see a break in the storm possibly sun. Saturday another front moves in we could be getting 20-40cms Happy

Krazy Kanguruh

https://www.facebook.com/90701019721/photos/a.10152821548454722.1073741826.90701019721/10153253859859722/?type=1&theater
ski holidays
@Markymark29, cheers, where is the one in Lech?? I've done the speed thing in Lech

Did you use those tethers when using your goPro at all?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy