Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Head Limited/Prestige Ski and Volkl V-Werks

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there,

Ive tried search but its not thrown anything up.

Bit of a background story - 12 year old Crossmax's got stolen, insurance company paid out, on the hunt for a new 'all-mountain' ski.

Ive read about the Mantras and it sounds like that they'll be a bit to stiff for my liking.

I tried some iRally's and found them fine enough, 'scared' myself with the Kers when I first jumped on them but got used to it and didn't aggravate my knee - bonus (right knee balloons up due to an old injury with stiff ski/boot combo).

So in my search for a replacement ski in the sales, im thinking either the Blizzard Brahma or iTitan though when I looked on the Heads website, I noticed they do a Prestige/Limited ski in the same line as the i's but have chip instead of Kers technology. Ive been unable to find any reviews about them though so just wondered if anyone has skied either ski and if so, thoughts?

Then another part of me thinks, as only go once/twice a year and use my gear for a few years, do I 'future proof' as such ad look at the V-Werks Katana/RTM's but again, apart from reviews saying how awesome they are, theres little else out there as such. So are they worth the money to those that have ridden on them?

The V-Werks work out to be £200 more than the other ski's once you factor in decent bindings, so are they worth the £200 more?

Physical Details as such are;
Height - 175cm
Weight - 75-80kg
'Skill level' - 8/9 out of 10 going by the snow and rock guide
Tend to ski on-piste, not scared going off or snow condition. Like to ski moguls, tend to ski feet close together and go into the egg position where possible (though feet go into wide stance). Not really a fan of 'carving' though don't mind doing it if the slopes relatively flat

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kingston, I ski a lot on Heads and never tested the Kers vs Chip models.. a good review on Epic http://www.epicski.com/t/124612/review-head-i-supershape-titan-vs-rally-comparison

Personally I like the Titans but if you found the Rally's to butch the Titans are a bit stiffer. The chip thingy stiffens the skis up mainly torsionally and I have friends who shave skied it and dont like it as they get too stiff in bumps. The Kers thing mainly stiffens up the tail from what i can feel. (i have skied the magnums with and without Kers and definitely can feel the difference)

Unless you are actively bending the ski the chip or kers doesn't do a whole lot though..
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I wouldn't say I found the Rallys butch, just jumping from the CrossMax's to them was an 'eye-opener' as I wasn't used to the 'power' coming back in on exiting the curve as such. After an afternoons use though they became quite predictable though when I had a 'play race' with the other guys, found them slightly slower than the titans they was on.

Im sure I could have worked them more to my advantage on the mini GS course Val D has but didn't go on it unfortunately.

One thing I couldn't seem to do though was the zip line through the moguls on the rally's though I could on the Crossmax's but again, with a bit of practise im sure it wouldn't take long to get back up to speed.

Ive read that review and it started to make me think that id probably prefer the rallys over the titans but when I spoke to the guy at Snow and Rock, he suggested the Titans (which they don't sell).

Id like to think I can ski the ski hard and get them working so the stiffness doesn't bother me in that way except if itll make the knee blow up. So id sacrifice some stiffness for the sake of being able to ski to my ability each day instead of getting worse as the week progressed.

Judging by your explanation though, sounds like the chip/kers tech will be wasted in general on my style of skiing/what I tend to do.

Thanks for the comments though
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy