Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

summer training Les 2 Alpes

Poster: A snowHead
who's in favor for summer ski training???
WE ARE!!!

check it out on: www.tiptopskicoaching.com and let us know what you think!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
tiptopski, definitely in favour but I would stick with easiski if I were going to les deux alpes
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bit spammy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

definitely in favour but I would stick with easiski if I were going to les deux alpes

+1
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sorry everyone we had no intention of being spammy just sharing our love of skiing and new opportunities to do so on the glacier in les deux alpes!! I'm sure that Charlotte from Easiski will support us in this venture and we look forward toseeing you in the summer Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
skimottaret, it's been reported as spam.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It is worth going to L2A in the summer just to watch Charlotte fighting with the Italian kids.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
So to make this a lighter topic - who is going skiing and where this summer? I'll be on Les Deux Alpes glacier and can highly recommend it!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I will be with Tiptop and think it will be a fab summer ahead! - but also think it important for all other summer skiing opportunities to have their say so would love to hear where your all going and what your all up to!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
alexchapman, so Alex...to clarify you are an instructor with tiptopski?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Can I join in with perhaps a little insight.

I've briefly met Alex a handful of times in L2A over the last few weeks. My stepson had a 2 hour lesson with her and progressed very well so I'd certainly recommend her as an instructor.

Is this spam? A little clumsy perhaps but some people are too busy making a living in the Alps to be fully conversant with the "etiquette" of ski forums. Others (Inc me) can pontificate endlessly on here about our one week a year (a little harsh but you get my drift). Plenty of others have come on here with news of courses etc they are running.

Easiski has also been mentioned. This is a different market. Charlotte bless her cotton socks is hardly up to things lile race training any more. I do know that she and Alex have spoken about her plans. Anyone who knows Charlotte will know that she's behind anything attracting Brit skiers to L2A.

Getting on my soap box a little. There are endless pages on here bemoaning how tough it is for British instructors in France. Flaming one who's trying to do something interesting doesn't help the cause.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Claude B, I don't mean to flame. I just dont understand why Alex doesn't have tiptopski in his/her signature and use an established forum identity. As you say perhaps just clumsy. ..but it definitely came over as spam
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
holidayloverxx, Grumpy and condescending from me too not getting at you or Pam Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If a company join a site like this and promote their business without first getting permission to do so it is Spam and unfair to all those company's who pay to advertise. If like skimottaret you are regular posters giving help and advise and people are discussing the courses you run etc that is different.

So nice to see you on here tiptopski but please think about other company's and would you like them to post for free on a site you had paid to advertise on, so contact admin and sort out something with them ( if you have not already done so ) and hopefully we will see you as regular contributors on this site.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I presumed that tiptopski was Nele, not Alex.
snow conditions
Gspeed098, Assuming they know how it works, as per my earlier post, probably too busy working in the winter to waste time on places like this.
ski holidays
holidayloverxx wrote:
alexchapman, so Alex...to clarify you are an instructor with tiptopski?

Holidayloverxx Yes that is correct I am one of the Tiptop ski coaches.
ski holidays
Thank you Claude B, I had a great 2 hour lesson with your stepson and really hope he keeps it up!

Just to clarify a few points, as you will also see from my signature and from my history of posting with Snowheads that I am me, Alex Chapman and I also have a company called Snow Angel Nannies that offer childcare to families on ski holidays. I like to post on Snowheads and do so in bouts due to time but fully support the site and hope that when I do comment it is with reason and information for others.

Tiptopski is my colleague Nele who is new to this forum and has joined so that she can join in the forum and help people with skiing. She is a very experienced coach and I'm sure we will all benefit from her comments on here!

Anyway I'm sure Nele ment no harm and I know I didn't so anyone wanting any further information on summer skiing or would like to talk to us/ ask our advise we would be very happy to help!

I look forward to having a little more time to contribute over the inter season!
ski holidays
Second time I skied at L2A was the year they put the Jandri express in and a few years before that was the first.
Had great memories of the resort even remember it before they built the village section ( not sure if it is still known by that name, it is the bit on the left soon after entering the resort ). Fond memories of Le etable near the Diablo lift and fav was a pub with a bike poss a Harley behind a glass panel ).

Also remember you used to have to get a smalllift up to get back down from below the glacier and then going back and they had cut a gap to allow you to just ski down was soo much easier.

Think I may have just made myself sound like an ancient fossil Embarassed
ski holidays
Some things have changed but yes the village is still called that way! The restaurant near Diable changed owner and name to le grain de sel, which has lovely food!
The little lift to get back to the glacier restaurant (if you mean the mini train thing) is still there and the atmosphere in town in the summer is great. Thx to the downhill mtb'ing there is lot's going on in town!
snow conditions
The lift I am on about is after looking on a map around the area of the Sautet chair ( that may even be the lift or it's replacement ), as you are looking at that lift with your back to the glacier the cut is to the right of the lift.

Looking at the pistemap quite a bit is familiar but also a lot of changes as well around fee 6 and fee 1 was off-piste and my first real venture off-piste and Bellcombes 5 was an un pisted black with some great areas for jumps near the bottom and two lifts near the bottom as well, first was the Bellcombes chair and the other starting right next to it took you in the direction of the glacier but just upto the next ridge, ( they provided a captive audience for trying tricks but always tried flips because if they did not work still looked great and landing was powder and if they worked everyone was awestruck, shame they failed more times than succeeded though ).

Sorry digressing a bit but have a lot of very good memories skiing there.
snow report
Well i spoke recently to people that have been skiing there for 42 yrs and apparently in the old days the highest lift up was the one from Bellecombes. Now this is only the midstation and it goes up a lot higher!!
Quite a bit of slopes have changed, yes the black bellecombes used to be off piste (grand couloir). To every change there is an up and downside but it's still a very pleasant resort with lot's of posibilities!!
It's the last week of the season and there is still lot's of snow!
Never thought of coming back to see all the changes??
snow report
Yes have considered it but as kids and other half are going to be learning this summer and other half is not that keen a resort with more blue/green runs would be better for her.

Though she has suggested I can do a solo trip so L2A would be great for that, but problem is finding cheap accom for a single as we will be on holiday end of Nov and just booked for Easter as well back to the south of France.
I am also looking into the May holiday and options for glacier skiing but was primarily looking at Kaprun as I have been there in the past at that time of year. It is mainly about making it as enjoyable for her so she will go again.

I have been on the glacier at L2A and loved it one of my best days was there it was so cold they let very very few people up ( think it was around 40 max ) and they had issues getting the lifts going ( I think it was around dinnertime they finally got the two parallel T-bars going only the chair was working all day). It was that cold and windblow and the pistes were rock hard it is by far the coldest day I have ever experienced but the slopes were so empty as most who were allowed up went back down as it was so cold I think in the end there was about a doz of us blasting down for almost the whole day). Very Happy
ski holidays
It depends what you be looking for, but appartments you can find for around £200.
If you really are interested, have a look on our website or sent us an email! We can help you!
Cheers
snow report
Thanks I know apartments are not too expensive especially as I would be looking at beginning of March issue was transfer as would not be viable for me to come in the car on my own. But will be looking more closely in about a month after we have booked the flights to Spain so will probably drop you a PM then if I will be doing the solo trip.
snow conditions
Quote:

I know apartments are not too expensive especially as I would be looking at beginning of March

first half of March (roughly) is French school holidays, so not the best time for a cheap apartment, usually.
ski holidays
Thanks for info pam w Smile

I am pretty flexable as in any time that is not school hols would do be it in Jan Feb or March as long as not the last week if going solo as we will be away beginning of April.

Have even considered a bash but will have to see when they are and cost.
snow conditions
Quote:

I would be looking at beginning of March issue was transfer as would not be viable for me to come in the car on my own

Plenty of transfers available from Grenoble.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I love l2a in the summer, i'll be there for a few days for sure!!

I want to try and get on snow for at least one day every month of the year in 2014 so i'll be there in june july and august for at least a weekend Smile
snow report
speed098, the low season times are generally after the New Year week until about mid February when the 4 week French school holiday period starts, then from about mid March till the end of the season. You could probably get a very good deal on an apartment from early January to the end of the season, if you were able to vacate it completely for the French school hols.
snow report
the smk riders appartment in l2a is cheap and fun.... not really for families but it depends what your after.
latest report
My 9 weeks in L2A this season comes to an end tomorrow so I guess I could be considered a fan Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy