Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

In car DVD players

Poster: A snowHead
Hello all, we are driving to Les Gets in March with 2 young children (7 & 3). We are thinking of ways of keeping the entertained en route, we were thinking of getting some portable DVD players that fit on the headrest but a couple of people said there are some really poor models on the market.
Can anyone recommend any decent models. Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We've got these:
http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/tv-dvd-audio/portable-dvd-players/portable-dvd-players/logik-l9dualm13-twin-screen-portable-dvd-player-black-20759757-pdt.html#longDesc
Decent sized screens, separate player in each unit, solid mounting mechanisn, Decent returns policy if they break, and pretty cheap too.
I'm sure someone would call it a "really poor model" just because it is a in-house brand. We previously had an Aldi special and that worked well too for a few years but one of the screens died.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
gary.c, got ours about 5 years ago from Tesco around £100 for twin screens so probably a poor model it's a technika! It's brilliant, buy some old cheap films they've never seen, didn't hear a squeak from ours most of the journey snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We got the kids a couple from Asda. They have been great for 2 years now. Ideal in the car and on planes and buses. I would not spend loads especially if the kids are young as they have a habbit of dropping them and pushing the buttons too many times.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We have some Xtrons from ebay that cost about £180/pair. They are complete replacement headrests available in various colours, with a 9" screen integrated behind a leather cover. Each unit has its own DVD player, and they can also be linked to show the same thing simultaneously. Audio is either through speakers, the (included) IR headphones, or broadcast over FM to the car radio. They have USB input and can also play games (a disk of 80s arcade games is included) using the (also included) remote control handsets.

Highly recommended. The kids love them, and I love being able to listen to my own music whilst they wear the headphones.

Only downside is you need to fit them and feed the wiring through the back of the seat. Easy on a merc (seat back screws off) but harder on some other cars. They have various diameter legs supplied with them to fit most cars.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
tbh ipads and laptops are a better option now. I'm sure that some tablets are heaped than the dvd players.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
emwmarine, Depends on the memory, just a couple of films eats it up? mine prefer to keep the ipad for games etc and use the old fashioned screens for films.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
gary.c, if your kids get travel sick, we found DVDs made it a lot worse.

hence we stick with audio books
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks everyone for you replys.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have an in car Voyager 4 good quality dvd for sale, one screen, 2 headsets, if you would like details please pm me. No wiring needed and runs off the car power, also has a battery. Kids are not kids any more!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We used these with our kids years ago, there may even be an old Goodmans one still kicking around. Son no 1 was carsick then, but found that as long as he had the screen hanging from the driver's seat he was fine, it was only if he looked down that it was a problem.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

we think headrest monitors would be harmful to kids eyes

? Why?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Boris wrote:

yup, spot on. Should be ok with smooth motorway driving, but any stop start or motion changes can set of anyone that is susceptible to motion sickness
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
feefee wrote:
emwmarine, Depends on the memory, just a couple of films eats it up? mine prefer to keep the ipad for games etc and use the old fashioned screens for films.

We discovered this - store all our films on the hard drive and play on any device - keeps even our little one amused Smile

http://www.seagate.com/gb/en/products/wireless-storage/
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
we have a hudl with a 32 gig memory card, plenty of space for 15+ films depending on size of film, more than enough to keep the little one occupied when going on holidays.
snow report
Given that the original thread was over two years old, might the poster be sorted out by now? Very Happy
snow report
Boris wrote:

Came here to make that point - apparently I did Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy