Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buying ski clothing/equipment in Bulgaria (Bansko)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey all, I'm due to update a few items of clothing and equipment but are also heading to Bansko in about three months time. I'm just wondering whether it is worth waiting until I get there to buy as far as price is concerned.

I have never been to Bulgaria but have done some research and it seems like it is very cheap there. Will I be able to get a good jacket etc. much cheaper there than in the UK? Should I wait or is there only a minimal difference in price?

Thanks all.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Ben

I got back from Bansko about 2 weeks ago and from what I saw the prices are cheaper than in the UK and there apears to be a good selection of shops selling all the top brands.
This was my first time in Bansko and although the ski season hadn't started I thoroughly enjoyed it. Incredibly cheap food and booze and friednly locals - perfect!!

Jill Smile
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just in case no-one has said this already, Welcome to snowHeads to both of you. Starting out in Bulgaria brings back very fond memories. Glynis lives in Bansko and will probably be on soon to give advice. If you want to know more try a PM to her. snowHead snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks Chris

Styaed with Glynis and Nigel at the Devonshire Lodge whilst we were there. Our apartment is right next door but wasnt ready for us to stay in.
Had a blast!! Will defo be going back soon.

JILL
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jdl5376, Just wondering if you can give me a more accurate idea of how much cheaper things might be eg. If there were a pair of goggle in the UK for 50 quid, how much would you pay for them in Bansko etc. (in GBP). You get what I mean, just wondering if it's worth the wait or if I may as well get the stuff here and have a better selection and after sales service etc.

Thanks, if Glynis is around I would love your input, I haven't figured out how to Pm yet. Thanks.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ben

Using my husbands logni at the moment. I would say that you will save at least a third - up to half in some cases. I noticed a few large shops i.e Salomon, Trespass as well as small independent shops all selling this season's gear.

JILL
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ben

Using my husbands logni at the moment. I would say that you will save at least a third - up to half in some cases. I noticed a few large shops i.e Salomon, Trespass as well as small independent shops all selling this season's gear.

JILL
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jill, useful advice on the clothing, thanks. I'm taking may family to Bansko during Feb half term and have booked flights/accommodation separately. Can you suggest whether it's best to hire equipment and book lessons up front from UK or wait till we get there? Anyone you'd recommend?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi snojoke, where/what location are you staying?

There are a number of places popping up with new gear but we have no personal experience in hiring from them as we tend to take our own. We will however need to look at this as we plan to take a few long weekend trips and it'll be better for us to hire.

I would imagine it will be much of a muchness as far as price is concerned. The location and selection of equipment will be what we look for. Some places have their own equipment to hire out. On our complex the guys that look after it are talking about starting an owners (and visitors) club so that they can officially supply a (lower cost) equipment service. It appears that although the equipment hire is good value it can be improved upon.

Next time we email Glynis and the boys in our complex we will ask if they have any recommendations.

Simon (& Jill)
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hello everyone,
there are different shops in Bansko with different prices but in Sofia you can find much better prices for sure. The better prices in Bansko still holds Ski Snowboard Centre by the church. Even it is a small shop you can have the best offer and service for sure.

For staying there are so many new places now but the locals still keep their good prices and service. So, why not having a try?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If you want to book lessons SnoJoke, you can visit our source of information. I am a ski instructor in Bansko and you can get in touch directly if you want. The prices and all info is on anytime. Just take a look.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
snojoke, Hello Snowjoke, if you are interested in hiring equipment in Bansko you can visit our site at: www.banskotravel.com.
LIke this you can get in touch directly to the source.
Greetings
Vlado
Bansko Travel is your personal guide!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy